Gorgeous top-end apartment in our home built in the 1920's. Private bedroom with full size bed and 42" flat screen TV, living room with flat screen TV, full private bath, outside separate entrance, kitchenette. Private free parking, free WIfi. We allow one night stays during the week and weekends when there is last minute availability. We allow one night stays during the week and weekends when there is last minute availability.
This totally private suite is located within our home built in the 1920's and completely renovated in 2005. The private suite was last renovated January 2014. Our home is located in beautiful Merion Station, a gorgeous Main Line suburb just 15 minutes from Center City Philadelphia and in very close proximity (10 minutes or less) from Bryn Mawr, Ardmore, Gladwyne, Narberth, St. Joseph's University, and much more.
While our home was built in the early 1920's as a large private residence, in the late 1970's the home was converted into a convent with 18 bedrooms. In the early 2000's we purchased the property and did a total renovation. While the property has been brought completely up to date, you'll find wonderful old-world touches in the private suite like hard wood floors and authentic oriental rugs.
The private suite where you will stay is part of our home but has its own private outside entrance. There is a door between the private suite and the main house so you have total privacy. The private suite is located above our garage.
In your private suite you have a bedroom with full size bed, huge closets, and two flat screen HDTVs with Comcast / Xfinity X1 cable service with extensive channel lineup -- CNN, ESPN, lots of premium channels like HBO and Cinemax, Comcast's "On Demand", and more. The remainder of the private suite includes a full bathroom with bathtub / shower and sink set in solid granite. In the kitchenette you have a Keurig coffee maker (we'll include a selection of coffees and teas), microwave, small refrigerator with freezer, toaster oven, and Instahot. There is also a small living room with pullout sleeper sofa, and another HDTV with Comcast / Xfinity cable service with extensive lineup.
The sleeper sofa in the living room can sleep up to 2 people and it's a new (August 2015) top-of-the-line FRIHETEN Ikea sofa bed.
The private suite has central heat and central air conditioning that you control. As well, you'll have very fast free WiFi with your own WiFi hotspot right in the private suite.
Location and transportation:
* 5 - 10 minute walk to several great restaurants, coffee shops, and delis.
* 5 minute drive to St. Joseph's University.
* 15 minute drive to Center City Philadelphia.
* 15 - 20 minute drive to University City including University of Pennsylvania, Wharton, Drexel, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania (HUP), and more.
* 10 minute drive to Manayunk.
* 10 minute drive to Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM).
* 25 minute drive to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).
* 20 minute drive to 30th Street Station (Amtrak).
* 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive to Merion Station train station on the SEPTA R5 offering quick access to Center City Philadelphia or all points along Philadelphia's wonderful Main Line.
* 1 min walk to SEPTA's #44 bus which picks up and drops off less than 100 yards / meters from our home.
You have access to private, free, off street parking.
The bedding is:
* In the bedroom in the private suite, there is a full size bed that sleeps 2.
* In the living room in the private suite there is a pull-out sleeper sofa that sleeps 2
If you are coming into Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) or Amtrak's 30th Street Station, we can put you in touch with an excellent driver who charges reasonable rates for pick/up drop off or you can just use Uber.
You will have access to your private suite that’s part of our home. You have your own private entrance to your private suite and can come and go as you please without going through the main residence.
** If you have an electric vehicle, we have an EVSE Level 2 electric charger and you are more than welcome to plug in and charge! **
We interact with you on check-in and just very occasionally during your stay to make sure things are okay. We want you to enjoy your privacy.
We live in a gorgeous, safe, quiet neighborhood that was first built in the 1920’s. The landscaping and homes are magnificent. What’s great is not only are you walking distance to some wonderful restaurants and places for coffee, but also just 15 - 20 minutes to Center City Philadelphia (Philadelphia Art Museum, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and more), 15 - 20 minutes to University City (UPenn, Drexel, etc.), and just 25 minutes to Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).
15 minute walk or 3 minute drive to Merion Station train station on the SEPTA R5 offering quick access to Center City Philadelphia or all points along Philadelphia's wonderful Main Line. 1 min walk to SEPTA's #44 bus which picks up and drops off less than 100 yards / meters from our home.
* You have access to private, free, off street parking on our driveway.
* If you are bringing a baby / toddler, we have a (new as of October 2014) pack-n-play (with fitted sheet), high chair, and baby tub.
* If you have an electric vehicle, we have an EVSE Level 2 electric charger and you are more than welcome to plug in and charge.
* If you are coming into Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) or Amtrak's 30th Street Station, we can put you in touch with an excellent driver who charges reasonable rates for pick/up drop off or you can just use Uber.
Guest has full access to the entire private apartment. No access to main house.
Общение с гостями
Private apartment is all yours. We'll likely see you when you arrive and may see you outside from time-to-time during your stay. In essence, we won't be interacting with you much but are always available for questions and suggestions!
Другие важные подробности
Free parking. High speed wifi.
* No pets.
* No smoking.
* No parties.
* No illegal drugs.
* No weapons of any kind.
* Outside you / your group that checks in, no additional guests may stay overnight.
* Parking is available on our driveway.
* Please keep the noise down. No very loud playing of music.
* Outside door locked at all times when in the house or away.
* Please empty your trash and put in the the trash cans in the trash corral on the driveway.
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 7 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем 50% суммы бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 7 дней до поездки, то деньги не возращаются.
У этого хозяина 919 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
VC, serial entrepreneur, vacation rental enthusiast, father of 2 great kids. Love the outdoors, adventures, traveling, and showing our kids the world.