Walk to the lifts from this killer condo, then take Ski Back Trail right to your back door. The property features two luxurious bedrooms (NO ITCHY, UGLY PLAID!) plus a loft with double bunk beds, 2.5 baths, a super-stocked kitchen, a private deck and every last thing you need to be comfy. Onsite you'll find 2 hot tubs, a rec room with a pool table and video games, plus seasonal pool, tennis, horseshoe pits and basketball court. Walk to Canyon Lodge and The Village. What more could you want? :)
***NEWLY RELISTED*** SEE PHOTOS FOR PRIOR 5-STAR REVIEWS***
If you love knotty pine furniture, Thomas Kinkade prints and fishing poles as decor, THIS IS NOT THE CONDO FOR YOU.
[If you're a guy, you may not be interested in the next few paragraphs so here are the CliffsNotes: Walk to the slopes, ski to your back door. Free Wi-Fi. Three flat screen TVs. Less than a mile to an awesome brewery. We good?]
On the other hand, if you enjoy real linen bedding, fluffy faux-fur pillows, matching utensils and chic dinnerware, welcome to our home away from home. It's the sort of place where you'll find extremely comfortable beds and coffee cups that hold more than four ounces; where you will NOT find turquoise carpeting, moose motifs or even a single square inch of plaid. Fine, there are vaulted wood ceilings in several rooms and two gorgeous walls of wood. But in our defense, those CAME with the place.
This is our home when we are in Mammoth, and we've filled it with all of the things we love: Beds that are comfy and well-appointed. Interesting decor. A fully stocked, upgraded kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Three flat screen TVs. (Some of us love these more than others.) Gleaming hardwood floors in the common areas and cushy carpet in the bedrooms. We've added thoughtful touches throughout, like a stocked picnic backpack, spices and other cooking staples and a fun supply of games and movies. If you're like us, you'll never want to leave. (But please do or else things will get super awkward.)
You can see from the map that our complex location is ideal in relation to the slopes. What you might not be able to see is that our location WITHIN the complex is second to none. Our view from the living room and back deck is nothing but the beautiful Ski Back Trail. The hot tubs are steps from our front door, and the pool and tennis courts are practically spitting-distance away (although management frowns on actually verifying this). Mammoth Lakes Village - a shopping, eating and drinking mecca and pretty much where it all happens - is a brisk 15 minute walk or three minute drive. Note: It's pretty much downhill all the way TO the Village. You do the math.
In addition to three flat screen TVs (one with cable; all three with DVD players) and free Wi-Fi (woohoo!), you will have access to one covered garage parking place. There is additional parking around the complex on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may NOT bring your dog, cat, fish, bird, goat, boat, trailer or RV. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The layout: Downstairs you'll find our stocked kitchen, stylish living and dining room, the master bedroom (Cal king bed) with a full bath, another half bath for communal use and a patio. Upstairs features a loft with cozy double bunk beds, a second bedroom with a comfy queen bed, and a well thought out shared bath (sinks in one area, tub and toilet in another). The unit comes with generous ski lockers on the main level to stow your gear, so no schlepping it all upstairs! You may not appreciate this now sitting behind your computer, but you will after a day on the slopes. Trust us.
Disclaimer: Our unit sits on the top two floors of a four story building. The good news is that means there's nobody clomping above you and you get to enjoy twenty-five foot ceilings. The other good news is that you get a nice warm-up hoofing up the steps to our unit. (Think of the calories!) We're guessing you're not coming to Mammoth to sit on your rump and pop bonbons, but if a few stairs are a turn-off, now you know.
No pets, no smoking, no raging parties.
THE FINE PRINT:
Payment in full (includes rental, cleaning fee, taxes and any applicable fees) is due at the time of booking. We mentioned no pets, right? Well-behaved children are welcome. Also no pets.
Business Tax Certificate: 7912
You'll have the entire place to yourselves! Please note the bit about the stairs... we'd hate for you to have to leave Grandma in the car. :(
Общение с гостями
We are never more than a text or phone call away. If you have any needs we can't address remotely, we also have a management company that offers 24/7 backup in Mammoth.
