Glen Nevis is tucked away in the peaceful woods down a dirt road. Just minutes from basic amenities and restaurants in the village of Cape North. The cottage-like, fully private apartment is on the lower level of our home, and has a private entrance, full kitchen and bath. A perfect midway point to make day trips to explore the hidden gems of the "Top of the Island" (45 min drive), and the Cape Breton Highlands National Park - Ingonish (45 min drive) and Cheticamp (1 hr 15 min drive).
This accommodation is at ground-level - there is just a slight slope down to get to the private entrance. Full kitchen including fridge, oven/stove, sink, and basic appliances such as toaster, coffee machine and kettle provided, as well as coffee, tea, basic cooking utensils, pans and dishes. We do not provide breakfast.
The rental unit is on the lower level of our home, but it separate and private. The backyard and surrounding woods are available for your leisure use. Please be cautious of the long, steep cliff, which runs along the edge of the property, about 100 feet behind the house. Do not walk around the woods in the dark, or attempt to climb down the cliff at any time.
Другие важные подробности
Please remember that this is our home, not a hotel, and should be considered and respected as such. We make every effort to ensure comfort, assist and accommodate our guests needs, but if your expectations are that of a hotel, please don't book with us.
The second bed is a pull-out in the common room, which can sleep up to two adults. We also have a twin-sized cot that can be used for a child. We can accommodate max 4 adults and one additional child.
Children age 10 and under are free, so you don't have to add them as extra guests on your booking, but please let us know so we can prepare for them.
The water sourced from a well, and is shared with the main house. Hot water is plentiful, but not unlimited. If there are several people in your group, don't take showers consecutively. You may need to run the water for a minute or two for it to heat up if it hasn't been used recently. The water pressure is sometimes low at first, but usually improves after a few minutes of running.
- By booking, YOU AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to understand what we offer and your trip details, save it for offline access, and ask any questions you have before you embark on your trip.
- Same-day reservations may require a later check-in time than listed. We will provide a check-in time when we confirm your booking.
- We live in a very rural area, with limited amenities. During fall through spring, many non-essential businesses close, such as restaurants, shops and tourist attractions. Essential businesses such as grocery stores, banks, etc. close early, so be sure to get anything you need before you arrive.
- We do not provide breakfast - there is a full kitchen in the unit, and coffee and tea.
- This rental unit is part of our private home, and should be respected as such. It is not a hotel. If our home or rental unit is not respected by your party, or any of our rules are broken, you may be asked to leave.
- Cell service cuts out in some areas, and Rogers does not have service here.
- Use the driving directions given. Do not rely solely on your gps or map. We advise arriving before dark, as it may hard to find us after dark.
- Check in after the given time. We may not be home when you arrive - self check-in instructions are in guest resources. If you arrive after 10pm, please quietly check yourself in.
- Please park on the right side of the house, and pull ahead a bit so we have room to back up and turn around.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm to 8 am.
- Check out is no later than the given time, unless you have made other arrangements with us in advance.
- Guests are expected to pick up after pets and dispose of pet refuse in the bin outdoors. Pets must not be left unattended at any time, and are not to make excessive noise. They must be kept on leash when outdoors.
- Smoking is not permitted on the property - indoors or out - due to sensitivity.
- Fires are permitted in the fire pit only, when there are no strong winds or a provincial fire ban. Ask us first, and where to buy firewood.
- Damages or missing items will be charged to your bill.
- Children aged 10 and under are free, so you don't have to enter them as guests in your booking. Just let us know so we can prepare the beds.
- Guests are not permitted to enter any area of the house other than the rental unit. The main and upper levels of the house are our private living area.
-In case of emergency, call 911 and contact us immediately.
- Please allow us to assist you during your stay by informing us right away if there are any problems with the rental unit, or if you need anything.
Thank you, we look forward to meeting you. - Adrianne & Mike
We may not be home upon your arrival, but we will be available by AirBnB message or cell phone at all times to answer any questions you have.