This award-winning designed row home has a fantastic urban feel and is located near everything in the Gaslamp. Originally it was used as an art gallery called FUZE and still features that sign in front. There are 4 separate beds and the original art is hand selected and rotates frequently.
The space is very unique and has an urban feel to it. There are concrete walls and hardwood floors in what was an original art gallery called FUZE San Diego. I've kept up the Art tradition featuring Art from local San Diego Artists throughout the home. The space has a very open and bright layout. All of the doors are automated so that the guest does not have to fumble around with keys.
Общение с гостями
I don't interact with the guest very often in person, rather than giving them their space and automating everything for their comfort and privacy.
Другие важные подробности
The rotating art is provided by:
Linda Frueh Encaustic
Some of the pieces are available for purchase. Please see website and contact the Artist directly.
Non smoking unit both interior and outside.
I have neighbors, please be respectful and aware of noise. Be quiet when entering the courtyard and night and please keep windows and doors closed, especially at night (to mitigate noise issues)
I request that you leave the house relatively tidy, put away the AeroBed's if you use them, start a load of laundry, and start the dishwasher. I'm able to keep the cleaning fee lower than normal by asking you to spend 10 minutes doing this. Should you choose not to, I will add $50 to the cleaning fee. It will be deducted from your deposit.
Policies Regarding Renters:
Youth and Parties
We endeavor to rent to responsible adults. We cannot discriminate based on age, but we require that all renters be at least 21 years old. We do not rent to younger renters, and do not allow parents to rent for their minors without themselves staying in the unit. We cannot guarantee compliance, but will evict anyone who violates this provision and all monies paid, including security deposit will not be refunded.
Please be aware that I have neighbors. Enter the courtyard quietly at night and please keep all windows and doors closed as sounds do carry throughout the courtyard. It is advised that you keep all doors and windows closed at all times so that construction dust does not enter the unit, and the air conditioner or heater can work more effectively.
Parties are strictly forbidden. Guests will be asked to leave if there are any parties, loud music, or excessive traffic in or around the unit.
Damage is charged to the guest. Owner will deduct all fees associated with cleaning, repairing or fixing any damage done by renters/guests. If the amount exceeds the monies collected the renter/guest agrees to pay any additional costs. In addition, Owner will assess a reasonable administrative fee for the processing of this work. Also, guests are asked to keep the units locked.
Booking and Cancellation
At the time of reservation, 50% of the total rent due is required. The remainder is then due at 30 days prior to check in date. For reservations made 30 days or less of the check in date, Owner requires full payment. Monies collected for rental reservations are NON REFUNDABLE. You must be sure you want to reserve a unit or property.
Please note, smoking is strictly prohibited in rental units, their associated balconies or patio areas. Smoking is also prohibited in all indoor and outdoor spaces at each property. If you or anyone else during your stay is in violation of this policy, Owner reserves the right to make deductions from your security deposit. This fee will pay for extra cleaning and costs.
Please be advised that there are cameras at the subject property, aimed towards the street entrance, and garage entrance. These cameras are not regularly monitored, but they may be reviewed to document guest activity.
Owner does not allow pets in any of its vacation rental properties or units. If pets are brought in to a unit, Guests understand they will forfeit their security deposit and be evicted.
Guests understand they are not allowed to have more people in a unit then are registered with Owner. If additional guests are stay in any of the units or associated areas without prior authorization from Owner guests understand they will be evicted and forfeit their security deposit.
Guest(s) understand that all keys, garage door openers, security items, or building/door access items issued with rentals must be returned to Owner by the guest(s)’ assigned check out time. If guest(s) fails to do so, the actual cost to rekey or replace the lost item(s), PLUS a $250 administrative fee will be charged.
Guests are expected to leave the house relatively tidy, start a load of laundry, load the dishes in the dishwasher, and start it. Guests MUST adhere to the published checkout time unless we have a written agreement in advance. There are no interior cameras, but there are exterior cameras that are not regularly monitored but may be reviewed for guest compliance.
If you are unsure of a policy, procedure or rule, please feel free to ask. We are here to ensure you have fantastic stay in San Diego!
In consideration of the monies received and the mutual promises contained herein, the Lessor (Lawrence Gallego) of the subject property hereby agrees to give a license to use the Property to the undersigned, (herein referred to as Licensee), on the property and dates described in the confirmation letter and under the conditions stated herein.