Другие важные подробности
In the kitchen you'll find a guest binder packed with useful information about our condo specifically as well as the area in general. Feel free to add your own favorites before you leave... we're all about sharing the love. :)
Also! Please see pix for 5-star reviews! We were formerly with a management company and our reviews got wiped out when we went out on our own...
No smoking. No pets. No parties. Be courteous. By booking with us, you automatically agree to the following terms:
1) PAYMENT DUE: All rental monies are due according to the payment schedule disclosed under "Payment Policy" on reservation acceptance.
2) CANCELLATION: Renters who cancel a reservation 30 DAYS or LESS before check-in will forfeit the total rental. The total rental includes all charges on the paid-in-full invoice. Renter may mitigate this loss by purchasing Travel Insurance from a third party provider. CANCELLATION 31 DAYS or MORE before check-in, Renters will receive a REFUND of the amounts paid less any travel insurance fee and minus a credit card processing fee of 3.5%. EARLY DEPARTURE: There are NO REFUNDS for EARLY DEPARTURE.
3) SNOW AND WEATHER CONDITIONS: There are NO REFUNDS for weather conditions; this is a risk the Renter assumes. Renter may obtain optional travel insurance through a third party Renter. Chains or snow tires may be necessary to reach the property. Check the weather before coming to a high elevation.
4) CONDITION OF PROPERTY: Owners have, to the best of their ability, given an accurate description of the property and its condition. Guest understands that it is considered as reserved "sight unseen". Our cleaning staff will have cleaned it before your occupancy. All electrical, plumbing and appliances should be in working order. The failures of operation of certain extra amenities, such as large screen TVs, cable, games, or the Internet and WiFi service are not a basis for any refund. Owner will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during Guest’s occupancy. When you arrive, if you find that the house has not been cleaned to normal standards please notify the Homeowner immediately. We will do our best to have tradesmen attend to the problems but may not be able to fix everything over holidays and weekends. Under no circumstances will any of the rental money be refunded or returned because of the condition of the house. The Guest agrees to hold the Owner harmless from any liability for the condition of the house.
5) CLEANING & REPAIRS: All homes have cleaning included in the total rent. If additional cleaning is required after you leave, it will be charged to your credit card or taken out of your deposit. Guest agrees to keep house, furniture and furnishings in good order, to keep walks, patios swept and clean and free of debris. Removing, adding or changing furniture without Owner’s written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Rental Agreement, and is strictly prohibited. Guest is responsible for cost of replacement of any damage to furniture or premises and replacement of missing items. Pets are not allowed under any circumstance and if they are found to be in the condo the renter will be asked to leave and rent forfeited. If there are complaints by the Management to the Owner, Owner reserves the right to ask the renter to leave and forfeit the remainder of their rental term.
6) ENTRY OF PREMISES: With Guest’s permission, which is hereby given, Owner or Owner’s representative may enter the premises during reasonable daylight hours without securing prior permission from Guest, but shall give Guest notice of such entry immediately prior if possible and immediately thereafter. For inventory and maintenance purposes a property management employee of the Owner may need to enter the premises. The same permission procedure applies as above. In any emergency, Owner or Owner’s servicing agents may enter the premises at any time without permission of Guest for the purposes of making repairs to alleviate such emergency. If Guest abandons or vacates premises, Owner may, at his option, terminate this agreement, re-enter the premises and remove all Guest's property.
7) ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE: Renters will be completely responsible for any and all damage to the home or property caused by Renters, whether accidental or due to Renter’s negligence. If there is a spill on the carpet, for example, and renter is unable to remove it, the Homeowner shall be notified immediately and arrangements made for a service to clean the spill.
8) USE OF EXTRAS: We are happy to provide sleds for your enjoyment. They are located TKTK. The sum of $25 (per sled) will be deducted from your deposit for sleds not returned.
