Ответ от Mohamed:
I am herewith providing factual responses to the allegations in this review, I also invite the Airbnb community to check myreview of Andrius's stay at our place for further details on the points raised here.
First of all, we have never sent any threats using any language that is not acceptable (as some of the language and writing style mentioned here in this review) otherwise Airbnb management could see all the communications between hosts and guests and will intervene whenever needed. We took a regular course of action in resolving a situation from asking politely to merely stating your rights and what actions you will take to resolve the issue which is what we did and even when we reached a point of conflict we accepted their point although we disagreed completely with it and took the issue through the proper Aribnb resolution channel which thankfully helped us achieve our objective.
You will notice that in our review we never use any foul language (e.g., SNEAKY ), CAPITALS or build arguments on wrong assumptions . We sent our review to Airbnb case manager to clear and she informed us we explain the situation in a very professional way. This would give the community a clear distinction on what kind of guests we had. I will now move to respond to the points made one by one:
1) Andrius is making an assumption that since he didn't find dirty bed sheets left in the laundry box then we lied to him and left the bed sheets we slept on for him and his family to check in on. We changed the bed sheets for him and his guests and took them with us as we didn't want to leave dirty bed sheets in the laundry box for our guests to clean as it is our responsibility as a host.
2) We actually concur completely with the fact that we changed the listing description during Andrius's stay nevertheless, it is the right of the host to change the description whenever needed. Most importantly to clarify, is that any change in the listing at a date after the reservation, will never affect the reservation and it will remain the same, hence, the allegations made by Andrius above that we changed it to try to fool them are empty and rather unsubstantiated . However we changed the listing after we found that our approach was wrong, when we decided to list our beloved apartment online we though to select our guests carefully and assess them before charging any extra fees (cleaning, guarantee, etc...) , we took that approach because we wanted to communicate to our guests that we trust them with something important to us and that we believe they will take care of it, we thought this is a better approach for the people we will select to stay in our apartment. Our terrible experience with Andrius and his family made us decide to charge a flat cleaning fee for all guests going forward. We also added details of our expectations in the listing for future guests to avoid facing a situation where we drained our time and energy trying to explain very simple concepts of leaving the apartment as clean as you like yours to be when you leave. we really don't see where is the "SNEAKY" part here ? however the logic and allegation style shows you what kind of guests we had....
3) We never sent any threats, we explained to them that we know our rights and we will take all necessary actions if needed. Which is what we did , we reported everything to Airbnb who assessed the situation and were sorry for us on the experience we had and most importantly on top of this we were paid out 200 CHF cleaning fee after sending them evidence on the state of cleanliness Andrius and his family left the apartment in
4) We were not expecting any guests after Andrius , and we had the expectation (albeit we needed to lower it with Andrius ) that our guests will not treat the apartment as a hotel and will leave it in the same status they received it. After we received a reservation we wanted to make sure they leave the apartment clean regardless of who will check in whether it is (us or another guest), we explained to them that the principle remains the same and that we are not trying to use them as our cleaning service provider (we literally said we are not expecting any major cleaning from you just leave it as you like your apartment to be if you rent it out for a short period). The allegations from Andrius in the review above are false and rather motivated by the fact that we refused to follow his advice and cancel the reservation of the next guest so he could extend his stay for one more week. In fact we hired a professional cleaner to clean the mess he and his family made (further elaboration below)
5) To respond to this point , we would like to state that we have submitted evidence to Airbnb on the case and the terrible state of cleanliness the apartment was at when the guests left the apartment , our professional cleaner's report and Airbnb paid us 200 CHF cleaning fee as a compensation.
This is our first hosting in Geneva and have learnt our lesson from this terrible experience with Andrius and his guests which drained our time , effort and spoiled our vacation.
This response is merely to refute the above misconceptions and false allegations made by our guests who I highly don't recommend for other hosts in the Geneva area