Beautiful beach-front condo, 1200+ sq. feet, 2 bedroom and 2 baths. Newer building (built in 2004). Direct Gulf Front with stunning panoramic view. Walk to Beach, Restaurants, and Shopping. Non-smokers rejoice -- this property is completely smoke-free, inside and out, including the pool, balconies, and all common area. Sleeps 6.
Your oceanfront smoke-free paradise vacation awaits you. Sip your morning coffee on the huge balcony overlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico with the saltwater breeze kissing your skin and the ocean waves massaging your every sense. Enjoy your day at the heated, smoke-free pool or take the private path to the sun-drenched beach -- lounging, walking, fishing, swimming, playing in the pristine sand and surf, or floating on a raft as the waves gently rock away all your stress. Rent a canoe, kayak, or paddle board from the local rental shop. Just down the road from the heavily built-up Clearwater Beach, Indian Rocks Beach (IRB) is one of the few beach communities that retains it's original beach character and laid-back lifestyle. IRB is a favorite destination amongst Floridians and is an annual destination for national and international visitors.
When hunger hits, IRB beckons you with some of the best restaurants on the beach just a short walk away.
If you want to adventure a bit further --take a short 1.4 mile ride to enjoy a day of fun for all ages at Splash Harbour Water Park. Head up the coast just 5.8 miles to world-famous Clearwater Beach or down the coast 15 miles to St. Pete Beach. See "Getting Around" for information on the Suncoast Trolley which goes all the way from St. Pete to Clearwater.
Travel rIght and travel light -- you have your own washer and dryer in the unit.
This and so much more awaits you . . .
You won't need a car for this vacation. Besides being directly on the beach, you will be walking distance to everything you need. If you walk out of the condo and turn left, it is a 3- block walk to a wonderful French café and another breakfast and lunch place, and also the best Thai restaurant in the area for lunch and dinner. All three have outdoor seating. If you walk out the front and turn right, it is about a 3-block walk to one of the best restaurants in the area, Guppies on the Beach. Just past that is a small convenience store and food market for all of your basic shopping needs. For more heavy duty shopping needs, there is a Publix grocery store 1.7 miles away, but you would need to drive to that because it is across the causeway.
Plus you can hop aboard the Suncoast Beach Trolley with many stops in Indian Rocks Beach, including a stop at 21st Avenue, one block from your vacation paradise. Use the trolley to tour the Gulf Beaches stretching from Clearwater Beach south to Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Redington Shores, North Redington Beach, Redington Beach, Madeira Beach, St. Pete Beach and Pass-a-Grille. Focus on the shores and attractions near one stop or several--you'll find them easily accessible. Or, travel the entire route to get a truly comprehensive view of the coastal communities and sample their many offerings. Locals take the trolley too and they'll likely recommend some of their favorite shopping and dining spots that you may not otherwise find.
Up to three children five years old or younger ride for free with an adult, and affordable full-day unlimited ride passes are available. With trolleys arriving every 20 to 30 minutes between approximately 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. (midnight on Fridays and Saturdays), it's easy to cover the whole coastline in a full day of fun.
Clearwater Beach and Sand Key to the North:
The north end of the Suncoast Trolley route begins at the white sandy beaches near Pier 60 in Clearwater Beach. By day the soft white sand is the perfect spot to play volleyball and build sandcastles. You can also dine directly on the beach at Frenchy's Rockaway Grill, a Clearwater Beach tradition (you must try the grouper sandwich!) and daredevils have their pick of parasailing and WaveRunner rentals to play above or in the blue waters.
Two hours before sunset, the park at Pier 60 comes to life with street performers, artists and musicians for the free nightly sunset celebration. Just before the sun dips into the Gulf of Mexico, pay one dollar to walk out to the very end of the 1,250-foot long pier for a picture-perfect sunset.
The trolley also stops near Clearwater Marine Aquarium, home of Winter and Hope, the Dolphins of "Dolphin Tale" movie fame. The research aquarium has an ever-changing guest list of otters, turtles, dolphins and stingrays that they rescue and rehabilitate. Aquarium staff also manages the sea turtle nests at nearby Sand Key State Park, a 95-acre park and beach that overlooks Clearwater Pass.
On the eastern side of Sand Key, the Clearwater Community Sailing Center offers instruction programs as well as kayak and catamaran rentals.
A bit farther south on the trolley route is Madeira Beach's popular John's Pass Village and Boardwalk, featuring more than 130 shops, restaurants and attractions. Families will find water activities for all ages, from WaveRunner rentals and parasailing lessons for older kids to the dolphin sightseeing cruises on The Pirate Ship at John's Pass.
St. Pete Beach & Pass-a-Grille to the South:
The four miles of white, sandy beaches aren't the only reason to ring the trolley bell in St. Pete Beach, voted TripAdvisor's No. 1 Beach in America for 2012. Historic Corey Avenue is the place to get your shopping fix. You'll find art galleries, restaurants, gift stores and swimwear outlets and the historic Beach Theatre.
Almost every week there is some sort of craft or art fair or parade happening along Corey Avenue, including winter wine tastings and gallery walks, sidewalk sales and the popular juried art show held every February.
A "must see" at the southern end of St. Pete Beach is the Loews Don CeSar Hotel. The opulent pink palace, as the building is known to locals, opened in 1928 after being built for $1.25 million. The eight-story building didn't fare well during the Great Depression and eventually became a military hospital and then was vacated for many years before reopening in 1973.
