I'm a paid host for others all over which has made me a "Super Host" and expert, but this is my home you'd be sharing. I welcome one (only) non-smoking (only) guest to stay in true Santa Monica beach style in an immaculate, original Spanish cottage with ocean air, lots of light, and 1920's charm that echoes throughout. A hop from the beach, shopping, public transportation and more. Before booking please tell me about yourself.
Our little oasis in an extremely quiet, safe & friendly neighborhood (read specific details below under, "The Neighborhood").
• Plaster walls keep the cottage quiet & cool but there are also 3 air units and fans for hot days.
• Spacious Living Room • Formal Dining Room • Large, Fully-Stocked, Immaculate, Gourmet Kitchen
• Blackout curtains for deep sleep, an extremely comfortable queen mattress that's double waterproof and allergen-proof encased. Linens are washed on sterile after each guest and even the double encasements over the pillows are washed. (Go ahead, bring on the black light). Firm mattress with a pillow-top is dressed in luxury European linens and 1,000-count sheets.
Spacious, Immaculate Bathroom
• Original 1920's tile, sparkling bleached white grout, excellent water pressure, brand new water heater, large pan shower head, new faucet
Not much to write home about here, needs new landscaping and looks sad due to the drought.
• Front-loading, high-efficiency, French-speaking stacked machines. **Washer not currently working presently but there's a pay machine.
Easy, Free (Permit Provided), Safe Street Parking
• Parking is easy and free on the street (guest permit passes provided). Even on street sweeping days you can expect to find a spot only 2 (max usually) buildings away. (*Street parking is also much safer here than in Venice and other areas in LA. In 10 years, I've never had a break-in, nor heard of another having one)
Spacious Living Room
• Wifi • Local Maps • Iron/ironing board • Premium TV channels (Hulu and Netflix access) • Air conditioning keeps it a cool 70-73 throughout
Formal Dining Room
• Comfortable Mitchell Gold Chairs • Dining table can also be used as a workspace/desk
Full Gourmet Kitchen
* Fully Stocked Kitchen (water filter, gourmet teas, Starbucks coffee, spices, olive oil...) • Pod Coffee Machine and Gourmet Coffees Provided • A new sponge, dish soap, fresh dish towels • Paper Towels • Napkins • Delicious Tap Water & Britta Filter • Complimentary Bottled Water for the beach • Chantal Cookware • Spotless Stainless Steel Fridge with empty shelves ready for you • 4 empty cabinets in the kitchen • Everything Labeled for You (cabinets, etc., so you'll find it easily and don't have to search) • New Sink • New grout • New Faucet • New, Clean, Granite Counter Tops • Dishwasher (do you really want to do dishes on holiday?) • Oven & Range (only 2 burners functioning at the moment, apologies) • Some kitchen condiments in packets
• Empty Shelves and Drawers • Blackout Drapes/curtains • Ceiling Fan • Slippers • Bedside Bose iPod/ iPhone Docking Station • New, Comfortable Queen Mattress • Waterproof & Hypo-Allergenic, Encased Pillow-Top Mattress • Waterproof, Linens and Double-Encased, Hypo-Allergenic Down Pillows • Luxury, Hypo-Allergenic, Fresh European Linens • 1,000-count sheets
Extra Large Bathroom
Excellent Water Pressure • Shower & Bath • Plush, Fresh Towels • Original Santa Monica Spanish Tiles • Hair Dryer • Rainfall showerhead • Shower/Tub Combination • Luxury Soaps & Sundries • Brand New Water Heater (go ahead, shave) • Empty Shelves • Plenty of Countertop Space for Your Dobb's/Makeup Bag
• Front-Loading Dryer **washer not currently working
EASY, FREE, SAFE Street Parking
Permit provided. Unlike Venice Beach, there's always a spot available right in front or somewhere within 1/2 a block (max), away
Общение с гостями
I work long hours that often don't allow me to return home until noon or late afternoon, so depending on your hours you likely won't see much of me.
Please respect that I am not interested in booking outside of Airbnb, or breaking the rules. Thank you.
Like most hosts, I like to get to know a little bit about who is staying in my home before you book. Feel free to ask anything you'd like to know about me that makes you more comfortable.
Before booking I ask that you email me your full name, work title, city, and any info that might help me find you and confirm you're you before you book. *Airbnb blocks email, phone number and ALL URLs (even your own site's) in any communication you send, so write it phonetically or leave off the URL, " . " ending.
Другие важные подробности
What this cottage does NOT have:
• TV (but you'll have access to Netflix & Hulu Account)
Max stay is 5 days. 2-night minimum.
There is absolutely NO smoking on the property, not even outside in front - a Santa Monica rule enforced by neighbors. All i ask is that you please leave my home in the same condition that you found it. Please note that there is a security deposit of $1,000 to protect against any damages or breakages. This will be returned to you in full upon departure provided there is no damage, heavy cologne scent, smoking or breakage.
*I have those funny slippers to cover your shoes with inside, otherwise, please no shoes inside. Brand-new hotel slippers are provided for your use or you may wear your socks with caution, as the wood floors are polished.
*Please only eat/drink in the kitchen, dining room or outside.
I have valuable experience hosting for others in various citiies that's earned me, "Super Host" status. This work not only allowed me to earn income while very ill, but also pay off huge medical bills. It also taught me how to host like a pro, and also what's wanted in a guest.
I'm not your sit-in-a-cafe-all-day or go shopping kind of traveler. (I don't even own a TV). I like to see and do and discover everything until I can barely walk, then eat great cuisine and head out again. I'm a little OCD/ meticulous, and as a visual artist, I notice everything. Gardening, yoga, SUP, sailing, and hiking are my passions. In the summer I prefer to travel. Unlike most Angelinos I'm not afraid of public transit. Like most Europeans, I love living in a place where I can walk to everything. I grew up camping, so I'm well-suited for travel and flux and don't mind sleeping under the stars. I love any destination on the water, and my wish list for my next travel is New Zealand, Machu Picchu and Antarctica.
I believe in treating others better than they would've treated me, and not assuming anything. I've been very fluent (now rusty) in French, and speak some toddler-level Italian.