Nature's Edge is a beach lover's paradise. Backing onto the National Forest with sweeping coastal views - koalas, kangaroos and king parrots are regulars. The kids will love the inground trampoline, slide, swings and games room. With the surf beach a 5 minute walk away there is plenty of fun in the sun swimming, boogie boarding, beach walks and more. Nature's Edge is your ideal beach getaway to be shared with family and friends.
Nature’s Edge (formerly Forest Edge)
Sweeping coastal views, north facing sun, wildlife aplenty and the national forest at your doorstep – Nature’s Edge is a welcome escape from city life.
Comprising 5 bedrooms (sleeps 14) and two living zones, Nature’s Edge is an ideal getaway for 2 – 3 families and large groups. Nature’s Edge is frequently visited by furry friends such as Koala’s, kangaroo’s and king parrots and more.
For adults escape to the balcony to enjoy the expansive coastal views whilst spotting dolphins and whales. Inside, retreat to the warmth of the woodfired heater. Enjoy rambling through the property; eating the spoils from the fruit trees. As the sun begins to set, crank up the barbeque or wood fired pizza oven and settle into a glass of wine around the outdoor fire pit whilst looking out to sea listening to the sounds of crashing waves.
Nature’s edge is a gem of a property and needs to be shared with family, friends, colleagues and groups.
An easy five minute walk to the beach for some serious surf and rock pools to explore. A 20 minute drive to Apollo Bay or Lorne for retail therapy or venture into the Otway Ranges and explore Forest; its mountain bike trails, iconic Brewery and shops. Nature’s Edge’s offers an abundance of choice.
What to do around Kennett River?
• Surf beach
• Rock pools
• Kennett to Wye River beach walk – 1.5hrs one way all year around
• Koala spotting – Grey River Road – just behind Nature’s Edge
• Glow Worms – Grey River Road
• Koala Kafe – local laid back café
• Tennis Court – public
• 15 minutes drive to Apollo Bay – lighthouse, fishing tours, golf
• 20 minutes drive to Lorne – retail therapy, cafes, golf
• Forest Brewery – 30 minute drive into the hills
• Lake Elizabeth – 40 minute drive into the hills
• Trail Bike Riding Trails – Forrest
Nature's Edge ideally suits:
• Families – 2 or more
• Groups of friends
• Book groups
• Tour Groups
We have recently purchased this property and would like to continue offering patrons of formerly, Forest Edge, the same wonderful and unique bush/coastal experience. We hope you continue to visit . For newbies, this property has had 32 reviews with an average 4.5 star rating on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN); you will not be disappointed. We fell in love with this place and we hope you do too.
Owners: Laurence and Damien Hennessy
1 Gibson Ave, Kennett River VIC 3234
Общение с гостями
As hosts we aim to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We do not live local however have provided detailed instructions and contact numbers should you need to access these. We can be contacted by mobile if necessary (emergency only).
Другие важные подробности
Electricity is the only power source in Kennett. Rain water is stored in 3 large water tanks on site. Telstra is the internet provider of choice for decent reception.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Payment of your deposit or your instant booking constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. A strict cancellation policy applies to this property. 50% refund of tariff until 1 week prior to your stay.
3. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a reasonable standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
4. Number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the confirmation notice or subsequently agreed to with prior arrangement. Loss of bond will apply for excess guests not agreed to with the owners in advance.
5. Parties/functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your security bond and/or additional payments.
6. Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay. The owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
7. Departure and arrival - the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 10am by the latest, to allow time to prepare property for the next guests. Arrival time - 3pm
8 Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, parking across driveways and littering, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of security bond.
9. A claim against your security bond is made within 7 days of your stay. The security bond is to cover additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared and anything that occurs contrary to these terms and conditions.
10. Rental does not include linen. Linen can be supplied at an additional cost of $15 per person- this includes bed sheets, bath towels and bath mat . The charge includes the supply of linen at the foot of each bed for guests to lay themselves and the cleaning of the linen. Wherever possible, it is encouraged that guests bring their own as linen to reduce rental costs and conserve water.
When supplying your own linen - include top and bottom sheets (including if using a sleeping bag), pillow slip, towels and bath mat.
11. Water conservation - Kennett River operates with the use of rainwater tanks. Please respect this and be water wise in the use of showers and when cleaning. The water is drinkable however, during the dryer/warmer months from Jan to April - it is encouraged to BYO drinking water or boil the water and refrigerate.
12. Use of play equipment is at your own risk. The property includes play equipment that involves climbing, swinging and jumping. This may increase the risk of injury if children are left unsupervised by an adult. Children playing on this equipment must be supervised at all times.
13. The outside fire pit is available for your enjoyment. At no time must the fire be left unattended and it must be extinguished before leaving the site. Kennett River is in an extreme fire hazard region and in the summer season (December to February inclusive) under NO circumstances is the fire pit allowed to be used. This will contravene local and state laws.
14. With permission from the owners are pets allowed. Extra charges will apply.
15. Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangement with the owner by email .
Hi, I'm Laurence and married to Damien. We have two children aged 18 and 21 years and can't wait to share this holiday home with you. HIstorically Kennett holds a place in our hearts - when you visit you will understand - the tranquility, the surf, the relaxed pace and the endless choices available in this region- makes this place rather special. After living in the city and living a hectic lifestyle with work, sport and raising children - we are now keen to spend more time here. We hope you love this place as much as we do.