At the southern end of the trolley line is the beach town of Pass-a-Grille, which is a National Historic District. The town is rumored to have earned its name from Cuban fishermen who camped along the water smoking their fish on grills. Traveling by the pass, fishermen could see the fires and took to calling the spot Pass-a-Grille.
In Pass-a-Grille's Gulf Beaches Historical Museum, you can explore the county's barrier islands' past. The museum itself is a piece of history. It was the first church constructed on one of the barrier islands. Exhibits display artifacts from the 16th century to present day.
Finally, don't forget to check out the quaint shops and restaurants along Eighth Avenue, the town's main shopping district before making a return trip north on the trolley.
Note: We also own the adjoining condo (Oceanway 202) as well as Oceanway 306 one floor up, so if you have a larger group (op to 18 people), you can call stay in the same place by renting multiple units.
Welcome! We are thrilled that you have chosen our condo to rent for your vacation.
The most important rule to know is that this is a completely smoke-free property, inside and outside. To book this property you must certify that you are non-smokers and that the responsible party is over age 25.
We take pride in ensuring that your vacation home is ready for your arrival to give you the most pleasant and relaxing visit. If there is anything we can do to ensure your vacation is even more spectacular than you hoped, please let us know. We want to ensure your vacation is everything you envisioned and more so you will come back year after year and become part of our growing family.
By agreeing to this transaction you and all of your party and visitors are also agreeing to abide by the following contract:
1) First and most importantly, you agree that you will have a FUN and RELAXING time during your stay!
2) Number of occupants must not exceed the rental contract, and absolutely no more than 6 occupants are allowed. There will be an additional charge of $100.00 per person for any overnight occupants or visitors beyond 6 occupants, and the Renter will also be liable for any charges/fines made to Owner by Condo Association for over-occupancy charges.
3) Check in is at 4pm or later / Check out is by 10am. No exceptions as the property must be cleaned and prepared for the next Renter to check in.
4) Any damage or loss to building, furniture, fixtures, or appliances will be based on the walk through by our housekeeper after you check out and deducted from you security deposit.
5) Used linens are to be stripped from beds prior to checkout.
6) Responsible adult over age of 25 years renting property must be present during entire visit.
7) Absolutely no smoking inside or outside the unit, including the balcony and pool area, as this is a smoke-free building. Second-hand smoke and smoke residue on clothing will contaminate the unit. By signing this contract, you are stating that no one in your party smokes and you will not allow any visitor to smoke in the unit or outside of the unit anywhere on the premises of Oceanway Condo. You will forfeit your entire deposit if evidence of smoke odor or residue is found once you check out.
8) No boats or trailers are to be parked at our rental property, unless included as a separate addendum. Any fines from the condo association as a result of this broken rule will be charged to the deposit.
9) All visitors and renters must abide by the rules and regulations of the Condominium Association as are posted on the refrigerator in the unit.
10) Do not move the furniture.
11) Do not do your laundry with ours; please wash and dry your belongings separate from our towels and linens.
12) Remove all garbage to outside dumpster during your stay and before you checkout. To find the dumpster, please go out the front door, turn left, go down the stairs, and the dumpster is behind the chain link gated enclosure.
13) Before you checkout, please load and run dishwasher.
14) When you checkout, please keep beds intact that have not been slept in.
15) When you checkout, please turn off lights, turn thermostat to 60 degrees in winter and 78 degrees in summer months.
16) When you checkout, please return key to the lockbox. If the key is missing, the cost of a locksmith will be deducted from your deposit. There is a charge for each lost key of $ 50.00.
17) When you checkout, close and lock all outside doors and windows and shades.
18) No Pets are allowed.
19) Liability / Damage Responsibility:
Renters will be financially responsible for any damages to any property belonging to the Owner or any other person from fire, water, or casualty caused by the Renter's negligence.
20) Renter agrees to hold Owner harmless from all claims of loss or damages to the property, and on injury or death to persons caused by the intentional acts or negligence of the Renters, this applies to Renter's guests or invitees or anyone else on the premises with the Renter's consent. Payment for repairs will be due within 7 days of the incident.
21) Except as provided by Florida law: Owner shall not be liable for personal injury or damages or loss of Tenants personal property from theft, vandalism, fire, or any other causes whatsoever. Renters expressly absolve Owner from any and all water damage caused by pipes, or storms.
22) In no event will Owner be responsible for any compensation due to annoyance, or inconvenience for loss of use due to a casualty which occurs on the premises. This also applies to any damages to any vehicles, boats or other equipment Renters might have brought with them.
23) The Renter shall notify Owner through the rental App in the event that they become aware that the condition of the Unit requires any repairs, and Owner shall make all reasonable efforts to have such repairs made as quickly as possible, but Owner cannot guarantee how quickly such repairs will be made.
24) The Renter shall notify the property manager if any part of the Property outside of the Unit is needs to be repaired. The phone numbers of the property managers are located on a sign on the ground level to the right of the elevator. The Owner shall have no personal liability with respect to the violation of any laws, ordinances, orders. or other requirements affecting the Property. To the full extent permitted by law, the Renter understands that they are renting at their own risk. The Owner will not be held liable for any negligent acts committed by others and will be held harmless from any and all loss, damage or expense, including litigation costs and attorney’s fees arising from any liability or claim. Owner assumes no liability whatsoever for any acts of omission or any liability for any failure of others to perform. Owner assumes no liability for previously unknown violations of environmental or other regulations which may become known during the period this Agreement is in effect.