Please read ENTIRE listing before booking!
Arrowhead Stadium, Kaufman Stadium, Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, Crown Center, Rivermarket, Longview Lake, Waldo, Westport, Bartle Hall, indoor race track, several restaurants and bars, a park and walking trail directly behind house (.5 mile walk all the way around), gas station, pharmacy, dollar store, 470 hwy, 291 hwy, 71 hwy, 435 hwy and about 40 minutes from MCI Kansas City International Airport.
The basement is the biggest part of the house. It could use some paint and newer ceiling tile but it's large enough to host 4 guests economically. There is also a half bathroom for shared space guests. To shower, you must go upstairs.
Access to the common spaces (living room, workout room, outside balcony, shared bathrooms upstairs and downstairs). The shower is located in the shared bathroom upstairs. The entire kitchen and laundry machines are off limits for all. If you didn't read the listing and use them without my permission will strictly result in a $50 fee through AirBnb. Read the house rules and neighborhood description for other laundry and dining options.
Общение с гостями
Any arrival after 8pm will strictly be charged a one time $25 fee. Any arrival after 10pm will strictly be charged a one time $50 fee. So don't be late. I will also be verifying your ID at the door. If you do not have it or your ID does not look like you, you will be turned away and also no refund will be given for your stay.
When you arrive, I will give you a tour of the home. When you leave, please contact me and give me the key or I will instruct you where to place the key. Other than this, you may see me around the house or I will respond within an hour through the AirBnb application. Failure to follow through with these rules will strictly result in a $50 fee through AirBnb.
I'm generally working in my room. You will see me around cleaning randomly. I'm not here to entertain but I've been known to have a beer with my guest.
Другие важные подробности
Currently: the upstairs bathroom is subject to remodeling sometime early October. Which means, the bathroom will be unavailable at this time. There are 2 other bathrooms, one downstairs and one in my room (which has a shower you can use). If this is a concern for you, ask me if the bathroom is going to be remodeled during your stay and I'll have an answer for you.
If you leave your reservation early, you will not get a refund for the days you do not use. Transferring your stay for someone else to have is also restricted.
The home was built in 1975, so there are squeaky floors on the floor level of the home so if you're a light sleeper, please bring ear plugs and if you're up late, upstairs, don't be walking around on the squeaky floors waking guests The doorbell is unhooked as I find them annoying, so knock :) This home is in need of some make up (paint, trim, etc). I do not plan on painting anytime soon - I have other priorities I am saving up for when it comes to this home. Also, there is not a TV but I do own books in the living room that guests have picked up and enjoyed.
If you fail to read the entire listing, including rules that is your own fault. I have yet to charge anyone a fee who has read the rules.
- If you accept this reservation, you agree that you've read and agree to the accuracy of the listing, will follow rules and accept addiction fees if damages are found or a breach of any rule with a fine attached below as well as rules and guidelines in the entire listing. If you are new, I will be asking you several questions, be polite and answer honestly. If you are new, send a picture of your ID through the platform to get verified, I do not accept non-verified guests.
- Strict cancellation policy! No transfers! No transferring your reservation to another person under any circumstances. They will be asked to leave, you will get a 1-star review and you will be charged $100. If you are booking for somebody else, you must inform me about this when initiating a reservation, send me a picture ID of the person staying (I will also require a copy of their ID at the door) and you will be 100% responsible for any damages, incidents, breaking of rules or fees that occur. If the guests ID doesn't match the full name you give me then they must start their own account, send a copy of their ID to Airbnb to get verified, and request a reservation. All guests may be subject to ID check upon check in and a copy will be made.
- Once your reservation is made you will only have 48 hours to request to shorten it. During the first 48 hours you may change it as you wish, with the exception of a required three days reservation. Your three days will not be refunded.
- No long term discounts. You're already getting a great deal.
- No pets.
- No parties. I do not mind if you drink in the home, just act like an adult. If you smoke, smoke outside. If caught smoking inside you will be charged $200 and your entire reservation will be canceled. Try your best not to come inside and smell like smoke so I don't have to initiative a bad experience for us both.
- No one under 21. Not even extra guests. If you or your travel partner don't look 21, you will be requested to provide a valid ID. If you've reserved the reservation and are under age you will be turned away and not get a refund. No exceptions.
- Do not invite extra guests unless they are paid for through the website. If extra guests are found on site without consent or authorized payment you will be charged $100 per extra person(s) and possibly have your entire reservation canceled. I need to be able to trust my guests for the safety of my family, other guests, neighbors and property.
- You will have a key to unlock and lock the front and back door. These doors do not lock themselves. MOST IMPORTANT RULE: MAKE SURE THE FRONT AND BACK DOORS ARE ALWAYS LOCKED. DO NOT ANSWER THE DOOR FOR ANYBODY! EVEN IF IT'S A PREVIOUS GUEST YOU MAY HAVE MET OR SEEN. Everyone that belongs here has a key and can get in themselves. If this rule is broken you will be responsible for whatever damages occur. I don't ever want to have to fine someone for doing this. It would likely go to court for a breach of contract and cost all parties involved more money than it's worth.