1. Check-in Time: Check-in begins at 3:00 PM on the arrival date. Late arrivals should contact Lawrence at least 72 hours prior to arrival so alternate arrangements can be made.
2. Check-out time: Checkout is NO LATER than 10:00 AM on the departure date.
3. Reservation Deposit: A reservation deposit of 50% of the booking total is required to hold an advance reservation if the reservation is made 30 or more days prior to arrival. The Reservation Deposit is payable immediately. If arrival date is within 30 days, the full rental amount will be required to secure reservation. If payment is not received immediately, the booking can be cancelled without notice.
4. Security Deposit: You hereby grant consent to charge your credit card or bill you in any amount of actual damages to the Property arising from your use of the Property, as well as for missing items, lost keys, excessive clean-up, and, if necessary, the cost incurred in removing you from the Property. Should the cost to make these repairs and effect the cleaning of a unit exceed the collected security deposit, guest agrees to pay any additional monies within 7 days.
5. Right to provide alternate unit: In the unlikely event it becomes necessary, we reserve the right to change rental units reserved by guests. At our discretion, a comparable unit other then one originally reserved by guests may be provided, with no increase in rental rate.
6. Smoke Detectors: Licensees are required to reset all smoke detectors upon check-in and promptly report inoperative smoke detector(s).
7. Property Inspections: All problems, including inadequate cleaning and damage, must be reported in writing within 24 hours of check-in for prior guest to be held responsible. We reserve the right to enter premises at any time for the purpose of effecting necessary inspections, repairs or maintenance.
8. Notification: It is Licensee’s sole responsibility to inspect the Property upon arrival. In addition to inspecting the smoke detectors, Licensee agrees to inspect the entire Property to ensure that it is free of hazards, and properly equipped. Most Properties are not equipped for the elderly or handicapped. Licensee assumes the entire risk of injuries arising from use of the Property. Licensee will ensure that the Property has a secure shower or bath tub mat, and that the Licensee takes reasonable measures to prevent slips in the bathroom, on staircases, steps, on balconies, and throughout the Property. Licensee agrees to take a high degree of care in the use of the Property.
9. Occupancy: The maximum number of occupants allowed in the Property is shown on your confirmation letter. Children over the age of 3 are counted. Overcrowding or misrepresentation is grounds for immediate revocation of the license to the Property, and removal of Licensee without refund. The Licensee is the person who will occupy the Property. Parents may not book Properties for their children. The Licensee must be present at the Property for the time of the reservation, and take full responsibility for the Property. Small children are the responsibility of the Licensee. Children should not roam free on balconies; climb on furniture; hang out of windows; or engage in other unsupervised activities. Licensee takes full responsibility for all lost or broken items, and any damages to the Property of any kind.
10. Restrictions on Property Use: Licensees are prohibited from engaging in any unlawful activity or any other activity that constitutes a nuisance. Violation of this provision will result in immediate eviction without refund, and licensee will be held liable for any damages to the Property, contents and grounds. We only rent to legally and financially responsible persons over the age of 21. NO PARTIES are Allowed! Violators will be removed from the Property immediately, and prosecuted for damages and losses.
11. Pets: No Pets are allowed on the property at any time. Violation of the “no pets” stipulation is grounds for immediate removal without refund.
12. Smoking Prohibited: All properties are nonsmoking properties and any form of smoking is prohibited on the premises.
13. Personal Property Loss: Licensees are solely responsible for personal property left in or about the Property. Lessor shall not be held liable under any circumstances for any damages to, or loss of property.
14. Returned Checks: Licensee will pay a $50.00 returned check fee on each check returned by Licensee’s bank.
15. Cancellations and Changes in Reservations: Refunds of rental fees are not available for cancelled reservations, partial stays, no shows or early departures. Request to change reservation dates must be made at least 30 days prior to check in date. If a change in reservation is requested, Owner will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the change, and assess the appropriate fee of a 15% reservation change charge. Reservation changes within 30 days of arrival date are not permitted.
16. Subletting and Assignment: Licensee may not sublet, sub-license or otherwise grant any rights to the Property. Licensee may not assign the agreement without prior written consent.
17. Property Use: The Property may not be used for any activity in violation of local, state or federal laws, or California Insurance rules and regulations.
