809 Umdloti Resort is a bright open plan top floor apartment right on the beach in the heart of Umdloti. The apartment is equipped with everything you need to prepare a gourmet meal while gazing out over the ocean. There are two fine dining restaurants, coffee shop, family bar restaurant, a farmhouse butchery, bottle store, pharmacy, hairdressing salon and other useful shops directly below.
Suitable for overnight business stops, romantic breaks and small family getaways.
The apartment main loft bedroom is an eagles nest with an amazing uninterrupted sea view. The position is perfect if you are a business traveller as you merely walk downstairs to the restaurants and shops after a dip in the ocean. The communal swimming pool and braai facilities are ideal for family entertainment. The kitchen area is built to entertain and no cost has been spared.
There are two swimming pools and braai areas for your full enjoyment.
Общение с гостями
I am available to meet you on arrival if you prefer. Alternatively Security are properly briefed and will hand the key over to you and show you where to park and where the apartment is.
You can contact me anytime (day or night) if you need anything and I am seldom very far away. If for any reason I am not immediately contactable it is likely a connection problem. Please rather call me if you can as first option and leave a message as second option.
Другие важные подробности
Bel Punto and Mundo Vida Restaurants downstairs are world class. The Bush Tavern is the local friendly hangout. Cafe Java provides great breakfasts and coffee. Please be aware that the apartment is in the hub of Umdloti so expect some noise from the restaurants downstairs.
From July to October the whales are constant visitors. Dolphins abound all year long. If you are a fisherman then Umdloti is the place. Great rock and surf angling and paddle ski fishing.
The monkeys in the area have unfortunately become accustomed to raiding homes due to some people feeding them. As such be vigilant with open windows and doors during the day.
- When you arrive the Security at the North entrance will check you in and show you where to park. That is if I do not meet you personally.
- The apartment kitchen is fully equipped with gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer combination and large fridge and freezer.
The apartment is prepared for your arrival and given a full deep clean on your departure. All cleaning during your stay is up to you. With stays of more than a week a second full set of linen will be provided. Should you wish to arrange for a maid to come in during your stay please let me know in advance so it can be arranged. The cleaning company that manages the apartment has staff in the building daily. As such I will be able to get a cost from them dependent on what level of service you require.
There are collapsing glass doors to open up the lower floor North balcony and the balcony off the main bedroom upstairs. Do not open these doors if there are strong winds as it is dangerous. Winds on the coast can get up in an instant and can be powerful enough to rip doors off and items off balconies. As such always be aware of the weather conditions changing.
- There is a resident troop of monkeys that patrol the area. Unfortunately due to people feeding them they have become accustomed to entering apartments in search of food. They are not dangerous and have not been known to attack people, however, it always remains possible. The only windows they can't access are the lower floor North side windows. If any other windows are left open unattended they WILL come in and leave with your groceries. EVEN the bottom bathroom window!
- There are two swimming pools and communal braai areas up behind the apartment building for your use. Being a holiday resort residents are used to holiday makers enjoying themselves. However, as with any neighborhood, one must respect some people retire earlier to bed than others.
- The downstairs floor is beautiful but rather fragile. As such please be careful when putting things down or dropping anything onto the floor.
The skylight windows at the back of the main bedroom allow wonderful air flow through the main bedroom from the balcony door and side window. Great to sleep with the door open to the crashing waves, however, there is an air conditioner in the main bedroom if you prefer.
У этого хозяина 4 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
As a kid growing up my parents had a beach cottage at Sheffield Beach on the KwaZulu-Natal North Coast. This was the glue that held our large family together for the many years to come. Endless days on the beach swimming, surfing, diving and fishing, the things memories are made from. Later I moved to Umdloti Beach, a wonderful small village with incredible beaches and gregarious lifestyle.
I am a keen paddle ski fisherman and Umdloti is a dream section of the ocean to paddle. Over the past year I have landed Queen and King Mackerel, Dorado, Yellow Fin Tuna and Sailfish on my ski directly in front of the apartment I host.
My business is hotel and game lodge development and management. I love people and travel, wildlife, the sea and the mountains, food, cooking and entertaining.