Well it is clear that Rachel is a first time AirBnB traveler, and with no clue about Gulf Shores and very unreal expectations. By the way - Rachel says she chose not to stay there - so her whole review is based on 5 minutes of knowledge, some sad feelings, not much for facts.
Please allow me to set the record straight for all of our readers and address each one of her points individually. This will be comical too. Enjoy the chuckles.
Rachel says this listing is misleading and nothing like the internet description. So, let’s look this over and for fun you can go back and read the descriptions and decide who is right and who is…well, bitter.
1. Beachview – is the NAME of the building. It was named "Beachview" before Rachel was born. Back then, you could not build on the beach side of the road, so Beachview was just that. You could see the beach from every room. Today those giant condos are blocking everyone’s view so there is less beach to view then before. No where in the listing will you find statements like "beautiful beach view" or stunning beach view in the morning." Now if that were the case, that would be misleading. Those are not in there.
Good thing the building was not named "Mermaid’s Palace" or Rachel would have asked for a refund because there weren’t any Mermaids there. Rachel – STRIKE ONE!
2. Bad Location – Beachview is located in the very epicenter of Gulf Shores. From the condo, you are a 2 minute walk from the public beach, from various bars and restaurants, from shopping, from water sports. In fact – every major event or festival put on in Gulf Shores, from Hangout Fest, to the Shrimp Festival happens outside the door to Beachview. This is the safest, most family-friendly, and eclectic part of Gulf Shores. Test me - Read about the Location in any other review. Rachel – STRIKE TWO!
3. No Host or Service Desk – Now I see why Rachel is so miffed. She didn’t understand the word Self Check-in (as accurately as it is mentioned in the AirBnB description). I think she was expecting maybe the Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, or (insert fancy hotel name here), with a marble floor lobby, reception desk, and concierge. Maybe even some Bellhops to carry her bags and bring her Mimosas. Nope, that is not in the description – it says SELF CHECK-IN. That means, park, unload your car, go up the elevator, and punch in the key code and like magic, you are in the room. Like about
10, 000 other condos in Gulf Shores for $200, $300, or $400 per night (but you paid just $96). Rachel – STRIKE THREE!
4. Pot and Cigarettes – Well this is odd – the ENTIRE building (the one named Beachview) is Non-Smoking and we have a No Tolerance policy for illegal substances. The week before Rachel arrived; we did a surprise quality control inspection on our cleaning company. The unit was spotless and we gave them an A rating. Also, we just painted and added new furnishings a month before Rachel arrived. Nothing in our condo smelled like smoke of any kind. Now if another unit had someone staying and they were breaking the rules, one call would have had the building manager out there to put an end to it….and even if he needed to call the cops on Cheech and Chong down the hall. If Rachel smelled that, wouldn’t we all agree a quick message to the host would have been in order – rather than trying to ruins someone’s business with bad reviews because you didn’t see any Mermaids? Rachel – STRIKE FOUR! (cause you’re special)
5. Super Sketchy – Go back to #2 and read. Who (besides Anna Kendrick) would say Super Sketchy anyway? Rachel – STRIKE….well never mind...we all get the point by now.
6. Reasonable Response Time – Super Host with 4.8 Overall and perfect response time score. I think "Rachel’s Reasonable" is a bit Unreasonable. What is funny is that, Rachel mentioned this in a private message and we responded to her "check your Texts". We responded via text right away as we also explained that we were travelling and without internet for a short while. But BOTH her questions (#1 is it OK to check in 1 hour late and #2 where is the lobby, office and desk) were answered in the Welcome Info we sent ahead of time. But for some reason, she ignored that fact and added that to a bad review even though she already knew the truth was to the contrary. That speaks volumes when you write "honest" reviews now doesn't it.
7. Worst Place to Stay for a Beach Vacation – nope, not Gulf Shores. Siberia - that could qualify as the worst place for a Beach Vacation. l would almost consider paying for a one-way ticket, Beach Vacation to Siberia for Rachel next year so she can re-evaluate Gulf Shores a bit.
Finally, thanks Rachel for all the 1 Stars – that brought us down from 4.8 to 4.7 Overall – it may even stay that way for another week. Oh, and about the refund you say we refused to give......the Listing description is not misleading at all - go read it - We didn't refuse, we just followed the policy you agreed to when you booked. But, I would even go the extra mile and give you back as many dollars as you stated you wanted to give me stars - we can call it even.