Close to family-friendly activities, beautiful sandy beaches, fantastic provincial park, local artists and galleries, and a vineyard for wine tasting! You’ll love the cosiness, quietness, beaches for swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking which we have for your use, as well as bicycles for local exploring (liability waiver must be signed for recreational gear use). Near walking trails. Exquisite view, lots of light. Good for couples, solo adventurers, families (with kids), and furry friends (pets).
Nestled adjacent to Risser's Beach Provincial Park, minutes from the beach in the unique and welcoming community of Petite Riviere, come enjoy walking trails, swimming, kayaking, paddleboarding or just lazy days at the beaches, and more! 5 min walk to Rissers Beach. Our cottage has one of the best views in the village, with the entire front being floor to ceiling windows / patio door. Open concept kitchen/dining living area, with 2 bedrooms and 1 full bathroom. Brand new futon in the living area for that little extra sleep space for guests, accomodating 6 in total in the cottage. South facing - so soak up the sun in the afternoons and on lazy evenings as you wind down with a drink overlooking Sperry's Beach!
The entire cottage is yours while here. The only restriction in terms of usage are the private-use items, designated as such, in our garage.
Общение с гостями
Typically, while we have guests at Le Petit Chou, we stay with a friend in the community or camp ourselves in Risser's Beach Provincial Park adjacent to the property...and are never far if assistance is required. You will have privacy from owners, unless you want it otherwise :) !
Другие важные подробности
You will be well off Hwy 331 during your stay at Petit Chou. Our long driveway offers peace of mind for guests with children and well-behaved/trained pets to play in the long, large front garden well away from traffic - and noise! You will be adjacent to Risser's Beach Park, and so a stray "pet' who wanders freely into the park will not be welcomed by park administration and a fine may be imposed by the Province of Nova Scotia. You are responsible for keeping your pet under control at all times during your stay at Le Petit Chou.
We are very pet-friendly, and ourselves have 2 large dogs. While the cottage is professionally cleaned after each guest and you are assured a lovely, clean space, this is a pet friendly property, so finding occassional pet hairs is possible! Should this be an issue, or you have pet allergies, we suggest you find alternate accommodation. Complaints on this matter will not result in refunds.
There are many amenities nearby including an adventure outfit in Le Have (7kms down HWY 331) with lots of day activities for the entire family. The Petitie Riviere General Store is 1 km door to door from Le Petit Chou, where guests can get all basic groceries, toiletries, gifts, and even a well-stocked beer and liqour store! Everything you need - right here! Bicycles, paddleboard, kayak, ping pong board and many more recreational items available for guest use subject to release of liability waiver being signed by guests.
- This is a very dog friendly property but which is kept very clean and is professionally serviced after each pet "guest" to ensure an enjoyable stay for those without pets. However, we ourselves have 2 large dogs and while you can be assured a clean, fully laundered and wonderful space, finding the odd dog hairs in the cottage depsite these efforts is possible. Should this be an issue and / or if you have pet allergies, you may wish to find alternate accommoddation.
- While pets welcome, absolutely no pets on ANY furniture and must be under owners' full control at all times. While we don't want to seem too firm or unfair, we've had guest non-compliance with this and it costs more time and money to deal with and clear up - and we will charge you an extra $50 per night if you can't comply with this simple request.
- There is a kayak, paddleboard, wet suits, ping pong table, barbeque and bicycles all in the garage for guest use. Items in the garage marked as "not for guest use" are strictly off limits. We thank you for your cooperation.
- Fires in the designated fire pit are ok, however, guests are to adhere to the fire "status" of the adjacent provincial park, as the fire status applies on our property and exists for your safety.
- Shoes on in the cottage ok.
While we don't expect guests to do the housekeeping prior to check-out, we do expect the courtesy of washing your dishes, sweeping/vacuuming excessive sand, dirt from the floors and removing excessive pet hairs. Please leave the shower and toilet reasonable and sort the garbage as clearly instructed as well. These are the things that result in good guest ratings. While we want you to kick back and enjoy everything the space has to offer - its our home - not a hotel. If treated it like a hotel - which a few have - game over...
- 11pm quiet time rule
- FINAL RULE: Enjoy yourselves! This is a great spot - well done for finding us!!
People-helping, dog and nature-loving woman!! Can't live without my husband, my family, pets in my life, music and friends! As a guest, I'll treat your place like my own! While travelling and as a guest, I like comfort, cleanliness and reliability. As a host, I try to give the same! When travelling I like to explore new things, places, cultures, outdoor activities, but I also like to plan ahead and know I will have a good place to call "home" while away from home. When you stay at my cottage, same applies! I provide extras to allow people to get out and enjoy the outdoors and nature, while also encouraging people to explore the local people and community near our Air B&B property. At the end of the day, you have a comfortable, clean and beautiful space to stay, and a reliable host should something come up!