Spacious group home, setback far from quiet street, in quiet neighborhood,with plenty amenities. (2 fireplaces, 3 TV's (2 Flat screen), piano, rec room, living room, WiFi, comfortable, large porch with Weber grill, highly referenced property!
Great 2 story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, home that is excellent for groups. It's close to lake fishing, water skiing, snow skiing, mountain trails, zip line, shooting range, golf, zoo, village tourism and more. Cool mountain evenings in nice neighborhood, house is set back 120 feet from quiet residential street.
WIRELESS available! Two fireplaces, foosball. Great for groups. Has 3 televisions (2 are flatscreen), 1 VHS VCR and two DVD players. Also have a library of about 150 VHS movies. BBQ 'kettle' grill (charcoal) on 2nd floor exterior porch right off kitchen in front of house.
Downstairs includes rec-room (fold out bed), one bedroom and 3/4 bathroom. Upstairs includes living room, dining, kitchen, full bath and two additional bedrooms. Maximum sleeping arrangements (12) would include using upstairs fold-up twin and hide-a-bed in downstairs rec-room, not using these two options actual beds sleep 9 (king, queen, double, 3 twins).
Important headcount note: With using these options, there are still two couches (if 12+ is needed). So 'beds' accomodate up to 12 people (including hide-a-bed and sofa-bed, assuming no more than 2 per bed, 1 per twin), anything above 12 would utilize the couches (unless more than 2 per larger bed were used) and probably best to bring sleeping bags for those people.
Full house available except for garage and laundry room, one private pantry and the linen closet which cleaning people use. NO access to washer dryer. Laundromat nearby next to Von's grocery.
Общение с гостями
I am not present at the property but usually available before, during and after somone's stay by phone. We also have a cleaning/handyman service that is available to come on site for emergencies. Emergency number listed on refrigerator. NOTE: Bring trash bags! You MUST take your trash (and especially garbage) with you to the local community disposal site, map included near refrigerator.
Другие важные подробности
Normal amenities of fast food, IHOP, Denny's, K-Mart, multiple grocery stores, Blockbuster video rental, etc. Big Bear Lake village with theaters and tourist items only 4 miles away. Come and enjoy the cool mountain breezes and beautiful scenery of Big Bear.
House is very child friendly, however with stairways, we do not provide any gates or blockages so please keep track of your infants or bring such gates or barriers with you.
Any pets must be notified and cleared with landlord. All are not approved.
- Daily rate applies (primarily) to Sun-Thursday. Friday/Saturday rates are 50% higher (holiday still higher rate, often including Sundays as well).
- Per person rates (beyond 6) are $15 per day.
- Season rates begin Nov 15th or first snowfall, whichever is later, ending Apr 15.
- Weekly and Monthy rates available.
1) Tenants MUST LEAVE PROPERTY AS CLEAN AS THEY FOUND IT, except for linens and towels. (please don't dismantle bed but leave bed 'not made' to indicate what beds were used).
2) All trash to be taken out, house left in order. Locations:
- Fire House #2 (across from the Civic Center on Big Bear Blvd.) - southwest side of lake
- Big Bear Disposal, 41974 Garstin Road
3) IF FURNITURE WAS MOVED AT ALL, PLEASE RETURN TO ORIGINAL POSITION
4) All dishes to be cleaned and put away (in that order! ).
5) sweeping is expected, no vacuming need be done.
6) Please police couches, between cushions, for left behinds, or trash.
(any time spent by cleaning crew for any of the above items will be billed against deposit). Tenant agrees to terms, by booking reservation on this site.
Bring paper towels, trash bags, soap, shampoo. There is 1 DVD player (upstairs) and 2 VCR player's (upstairs and MBR) to play what you may bring with you (local Blockbuster closed). At present there are about 150 VHS movies at the residence to choose from as well. (The three TV's are on only 2 satelite tuners, so downstairs and MBR are in synch, same remote control. separate remote for upstairs living room. (if you loose Satelite, you probably got TV on wrong reception channel. TV should be tuned to chanel 3 upstairs, and 73 downstairs and in MBR. After doing so be sure to have Dish remote in Dish tuning mode)
Check-In [time is 4pm]
1. When using either fireplace, keep fire at a reasonable seized flame. For Safety and health reasons, DO NOT USE LIGHTER FLUID TO START FIREPLACE (use starter logs, paper or kindling only). Keep the fireplace screen closed so that sparks do not shoot out onto the carpet or floor. Do NOT at any time during your stay empty the ashes from the fireplace. This will be taken care of by the landlord after you check out.
