This is our home, which we love. It's a short trip from the "downtown" sections of New Orleans but is removed enough that you may get a taste of country living. Our home is an artfully renovated double shotgun house, with a backyard, garden, two friendly dogs, a cat, and plenty of books and candles. We love hosting kind people, and want visitors to get a real sense of the richness of the city we call home.
We are currently hosting room for two, with a full bed and twin trundle.
Our house is on a relatively sleepy street across from an army reserve. The room is located on the street side of the house. While there isn't a lot of traffic on our block, guests should be aware that they may hear the gentle hum of a car rolling by or the trash getting picked up on Saturday morning.
Holy Cross is most easily accessible by car. It is a little off the beaten path for a typical tourist, but a welcomed retreat for those looking for a more local New Orleans experience. We find we're great for people driving through New Orleans (roadtrip, anyone?). For someone looking to walk out the door and be in the French Quarter, we're not the right fit. It's a 10-minute drive to the French Quarter and a 5-minute drive to the fun things in the Bywater. Please factor in Uber/Lyft/car expenses when booking with us. If coming by car, you can park in our driveway. If you have specific questions about location and fit in relation to your plans, please message us prior to booking.
- Your own bedroom with its own private entrance.
- Private bathroom with tub and shower
- "Band room" with couch (ask if you want to play the drums)
- Shared spacious and equipped kitchen
- Shared living room with TV
- Shared dining room
- Shared deck and backyard
- Mississippi River levee just a ten minute walk down the street--great for sunrise and sunset
Общение с гостями
We're friendly folks and our pets love snuggles. That said, we respect your privacy so the ball is in your court regarding how much interaction you'd like to have with us.
Другие важные подробности
We have four outdoor cameras monitoring the perimeter of the property. There are absolutely no cameras located in any private spaces, such as bedrooms and bathrooms. Video footage is not shared except in the case of compromise to the property. Please do not hesitate to message us if you have any questions about this.
Номер лицензии или регистрационный номер
Подробнее об этом номере
We're a home, not a hotel, so we respectfully ask guests to honor these rules:
- We request that guests take their shoes off at the door.
- A clean house keeps the critters out. No food or drink in living room or guest rooms, please (except water)
- During weekday stays, we ask that the home be reasonably quiet after 10pm
- Close shutters when leaving the house
- Only registered guests allowed in house
Joanna is originally from Southern California. Harry is originally from Ohio.
Five things Joanna can't live without? In no particular order..
3. Chex mix
4. A good poem
5. A stiff drink after a job well done
Five things Harry can't live without..
2. A beat
3. His next meal
The goal is to visit a new city every year. !!