Overlooking central Wellington with a fantastic view of the harbour, close to Brooklyn Village and bus routes. On a nice day you can walk into the central city (30-40 min). This is a tidy double room on a quiet street, with owners, WiFi and two cats.
**WiFi, breakfast and CATS included - and no more dog!**
**Available for medium term stays of up to 6 months - please ask. Current rates are $300 per week for a couple (minimum 3 weeks) or $230 for a single. Note that your fees to Airbnb will be on top of this rate.**
Are you looking for well priced accommodation close to the city, by yourself or with a partner? This is a 1914 character villa on a hill overlooking the city and sea. There are two double bedrooms, the other occupied by myself and partner Ciaran, with an open living and dining room and a shared bathroom. The open living area has French doors opening out to a great view over Wellington city and harbour. The area includes a leather sofa that opens out to a comfortable double bed in front of the French doors. The sofa bed is occasionally listed on Airbnb (under "shared space"}.
The two cats - our fur children - are Mogadon-the-matriarch and Neko, the handsome Norwegian forest cat. If you are lucky, one might select your bed as their chosen sleeping spot!
WiFi, breakfast and cat cuddles are all included in the price. (Note that cat cuddles can't be guaranteed. They will let you know if you have been chosen to receive this privilege).
You can help yourself to fresh plunger coffee, hot chocolate or a variety of teas at any time. For breakfast we offer toast, home-made muesli with yoghurt or milk, juice and fresh fruit.
If you strike a famous stunning Wellington morning (see photos), you can eat breakfast out on the deck in the sun, looking out at the harbour. Who could complain about that?
Check-in is flexible as we can leave you a key. **You will find the code to the lock box under "self check-in" in your itinerary once you have received confirmation of your booking from Airbnb; also detailed directions from the airport, ferry etc.** Check in before noon will require payment for an additional day. Please check whether early check-in can be accommodated before you complete your booking. Latest time for check in is 9:00pm. Sorry, arrival on late flights cannot be accommodated. Leaving early is no problem however.
We love living here; beautiful sunny Wellington mornings where we can look out to the harbour and see the birds fly out from the Zealandia sanctuary. It's lovely just sitting on the deck in the peacefulness of early morning, coffee in hand, watching tuis and kingfishers feeding on the pohutukawa and flax. Come and stay!
Guests will have access to their own private room, which is lockable; the main living area of the house (including the kitchen); and a shared bathroom. Guests can store food in the pantry and fridge, and cook anytime. Guests can also sit out on the deck, in the verandah (like a sun room) and in the garden if you wish.
There is no off street parking, but you can park nearby on the street and it is a very safe street. Many of my neighbours have been here for years without any security issues, and it is a dead end street so not a lot of traffic. I have never had my car or my guests' cars broken into in the 7 years I've been here. Of course, it is still at your own risk.
Общение с гостями
I'm quite a busy person, often going to the gym after work, and when I'm home I'm managing my various social activities on the computer, or developing new lemon products for sale at the markets (my "Lady Lemon" business). My partner and I both like chatting to guests but can equally be watching tv to chill out after a long day at work - it just depends. We are very happy to tell you all about Wellington and the different things you can do. We have a whole box of brochures, maps, discount vouchers etc for museums, parks, gardens and other attractions available for you to rifle through.
Другие важные подробности
We like to accommodate guests for short to medium term stays, ie. up to six months. For three full weeks or longer, the price is $300 for couples or $230 for singles. This is all inclusive except for lunch and dinner (includes the room, breakfast, power, gas, firewood, internet, land line (telephone for local calls) and cleaning) and compares well to the cost of renting an apartment close to the city or flatting long term with other people. As a medium term guest you are expected to change your own sheets (though you don't have to launder them), empty your own rubbish bin and dust and vacuum the room (or get the cleaner to do most of it now that we have one!).
I'm happy to negotiate a good deal with you but please do not ask to pay cash on arrival, ie. transact outside Airbnb. Doing so removes the safeguards for both of us, and could get me kicked off for not following the host's code of conduct. That would not be good! In addition, Airbnb has software that blocks the exchange of email addresses and mobile phone numbers until a booking has been made. So if you try to give me your contact details before making a booking, I won't be able to contact you anyway.
1. Smoking: No smoking anywhere on the property please.
2. Food/drink: We provide tea, coffee and breakfast. Please do not help yourself to any other food. Please do not eat breakfast food at any time other than breakfast. You are welcome to use fridge, freezer and shelf space for your own groceries.
3. Internet: You can use WiFi at any time. No illegal downloads please.
4. Heating: There are several different heating sources - enclosed log fire, electric heater, oil heater and electric blanket - that are available all year round. Please be economical with your use of electric heating, but make sure you are warm :-).
5. Security: Only the verandah door and front door are accessible from the outside. Please check that the French doors and the back door are bolted on the inside and all windows are shut and bolted if you are the last one to leave the house.
6. Safety: Please do not attempt to light the log fire unless you have experience with this (some people have never seen one before, and it does take a bit of skill!). Do not leave heaters or electric blankets on while you are out. We have one fire extinguisher which is located outside the door of the private room. Please turn the stove off at the wall after use.
7. Shared space: The open living area is available to all house guests until 10pm each night. Please be considerate of guests staying in the double sofa bed (our other listing).
8. Must like cats!
У этого хозяина 92 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
I am a professional working in the public sector, in the area of procurement. In my spare time i go running, drink wine and eat good cheese (not necessarily in that order).