Our home is located on the quiet side of Mt Desert Island. Acadia National Park includes amazing hiking trails, lakes to swim, kayaking, and the carriage roads to bike. We are also close to Mt Desert Island Southwest Harbor with restaurants and shopping. A twenty minute drive will take you to Bar Harbor for more sight seeing, restaurants like Blaze and Havanas or shopping. We also have a library close by and a quiet beach within walking distance or a short drive.
- Please be respectful of the property and care for the environment.
- No smoking inside the house.
- No pets allowed.
- We do not allow fireworks, loud parties or music.
- Any activity that would be disturbing to the neighborhood or any illegal activities.
- The house must be left in a tidy condition as it was found upon arrival. All linens, dishes, etc are provided. The kitchen must be cleaned. Upon departure, we ask that you strip beds and put the sheets in the basket located next to the washer. Please run the dishwasher; put garbage in the garage; and leave the cottage in the same condition you found it. We'll come back through to finish laundry, remake beds, and make everything squeaky clean for the next guests.
My husband and I have been coming to Maine for over 20 years. We use to camp with our children. Mount Desert Island has always held a special place in our hearts. We hope you enjoy your stay here and are able to do lots of exploring on the island. There are so many hidden treasures.