An older nostalgic house that has been used as a familie cabin for years.
Quiet and calm area with amazing natural scenery in relaxing atmosphere.
Dry climate makes little clouds, together with very low light pollution - perfect for watching the Northern Lights.
Activities: hiking, skiing, biking, kayaking, fishing in the sea/river, midnight sun.
Skibotn is a small village: 560 inhabitants.
* When tour operators in Tromsø searching for the Northern Lights, they usually go to Skibotn!
* University of Tromsø has established a Northern Lights observatory in Skibotn just because the conditions are so good here.
* Fishing: Skibotn is located along Lyngenfjorden with different types of Fish. You can walk to the shore/fjord, 15 minutes, 1,5 km. Popular with fishing rod from shore. In the mountains there are many good fishing lakes.
* Tours: Short trips: Svarteberget and Hengen. A little longer trips to Sledo, Vardan or Bohlmannsveien / Russeveien. In Skibotndalen there are many excellent hiking trails such as the Golda, Gappo and Treriksrøysa. Lullestien is close by E8 in Skibotndalen, 2.5 km long, goes through forests that have primeval forest character, while elsewhere it is highly influenced of modern culture.
* In winter you can drive with snowmobile to Finland, Sweden, Signaldalen, Kitdalen and Oteren.
* In autumn and winter there is possibility to hunt grouse, elk or harese.
* Rovijokfossen is a tourist attraction upside in Skibotndalen. The waterfall drops 25 meters and has view plateaus on both sides.
* Shopping in Kilpisjävri in Finland, 47 km, 35 min drive: good and cheap grocery store, restaurants serving cheap and good hot meal. Liquor store.
* Lyngen Alps; 45 min driving, 50 kilometers. The most spectacular Mountains.
Inside the cabin:
-Room no. 1, in 2nd floor: Double bed 150 * 200 cm. Double bed 120 * 195 cm. Children bed 160 cm.
- Room no. 2, in 2nd floor: Double bed 120 * 200 cm. Two single beds 75 * 190 cm.
- Room no 3, in 2nd floor: Two single beds 75 * 200 cm. Can be placed together to make a double bed.
- First floor, living room: One extra bed 75 * 185 cm.
- First floor, kitchen: basic kitchen Equipment
First floor total 45 m2.
2nd floor total 40 m2.
The neighborhood, shopping:
* Minimarket/gas station Circle: 800 meters from the cottage, are selling sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs and fried potato as well as other groceries. Opening hours are: Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 23:00
Saturday: 08:00 - 23:00
Sunday: 10:00 - 23:00
Kitchen closes every day at 22:00
* Grocery Store Joker: 4,7 kilometers from the cottage. Opening hours are: Monday - Thursday: 09:00 - 18:00. Friday: 09:00 - 19:00. Saturday: 09:00 - 17:00.
* Kafe Ruija: 5,2 kilometes from the cottage.
* Blomsterboden/Fargesenteret: 5,8 kilometers from the cottage. They are selling flowers, interior and gifts.
Общение с гостями
The owner lives in the city of Tromsø, 90 minutes driving. Contact with the owner is only possible by email and phone, not in person.
Другие важные подробности
Wi-fe is available, but small capacity.
There are towels and linens for all beds in the cabin.
There is no dishwasher or washing machine.
У этого хозяина 122 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
I'm a friendly and sociable person who loves to meet interesting people and learn about cultures different from mine. I can speak English quite well, my husband is from Finland so his first language is Finnish. Our son is 16 years old. We have two cats.
I try to be a host at the same way as i as a guest myself prefers. When I vacationing I want to be independent, to be with those I travel with, Dropping hotels, living either as the locals does, then the holiday will be more authentic and memorable.
I will make sure that you can experience having a nice, pure and cozy room when visiting Tromso, and I will be available and assist you if you will need it. I can give you many tips about what to experience in Tromsø. I can not be your full time guide and I can not be a part of your holiday, but I will do my very best so that your stay will be full of good memories.
Welcome and I hope you will enjoy our home!
Start your vacation planning on homepage: visittromso