For GIRLS ONLY or COUPLE. 10 mins by car from the Airport with 24/7 pick up available for a small fee. The bus stop to Dublin City is literally across the road. Many buses throughout the day and early evening. 5 mins walk to the local Shopping Centre and National Aquatic Centre / Sport Campus, Connolly Hospital. All wooden floor and recently decorated. You get all you need, in your room you'll find a kettle for free tea/coffee, hair dryer,comfy bed, Free Wifi.This is a REAL Airbnb, I live here.
Comfortable, bright and warm double room with a king size double bed.
In the room you will find a hairdryer, kettle with a selection of tea / coffee, WiFi, Dublin maps and brochures, towels, plug adapters, USB wall sockets.. etc.. .etc..
I do offer also some extra service for a very small fee like Pick up / drop off from / to the Airport / City Centre or other place in Dublin.
Anyway you can find everything described in details in the House Rules and Description.
The house is in a vibrant, but quiet and well connected are in North Dublin but we are NOT in the City Centre. There are very frequent bus connections throughout the day. The bus stop is literally 1 minute walk from your room! We are not far from the airport too but only by car, there isn't a direct bus hence I do offer a pick up / drop off said above.
Also the train station isn't far but I would recommend the bus.
Also remember this is a real Airbnb, this is my home and I live here with my partner and my daughter. Isn't a business where someone just handle you a key!
PLEASE GO THROUGH ALL HOUSE RULES / DESCRIPTION and IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THEM YOU ARE VERY WELCOME
Общение с гостями
We live in the property, so we are here if you need tips, advice, information, help or just a chat. But we are very discreet and polite and most of the time outside.
Другие важные подробности
PLEASE GO THROUGH ALL HOUSE RULES / DESCRIPTION and IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THEM YOU ARE VERY WELCOME.
it is extremely important that you go through ALL the rules to avoid any problem or misunderstanding during your stay at our place. Keep in mind that every AirBnb is different, so reading and accepting the rules will make everything clear from the beginning. I think that you have the right to know what to expect, this will make your stay very satisfying for you and for us too. And if you have any question or issue that isn't covered here or isn't clear enough just ASK, I am here to help. If you decide to book my place you are accepting the rules as they are:
1) We decided to charge a very minimal fee for cleaning compared to the standard of other airbnb. It is only 5 euro so please keep the room and the bathroom as you will find it. We keep everything clean and if you keep it that way will benefit also other guests as we will not increase the cleaning fee.
2) HOUSE LOCATION >>>>>> We are NOT in the city centre. The house is in a very well connected area in North Dublin, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 with many buses throughout the day and night to / from the City centre. Depending on the traffic but average time is 25 / 30 mintues to get to the hearth of Dublin,5 minutes to reach the largest shopping centre in Ireland, the “Blanchardstown Shopping Centre”. And the National Aquatic Centre, literally you just need to cross the road. We are very close to the airport too, 10 mins by car, but unfortunately by bus is taking longer as you have to change bus in the city centre. There is not direct bus. However I do offer a pick up / drop off service to / from the Airport and to/from the City Centre for a small fee (you will find full details in the following rules).
3) CHECK IN / CHECK OUT Please note that check in / check out refers only to your FIRST day and your LAST day, this seems obvious to you but I had some guest very confused and complaining because they tough they had to leave every morning and come back at check in. During your stay you can come in and out as you WISH !! You will have the house keys !
On your FIRST day of arrival the CHECK IN is anytime after 15:00 but you are very welcome to let me know if you have any special request to come earlier / later and I'll see if possible (especially if you need to be picked up at the airport). Keep in mind that I don't do this for business so I do work so any special time needs to be agreed in advance or I will not be able to come back home earlier to welcome you! CHECK OUT on your last day is anytime before 9am. If you need to leave earlier than this there is no problem. As said if you need a drop off at the airport or somewhere else let me know. Remember that early check in or later check out will effect other guests staying before or after you.
3bis) LUGGAGE on your last day If your flight is late in the evening you still need to check out before 9am but you want to use your last day to visit around but you have your heavy bags with you, this could be a problem for some... so you are welcome to leave your luguages at our place but keep in mind 2 things: A) consider that we are not directly connected to the airport so you have to spend plenty of time on buses to get back here and then back to the airport. B) On your last day you can leave the bags but the room needs to be clear of your personal belongings at 9am as I do need time to prepare / clean the room for the next guest (if any). So you are free to leave your bags at no extra cost (needs to agreed in advance as we arent't always at home) but another solution could be to use a bags locker in the city centre (if you are interested let me know and I'll send you more details after the booking).
4) NOISE We ask You to keep the noise to the minimum during evening / night time, we will do the same and to be responsible/aware users of the bathroom. When using the shower consider that this is a shared bathroom and also during the night could be noisy too. We are not accepting unusual showering time, like anytime from 1 am !
Apart from this you are free to come back at any time of the evening / night and if you are lost we will come to collect you !
5) WIFI INTERNET Wi-fi internet connection is available. We don't apply any restriction but keep in mind that the net is monitored so any fraudolent activity or unfair usage will trick an automathed filter which will slow down the network.
6) SHOES We do ask You to take off your shoes while at home.
7) HOUSE KEY You will be provided with the house key, house alarm remote control and your room's key. The house is fully alarmed and you will need the remote control to de-activate the alarm. You are responsible for the key and the remote. There isn't any code to remember, can be controlled via remote or remotely via server. If you have any problem during your stay and no one is at home just use my mobile number to contact me or my partner. The alarm is to keep you and your belonging safe. Isn't there to make your stay more complicated.