18. Attorney’s Fees: If Owner consults legal counsel or a professional collection service, for collecting any amounts due under this Agreement, licensee shall be responsible for all costs of litigation and/or collection in case of such, including actual attorney’s fees.
19. Limitations on Rental: Owner will not be liable for circumstances beyond their control, including but not limited to appliances or air-conditioning/heating failure, other mechanical failure, unfavorable weather, disruption of utility services including cable television, etc. There will be no relocation, rental pro-ration or refund in the event of such circumstances. In the event Owner is unable to deliver the Property to Licensee because of property sale, property owner decision, fire, mandatory evacuation, eminent domain or Acts of Nature, or if the property is unavailable because of construction delays or lack of utilities, Licensee agrees that Owners’ sole liability, as a result of any of these conditions, will be a full refund of all payments tendered by Licensee. Licensee and Owner agree that in case of double booking or occupancy by Owner, Licensee will be ONLY entitled to a full refund of all monies previously tendered by Licensee. If Owner is able to relocate Licensee, Licensee agrees to pay the difference in rental amount, should Licensee accept alternate accommodations. Licensee expressly acknowledges that in no event will Owner be held liable for any other condition out of the control the Owner, or for any incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to, expenses that result from moving or for any other losses.
20. Tenancy: The Licensee acknowledges that this is NOT a tenancy for the Property. The Property is not rented for more than 30 days, and is taxed and treated as a transient occupancy, akin to hotel accommodations. Property laws do not apply to the license granted herein, and the Licensee may be removed as a trespasser immediately upon termination of this license. The Property is rented on regular short term periods, and for a significantly higher rate than a non-vacation rental. Often a licensee is scheduled to begin a vacation in the Property on the same day as the check-out day of the prior licensee. If Licensee stays even one additional day, Owner would face significant logistical problems with the next licensee, including possible liability. As such, Licensee agrees to vacate immediately on the check-out day, at 10:00 a.m. Failure to do so will entitle Owner, in addition to all other remedies available to it, to: have Licensee ejected as trespasser; and to physically remove Licensee and all of Licensee’s possessions from the Property, for which Licensee hereby grants permission and consent; and obtain damages and injunctive relief against Licensee.
21. Indemnification: Licensee agrees to release and indemnify Owner from and against all liability should anyone be injured upon the premises during the term of occupancy, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except in the case of personal injury cause by willful gross negligence on the part of the Owner.
22. Owner Changes: Every effort is made to ensure all information on the web site and other documentation is accurate and complete. However, Owner is not liable for errors, omissions, mistakes, price changes and any changes by the Owner in furnishings, equipment, bed arrangements and other accommodations.
24. Effective Date: Not withstanding any other assurance to the contrary, this Occupancy Agreement is not binding or effective until signed by both parties, and Owner receives a Reservation Deposit.
25. Governing Law: The terms and conditions stated herein will be interpreted by and governed under the laws of the State of California and any action arising out of this agreement shall be litigated in the city of San Diego, State of California.
26. Attorney’s Fees: In the event of any action or proceeding commenced by any party, the prevailing party in such action or proceeding shall be entitled to recover from the other party all cost and expenses thereof, including actual attorney’s fees and cost.
27. Invalid Provisions: If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future laws effective during the term hereof, such provision shall be fully severable and this Agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision had never comprised a part hereof; and the remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or by it’s severance hereof. Furthermore, in lieu of such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision there shall be added automatically as a part of the Agreement a provision as similar in terms to such illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision as may be possible and still be legal, valid, or enforceable.
28. Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment or modification hereto shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
29. Waiver: The waiver by either party hereto of a breach of any term or provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of a subsequent breach of same provision by any party or of the breach of any other term or provisions of this Agreement.
30. Headings: Headings of the paragraphs herein are used solely for convenience and shall not be used for interpretation or construing any word, clause, paragraph or provision of this Agreement. We recommend you make a copy of this agreement for your records.
31. Lost Keys: Guest(s) understand that all keys, garage door openers, security items, or building/door access items issued with rentals must be returned to Owner by the guest(s)’ assigned check out time. If guest(s) fails to do so, the actual cost to rekey or replace the lost item, PLUS a $250 administrative fee will be charged.
С 26 июль 2017 - 27 январь 2018 минимальная продолжительность бронирования — 3 ночи.
У этого хозяина 96 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы