Enjoy Acadia National Park from a private cabin, large deck, dock, offshore swim float, use of canoe, kayak, charcoal grill, wood fireplace, indoor & outdoor hot showers. Studio with loft and new kitchen on Echo Lake bordering Acadia. Sleeps 5 (King in loft, Queen futon fold-out couch, and single fold-out futon seat that lays on the floor, good for a kid, but big enough for an adult). Pack-in/Pack-out camping approach and BYO (Bring Your Own) linens & towels. Sunsets, Views, and Loons abound!
- I will send a lease/waiver before your visit and ask that you please fill it out, sign, and return it to me.
- This is a rustic camp on a lake about 30 steps down from the road to town (you are among the trees but can still hear the road). The views are amazing and the spot very private, yet conveniently near the rest of the island fun.
- Please don't park next to the neighbors' garage, that area is for their cars. There is plenty of room away from the garage.
-You do not need a Park Pass to park at the camp, but you will need one to park or do anything in the National Park. Passes are available at the the Headquarters and Sea Wall Campground.
-BYO: There are plenty of blankets and pillows, but you will need to Bring Your Own sheets, towels, pillow cases (King in loft, Queen futon couch, and single fold-out futon / cushion chair good for a kid.) and dish towels.
-Life jackets and floats are around back in the basement.
- Running water comes from the lake, not filtered and not recommended for drinking. Drinking water is provided. You might experience air in the pipes which is normal because it is pumped up from the lake and air gets in the pipes. The lake water is beautiful for swimming, good for kitchen dishes, brushing teeth, and boiling, but not filtered or recommended for drinking. We provide drinking water jugs that are delivered. Please let me know if they get low. ***Please, please, please, minimize water DOWN THE DRAIN (into the holding tank) minimize flushes, indoor showers, and other water down the drain since the tank fills up quickly and we pay to pump it by the gallon.
-We ask that you help maintain a camping etiquette and pack-in / pack-out due to animals getting into the garbage.
-Garbage pick up from June 22 - Sept. 15 is up at the street in bags in the cans on Tuesdays and Fridays in the morning. From Sept. 15 to June 21 it is only on Thursday mornings at the street in bags in the cans.
-There is a dump near SW Harbor on Long Pond Road (off of Seal Cove Road) that takes recyclables and will take your remaining garbage at no cost. Please recycle, the dump takes all recyclables and there are donation drops for returnables. Closed Sundays.
-Please pack out anything left over from your stay, since the animals get into it and the cleaning lady does not take the garbage.
-Please leave the trash cans empty on the deck (again so the animals do not get into them)
-The outdoor shower connection has warm water, you need to let it run for a very long time to get hot via the hose. The air pressure might drop, but give it a minute as it builds back to normal flow.
- You do not need a Park Pass to use or get to the camp, however if you would like to drive the Park Loop Road in Bar Harbor or park at any of the trail heads, you will need to get a park pass for your car.
- This is a rustic camp in the woods with a "please pack-in / pack-out and leave no trace" small footprint policy.
Have a Ball!
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 7 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем 50% суммы бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 7 дней до поездки, то деньги не возращаются.
У этого хозяина 1 отзыв о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
We are an extended family of siblings who love visiting this camp. We hope you enjoy it and get to experience all the wonders of Maine and Acadia National Park. It was originally owned by our parents and we love to share it with guests.