8) CCTV Our area is very safe but for insurance requirements and to keep you even safer the entire house is under CCTV surveillance 24/7 on all the outside perimeter and at the entrance hall and the first floor landing. If you book the place remember that you are accepting the use of CCTV for safety reasons.
9) YOUR ROOM Everything you may need is provided in your room however if you need something or something isn't working just let me know and don't be shy! I always make sure that the previous guest has left everything as it was but I am human and if something isn't there just ASK. You will find: * Set of towels, smaller and larger one. I leave this normally on your bed. The shampoo is in the shower for you to use. Hair dryer * There is always hot water 24/7 (but remember the noise rule! If you can avoid showering after 22:00 it will be much appreciated). * If you have something wet just place in the hot press, in the morning it will be dry. * In your room you will also find some tourist books and a visitor's log book if you want to leave a comment. * FREE Kettle in your room, so that you can have coffee / tea whenever you want. * You have a blackout roller blind and curtains to make the room really dark and sleep better. * Travel adapter will be in the chest of drawer if needed * USB adaptor *
10) HOUSE & ROOM SAFETY The house is located in a very quite and safe area. We know all the neighbors and it is a very welcoming community. * However the house is fully alarmed and under 24/7 CCTV surveillance remotely recorded and stored. * The CO2 and Fire alarms are in the landing space and at the entrance. * You can find a powder fire extinguisher at the main entrance too. * A basic First Aid kit can be found in your room, just where the kettle is. * My partner is fully First Aid trained.
11) BREAKFAST To be able to keep the price as low as possible we have decided to not include the breakfast but even if the use of the kitchen is not included you are free to prepare your cereals, and if you need to place something in the fridge just ask.
Anyway one of the best place in Dublin for an original irish breakfast is just round the corner. So if you want to go there to try the real Irish Breakfast let me know the evening before and me / my partner will drop you there in the morning.
12) KITCHEN USE I don't include the use of the kitchen facilities for safety reasons (avoid any chance of fire or injury!) however in the evening if you need to use the hob, microwave etc... just ASK. We are flexible! Avoid any meat cooking as my partner is vegetarian and he doesn't like the smell of "dead body flesh cooking" (as he says!).
13) PICK UP / DROP OFF SERVICE We are quite close to the airport (please check the map) but unfortunately there isn't any direct bus so you have to go to the city centre and change bus. So if you really need I do offer a drop off / pick up service for a small fee. Fees are: * Airport pick up / drop off 16 euro one way * City Centre pick up / drop off 16 euro one way * For any other place around Dublin just ask me during the booking or when you will arrive and we will see. Please consider that this is a courtesy service for our guests - isn't a taxi service (which would cost at least twice!) so keep in mind that sometimes we can't do it so let me know if you need and I'll see if possible for the day you need.
14) CAR PARK If you have your own / rented car there is plenty of car parking. The car park is in the public way, however because it is a cul de sac there is no traffic and therefore is quite safe. Keep in mind that because is in the public area none will assume any responsibilities for any damage / thief. So even if it is a safe area just remove any valuable or visible things from the car.
15) TRANSPORT The Dublin Bus stop is literally just on the main road just across the house at 40 seconds walk! There are plenty of buses during the day (almost every 20mins) and evening to / from City Centre. On weekends too, but fewer. You can get to the city centre directly in about 30 mins depening on traffic. If you are stuck just call us and we will pick up you anywhere in Dublin if possible... On night there is a special service called Night Link with specific departing time. If you need info visit Dublin Bus website or just ask me. Bus routes: Bus to/from City Centre are the 38 and 38A. The bus stop in the city centre is located just beside the General Post Office (GPO) on O'Connell Street towards the River Liffey. Just ask the driver to stop you at Corduff Crescent bus stop (just after Waterville bus stop). To/From airport: unfortunately there isn't any direct connection anymore even if it is just 10 mins away. You will need to go to first in the City Centre (bus 16 , 41 etc..) and then get the 38 or 38A. This is why we advice you, expecially if you are travelling late in the evening or early morning, to let us pick up you. It costs nearly as much as the bus but it only takes 10/15 mins by car! As said keep in mind that on Dublin Buses they will not accept notes but only coins and they don't give change ! So consider buying a LEAP Card from any newsagent. With the Leap card the fee is 20% cheaper. The card itself will cost you 5 euro and then you can top it up as much as you want. With the leap card there is a daily cap (10 euro) so you can travel as much as you want without been charged a fortune! Let me know if you need it (you will!) and I can get one for you.
16) HOUSE HEATING We do keep the house warm and welcoming but everyone have different level of comfort. So PLEASE if you feel cold / warm just ASK and let me know. Everything can be adjusted in matter of seconds. Don't do the mistake to keep a problem to yourself, have an happy stay. So just SPEAK and ASK! Please go through the rules before finalizing and confirming your booking, if you are not sure about the location or anything else just ASK and do use online maps to double check the actual place location. Consider that because we are doing this mainly for pleasure we are quite selective as we want to avoid any issue after. Consider that this is a family home, isn't an hotel or a standard bnb, you are our guest not just a customer. You will be sharing a local family home. My daughter is 10 years old and we are in our late 30. When you are booking the room you are confirming that you have accepted the above rules.
Thanks for reading ! Paola
У этого хозяина 130 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Hi there! My name is Paola ... you can call me Pauline too! I work in the IT for a well known IT company based close to where I live. Even if I work with computers I prefer spend my free time reading paper books and travel to discover new places and meet new people!
I like unsual places to stay and knowing the local culture ... I tend to travel offtrack the usual tourist paths.
I am originally from Italy but I live in Ireland since 2007.