Our home is an artistic, open, bright space. Your room is quiet and private, a peaceful, clean, lovely spot to land w/ new Sealy Posturpedic Full-sized mattress. Lovely tree-lined street. Very close to public transportation. Harvard, Tufts & Lesley U are within walking distance, also easily accessible by bike, subway, bus.
kitchen for making coffee or tea in the morning. If you stay for more than one week we can negotiate kitchen and laundry use or course :) Must be very considerate and tidy in the kitchen if you do use it as it's exposed to the entire living area.
Общение с гостями
Feel free to come into the living room by invitation, and to work please use the desk in your bedroom.
Другие важные подробности
You can use the kitchen by asking on a time-by-time basis if your stay is more than 1 week. This can work if you are tidy and follow this rule-of-thumb: Leave kitchen cleaner than you found it---including cleaning stove & all counters after each use. As you'll see it's a tight kitchen, fully exposed to the living area.
- Use of laundry after 1 week, coffee or tea in morning (no other b'fast), no smoking anywhere on or outside the property, must like dogs. Please use desk in bedroom to spread out and work. If you have odd hours this probably isn't the best spot for you; we like guests who are out at work or touring around the city during the day and who sleep at night. You are welcome to visit us in living room-- by invitation. See Details of house-rules below:
1) We love hosting for airbnb. Our intention is to provide a clean, warm, friendly room while you're away from your own home on your trip. If you are seeking perfection, anonymity or a locked room, there are tons of lovely hotels in the area; there is not a lock on the room and we do like to get to know our guests a bit. We hope you will express yourself and share the purpose of your trip and something about yourself when you bravely reach out to stay with us in your initial email inquiry. If you want to use the kitchen to make a special meal or the fridge to store a few things, ask and if you are tidy we can discuss on a time by time basis. If you are staying for a month or more we can negotiate kitchen use based on how tidy you are as the kitchen is fully exposed to the living area. My basic rule of thumb is leave it neater and cleaner than how you found it if you ask to us it to cook :)
2) We do charge for children and babies even if they co-sleep with you in your bed. Please make absolute certain to put the exact # of guests in the initial request/inquiry.
3) We prefer one week's notice before booking if at all possible. You are welcome to try spur of the moment, but the head's up allows us to clear the spot for you.
4) I try to be flexible with check-in and out times when possible.
5) Just a reminder, no smoking anywhere on this property or outside. Our neighbors will not appreciate people coming in and out of our house to smoke.
6) Trash and recycling: Please take your trash out daily and there are outdoor trash cans under the front porch. Please use the bag in the room marked for recycling to put your rinsed out bottles, cans and clean papers for recycling. If you have boxes, please break them down and I will show you where the outdoor recycling bins are in case it builds up.
7) Pricing: It is non-negotiable. There are airbnb rms available in all price range and I've carefully priced mine below it's value so cannot go lower. The only exception, and you're welcome to request a slight discount in this case, is if you're requesting at least a one month stay. For longer stays, it's possible I'll consider a discount of a few free nights.
Airbnb adds up the amount for you when you make your request. While I enjoy math, the computer is more trustworthy with calculations than I am :)
8) Occasionally I have a second room in the photos (yellow room). This room may be available if room on the calendar isn't available. If you have a 4th person, you can ask to see if that room is available and you may want to book that room as well ($85/night for 1 person, $25 for each additional person per night).
9) Always close the lid of the toilet if you raise it.
10) Please plan to use the dest in the room to spread out to work. You are welcome to visit in the living room by invitation when we are both in friendly/chatty moods :) Please plan to go out during the day as I work at home and need solitude and quiet for focus.
11) Our liberal politics include, (but are not limited to): pro-choice, pro-occupy movement, ant-racism, environmental consciousness, anti-oppression, and marriage equality: Intolerance is the one thing that is intolerable to us ;)
У этого хозяина 158 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Friendly, smart, politically liberal/progressive, resourceful :) I love hosting people from all over the world, and know the Cambridge/Boston area well (for a native NY'er---I've been here since graduate school which was 20 yrs ago). You will find the environment here 'on the court' restful, peaceful and as my current guest from Australia put it, "I figured you were a healer of some sort-- because your home feels healing." Our place is relaxing and down to earth, with an artistic and colorful ambiance, and lots of sunlight.
My boy is pure enjoyment once he feels comfortable with a guest. My dog is one of the sweetest mutts ever (objectively speaking of course)!
If you happen to be taking the bus from NYC, WORLD WIDE BUS leaves you a 10 minute walk from our house.