Alvaro. I am sorry you felt this way about staying at my place. I would like to take this time to address the concerns you mentioned and major inaccuracies in your vile, angry review of me personally and of my apartment.
* The shower is great. You never mentioned a problem with it when you stayed. The shower is typical of a New York apartment. I have a wide rain fall type shower head on it which functions perfectly. The pressure is fine. I have never had one comment/complaint about the shower after years or subletting the apartment.
* You state you ran out of energy? This sentence makes no sense. Did you blow the fuse to the apartment? You NEVER called me to ask me about this situation. Would not this have been the first thing to do...to contact the owner???? Did you place new fuses in the wall? I never have this problem when I stay in my apartment. I did mention to you in the info I sent before you arrived stating to 'please use appliances wisely as this is an older building', which functions perfectly. Yes, if you used the hairdryer and the microwave and the coffee pot/Keurig machine and the air conditioner all simultaneously, the fuse could have blown. This would happen in virtually all apartments. Common sense should factor in. I would have come over immediately if you reached out to say you blew a fuse ect., which you never did.
* I waited for you and your wife and daughter to arrive to the apartment so I could greet you and give you the keys. You were delayed for over two hours between your flight and rental car. No problem. Yes, I chose to go to the gym while waiting for you and came over immediately to greet you when you arrived and texted. After I showed you around, you said you all were starving so I suggested a few places to eat. It was then that I mentioned I would take a 5 minute shower after you headed out to get some food. Otherwise, I would have headed back to the gym to shower. I am sorry that to you this logic shows that I have 'no sense'. You are lying, because I would never and did not take a shower when you and your family were in the apartment. I was long gone by the time you came back from grabbing your food.
* You are correct. I knocked on the door and after having no answer, after knocking again, I opened the door, slowly and announced my presence to see if anyone might be there. I told you the day before I may need to pop into the apartment to grab a suit. I am an opera singer and was asked last minute to sing for a funeral.
(By the way, I was supposed to been out of the country but at the last minute the job fell thru. As opposed to cancelling your reservation, I stayed with a friend.)
You and your daughter told me (the day before) you would be out selling your merchandise and exploring the city during the day, so when I heard no answer, I opened the door to the apartment.
I did enter my bedroom, close the door to gain access to my closet, got a suit out, opened the door again and tried to head out of the apartment before being verbally attacked by your wife screaming at me and your daughter doing the same.
Your daughter stated "WHAT IF I HAD BEEN DOING DRUGS OR HAVING SEX WHEN YOU ENTERED..." To this I responded that I would hope she would not be having sex with her parents in the apartment and if she was doing drugs I would kick all of you out immediatly as I have made it clear that I do not tolerate smoking or illegal substances in my apartment. (I notified Airbnb of her comments).
It is clear on my profile that this is an owner occupied apartment. Therefore, every drawer does not need to be cleaned out and every closet empty for you. I showed you there were 4 drawers totally empty in the living room and 4 drawers empty in the bureau in the entry way. In addition, there is a completely open closet to the left of the entry door (including 10 or more hangers) for your use.
* After I apologized to you for entering (for 5 minutes, which I told you the day before I may need to do) you shook your head and said sorry for your wife and daughter's behavior and comments. My response was: "sorry that entering the apartment made them crazy." You laughed. Now you say you thought about calling the police? Sir, you are a contradiction of errors.
* "Only three towels that wasn't smelling well" .....? I am not even sure what this sentence means. I personally washed all the towels the day before your arrival. There are at least 6 towels between what I left in the bathroom and those in the linen closet. (The one I used after my 5 minute shower while you were having some food, I placed in the dirty clothes bag in the closet and the cleaning lady washed that after you left). Every towel was fresh and smelled great, as did both sets of sheets you used.
* No, this is not a newly constructed building. For that, you would have paid 5 times as much. My apartment building is clean, no pests, and well taken care of. The shower pressure is great.
* I was nice and respectful to you all the entire time. I sent you numerous messages before you arrival and during your stay and wished you safe travels after you left.
* I find it fascinating that NONE of the issues you mention appear in any of the 30 or more reviews from other guests.
* I wish you would have mentioned the issues you had with the apartment regarding the towels, the shower, the fuses or the lack of theoretical space for your belongings. I told you if you had any questions or concerns to please reach out and I would personally come over and address them to rectify the situation. My goal is to provide you with a beautiful clean apartment so you have a great experience. Again, you chose not to do this, but to review me after the fact and cowardly express your dissatisfaction thru altering the truth and doing all you can to discredit me as an individual.
* I am sorry that you and your family can do nothing but complain about everything and chose to have such a miserable experience whilst in New York.
* Next time, I highly recommend you stay in the W Hotel in midtown (for $500-600 per night). This is a beautiful new building with great showers and fresh smelling towels. You can complain to them directly in the hotel about all the things you find wrong with the hotel.
I hope you and your family are able to find peace, gratitude and appreciation in some aspect of your life.