2. There are two primary thermostats near to their respective space heaters, one upstairs in the hallway and the other downstairs near the entrance. The third heater
in the downstairs bedroom has a thermostat on its top that you need to reach in and rotate counter-clockwise to increase heat.
3. Dining Room light is on a timer so if it doesn't come on for you (switch on swag chain), rotate the timer switch at the outlet and try again.
4. Exterior and Mud Room lights: There are two outside and one mud room (entrance foyer) light that are on motion detection, Please be sure that tape on switches for these lights remains.
5. Refrigerator: you should have to turn the temp up in the refrigerator (don't adjust the freezer temp. Never should it be over 2.)
6. Read check out procedure below when you arrive and if anything is NOT as it should be (remote controls, towels in bathrooms, Foosball table, etc.) CALL Landlord immediately to note.
CHECKOUT: [time is 11 am]
1. FIREPLACE: If you used the fireplaces, make sure chimney ‘damper's' are now closed.
2. KITCHEN: Please wash and put away all dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc. If Oven was used, please clean.
3. REFRIGERATOR: If you adjusted temperature, please be sure refrigerator side is turned back down. Cold empty refrigerators can frost up and cause damage. Freezer setting should never need to be above #2. Please don't turn freezer below 1 when you leave. Please check that knob when you get in and when you leave. Thanks!!
4. FLOORS: Please do the sweeping of kitchen, bathrooms and downstairs floor. [Broom, dustpan in upstairs hall closet. [swiffer sweeper also provided for upstairs wood floors] Additional broom & dustpan in downstairs closet (next to piano or in mud room).
Please return all to same locations.]. If any excess items on carpets, please pickup. Cleaning lady will vacumn carpets.
5. REMOTE CONTROLS: PLEASE ensure they are velcro-attached to their respective TV/player. 2 downstairs, 2 upstairs, 1 in MBR.
6. Foosball Table: two balls are in either goal pockets or china cabinet drawer. Please verify.
7. HEAT: Leave upstairs and downstairs heater thermostats at 50-degree position. Turn downstairs bedroom heater thermostat all the way down (clockwise).
8. POWER: Make sure televisions, appliances and all lights are turned off except the dining room swag lamp, which is on a timer. Please make sure this light is turned on and timer is functional.
9. SECURITY: Please be sure that all curtains, entry doors, sliding glass doors and windows are closed and locked.
10. TRASH / GARBAGE: Garbage and trash must be removed from the property. Trash should NOT be left in cans at street. Garbage especially cannot. [If cleaning people have to remove your trash from house or street, there will be a charge.] There are two disposal sites to use:
- Big Bear Disposal, 41974 Garstin Road:
- Fire House #2 (across from the Civic Center on Big Bear Blvd.) - southwest side of lake
11. KEYS: Keys must be returned to the lockbox (unless instructed otherwise).
12. ALL Furniture MUST be returned to original position if you relocated it. Do NOT leave this for cleaning people as their time to do so will be charged.
DEPOSIT: Refund of deposit will follow property inspection. IF YOU LEFT THE PLACE LIKE YOU FOUND IT, YOU CAN MOST LIKELY BE ASSURED OF A FULL REFUND!! If you didn't do all of the above, not to worry, we only pass on the cost of the labor time
that it takes. We want you back as a tenant!
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 7 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем 50% суммы бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 7 дней до поездки, то деньги не возращаются.
У этого хозяина 23 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
My wife and I are semi-retired, living in San Diego. We are grandparents and parents. We have a 2nd home in Big Bear California that we rent as well as an apartment in Peru. We do travel a bit, especially to Peru where my wife was born, as we are building a mission down there. We have also enjoyed trips to Europe and Asia. We have 6 children, 8 grandchildren. Most of our children live in southern California, with one son in Arizona. We will most likely utilize Airbnb ourselves as a 'renter' but our primary relationship here is as a host. We hope that you enjoy our home.