9) ASSUMPTION OF RISK: Renters will hold the Owners harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred on the property arising out of Renters' negligent acts or omissions. See disclaimer below.
10) CHILD PROOFING: Guest understands that no special efforts have been made to “childproof” this house, and accept the risk of harm to any children we allow on the property.
11) FURNITURE: All furniture must be returned to its original location on Guest's departure or an additional charge will be incurred.
12) MISSING ITEMS: Renters will be charged for any missing items reasonably attributable to Renters and not returned after notification. The cleaning service performs an inventory/survey of the property after Guests depart and notifies the Owner of any missing items. Owner will notify guests in the event that items were inadvertently taken, and provide guests the opportunity to return the missing items before being charged.
13) PERSONAL PROPERTY: Guest understands that any personal property of and used by Guest is not insured by Owner and Owner shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing property of the Guest or property of Guest left after check out.
14) SKI LOCKERS/KEYS: Ski lockers are located on the first floor for your convenience. Keys to the lockers can be found on the key rack in the kitchen. There is a $50 fee for locker keys not returned.
15) MOUNTAIN CONDITIONS: Guest understands that Owner has no control over the condition of the Mountain and cannot be held liable for any changes to conditions or any closing as ordered by MMSA.
16) NO PARTIES: This is not a party house. The Renter must be 21 years of age to book this Vacation Rental. Any special occasions such as weddings, receptions, family reunions or increase of occupants (guests not registered on registration form) must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and is subject to Owner's advanced approval. Prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time. Adults cannot rent property on behalf of underage guests, no exception.
17) NON-SMOKING: This is a NON SMOKING vacation rental. Evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke inside the home by the cleaning crew is sufficient basis to charge the renter for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, AC ducts, filters and furniture. This type of cleanup is expensive and Renter is liable for the any cleaning costs incurred. Also no cigarette butts are to be discarded outside on the Mammoth Ski & Racquet TK grounds.
18) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Eight (8).
19) PETS: Pets are not permitted under any circumstances.
20) HEATING: The living room fireplace heats the common areas and loft wonderfully; each bedroom has its own floor heater. Please refer to the owner’s manual in the kitchen for operation instructions, and always turn off any heat source before leaving the property.
21) PARKING: Our unit comes with one garage spot (marked 90 in the J building). Additional parking can be found around the property and requires a parking pass from the on-site management office. (Two cars max per rental.) Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
22) SUBLETTING: Guest is not authorized to let or sublet all or any part of the premises nor assign the lease or any interest in it without the prior written consent of the Owner.
23) CHECK-IN & CHECKOUT: Check-in is at 4:00 PM and checkout is 11:00 AM. A late checkout is subject to extra rental charges at the rate of $100/hour after a grace period of 30 minutes. Guests may arrange for extra nights in advance to avoid any late checkout fees. Extra nights are charged at the daily rate and may be granted if available. If Guests are not present when cleaning crews arrive and have left their possessions in the house, cleaning crews will collect their possessions and remove them from the premises in order to prepare the unit for incoming guests and Guest will be charged $150 for this service. PLEASE checkout promptly as the cleaning crews have a very short time window to prepare the unit for new guests.
24) CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: Before leaving, we ask that you strip the beds, place all soiled linens and towels in the tubs, and load and run the dishwasher. In addition we ask that the home is left locked with all windows shut and all heat sources turned off.
25) PERSONAL BELONGINGS: Please go through the condo before you check out to make sure you have all your belongings. We will do our best to return anything you leave behind, although additional charges may apply.
26) RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES: It is specifically agreed and understood that the relationship between the parties herein shall be deemed to be of proprietor and lodger or Guest as opposed to a relationship of landlord/tenant. Guest specifically waives and make inapplicable to this lodging the provisions of California law.
I write funny books for kids and adults and my husband puts on sporting events. Our teenage daughters play volleyball, sing and remind us how impossibly uncool we are. We love hiking, skiing, traveling and Carpool Karaoke. Mammoth is our "happy place." We're positive you'll agree (or else there may be something wrong with you, no offense).