- Do not open any windows in the home. They are in need of an update and can cause splinters if attempted to open, they are old. Also they are near impossible to shut and you could be wasting energy when having them open (AC electricity or gas from heat). If a window if found unlocked upon check out there will be a $50 fee. If I see the window upon from the outside I will enter your room to shut it and there will be a $50 fee. Trust me I don't want to do this, it's an invasion of your privacy but I will do what I need to do to protect my home for my family and other guests.
- Be mindful, no one likes bodily odors, please stay clean and take a shower (I will offer soap if you need it and as many towels as you need).
- This is the rule people break the most and I've decided to fine any guest who breaks this rule because it rots my bathroom floor. KEEP SHOWER CURTAIN INSIDE THE TUB/SHOWER, CLOSED ON EACH SIDE TO PREVENT WATER DAMAGE ON FLOOR. WIPE UP WATER ON FLOOR or you will BE FINED $100. This sounds ridiculous but it's really simple to prevent. I cannot replace my bathroom floor every 3 months. Trust me when I say I know who's here, when the shower is being ran and will know who was responsible for a wet/damp floor. The bathroom is checked a dozen times daily to make sure it's clean, sanitized and restocked with anything needed.
- If you need laundry done, show me what you want washed. I do not overload my laundry so the size and number of loads will be determined by me at the time of request. $10 a load and that is only if I am free to do your laundry. Otherwise there is a laundry mat on Bannister Rd less than 2 miles from here.
- Do not adjust house thermostat. If it does get too hot or cold, please communicate this with me and I will adjust the temperature in your area.
- Please be energy efficient by keeping lights to a minimum and turning them off when you're not in the room, especially before leaving the house. If a light is burned out, let me know and I will replace.
- Clean up after yourself in common areas such as bathrooms, living room (no sleeping on the couch), entry, driveway and back deck. Wipe water, dirt, mud and snow off at the door leave your shoes at the door or put them in a sack to keep in your room. Let me know about them right away so I can get it cleaned up before it sets/stains. If I find them and wasn't informed we will have a big problem and you will be charged for the cleanup (I will start by hiring a professional carpet or mattress cleaner to come out and clean. If that doesn't work I will have the carpet replaced and you will be responsible for each bill and payment).
- We don't really have a set quiet time since guests come here for mostly work and some work nights but we will ask that you respect others' solitude while you're here. Do no walk around upstairs waking guests up in the basement. I do not monitor sound levels unless it's ridiculously loud so if you're a light sleeper, BRING EAR PLUGS. DO NOT SLAM DOORS!
- If someone is using the hallway bathroom, go use the restroom downstairs. Same with downstairs, if someone is using the bathroom, go upstairs.
- I don't care how long of showers you take but if it's in the morning or you notice it may be during another guest's daily schedule, please be considerate and make it fast.
- If you have long hair, do not let it clog the showers and dispose of it in the nearest trash. WHEN DONE TAKING A SHOWER GATHER HAIR OUT AND PUT IN TRASH.
- There will be a $150 charge if you lose the house and bedroom keys because it will force me to have someone come out to re-key the whole house (front and back door, and your room) and it's expensive.
- Parking in the drive way is for private room guests only, unless those rooms are not being booked. Do not block another vehicle in unless I give permission. Do not block neighbors driveways or mailboxes.
- Do not leave trash laying around in your living space/room. If I notice your room is unkempt or starts to smell, you will be asked to leave immediately.
- Sometimes I play music from my room which can get pretty loud. I suggest ear buds, ear plugs or go take a walk in the park. My soul requires loud music (but never at night to wake up others).
- If you ever have any questions message me through the AirBnb application or website. If you have any concerns about your stay come chat with me before we leave reviews for one another. I always address my guests if they aren't following the rules. If you need extra toilet paper, towels or help cleaning something up please tell me and I'll provide or instruct you where to find things in the house and exactly what to do. I generally fulfill most requests for my guests, you just need to ask. I don't want to fine anybody but I've found out this helps my guests remember more often than not enforcing necessary rules to protect my business.
- By accepting and following through with this reservation you agree that you have read the rules and listing in it's entirety, will follow all the above rules, and if found responsible not carefully following and breaking these rules, you also have already consented to paying the fines if found reasonable through Airbnb's Resolution Center. If you disagree, you can find customer service and resources through Airbnb's website and have every right to fight the dispute. I am a fair host and have yet to fine anybody. I'd like to leave it that way.
У этого хозяина 40 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
I like to travel as much as I can. I am also a SuperHost and Organizer for the Citizen's Short Term Rental Advocacy Group in Kansas City, MO. Please contact me if you live in Kansas City to learn more about the ordinance the city is proposing.