GREAT ESCAPE: The perfect place to relax and catch-up with friends and family. Seasonal dock and secluded sitting area by the river. Hot tub. Large view deck. Three HDTVs. WiFi. Game room with ping pong and pool table. Grassy lawn with fruit trees. Two-minute drive or short 15-20 minute walk into the town of Guerneville.
“Great Escape” is located directly on the Russian River with expansive views of the river and surrounding redwood forest. The spacious riverfront home is designed for comfort, leisure and relaxation, with the perfect balance of indoor and outdoor living.
The inside of the house has an open floor plan with the family room, kitchen/dining area and living room all connected to each other. The family room has a cozy seating area with a sleeper sofa and wood-burning fireplace. The living room is bright with a comfy couch, a large HDTV, and sliding glass doors that open up to the central deck.
The dining table seats eight people and is located next to the fully-equipped galley kitchen. It comes with a gas stove and oven, large fridge and freezer, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, grinder, dishwasher, quality pots, pans and cutlery.
There are three bedrooms, one with a King, the others with Queen-sized beds, and two baths. The family room has a sleeper sofa (Queen size) that can be pulled out. The master bedroom is bright and spacious with river views and sliding glass doors that open to the deck and hot tub.
The large and inviting outdoor deck comes with a gas BBQ, an al fresco dining area, and 5-6 person hot tub. During the summer months a canopy shades half the deck and creates the perfect space for reading, relaxing or simply watching the river.
Down the back stairs you'll find a shaded patio and the game room / basement, which doubles up as an indoor / outdoor lounge complete with ping-pong table, a pool table, comfy sofa and chairs. For convenience, there is an additional full bath on the lower level, as well as a multitude of outdoor games, including croquet, badminton and bocce. There is also an outdoor shower, if you'd like to rinse off after a game of soccer or a swim in the river.
The property has a lush backyard that includes a grassy lawn, fruit trees and a hammock. There are two lounge chairs, several Adirondack chairs, as well as variety of benches and other outdoor furniture to enjoy. (In the wintertime the furniture and hammock are stored in the game room / basement.) At the end of the lawn and down a short flight of stairs is the secluded riverside deck and sitting area (seasonal). Enjoy a book or sip on a beverage while watching the river flow by. During the summer months from mid-June to mid-September, a seasonal floating dock adjoins the deck -- complete with a fleet of boats that awaits your use, including two kayaks and a canoe. Parents can relax on the deck or dock while watching their kids swim in the river a few feet away. (Swimming is advised during summer months only!)
Other amenities include central heating, WiFi, cable + HBO, washer/dryer, dishwasher, HDTVs in two bedrooms (total of 3 HDTVs), programmable and bluetooth enabled iHome alarm clocks with radios in each bedroom, board games, and books.
Другие важные подробности
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING. YOU MUST ACCEPT OUR TERMS AND HOUSE RULES (SEE BELOW) IN ORDER TO BOOK WITH US.
We will send you our Rental Agreement and House Rules via email after you request to book. Please send the signed agreement back to us ASAP. Guests must be at least 25-years old to book with us.
Sonoma County TOT Certificate #: 812N
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests for this property is limited to 8, including all adults and children.
Check-In and Check-Out Times: Please check-in after 4pm and check-out before 11am. We will charge a $200 fee if Rental Party leaves late and the turnover of the property is delayed.
Minimum and Maximum Stay: This property requires a 2-night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays are required during the summer and holiday periods, including but not limited to: 3 nights for Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Christmas, and New Years, as well as 4 nights for Thanksgiving. The Maximum Stay is 14 nights with an extra mandatory cleaning after 7 days for a fee of $200.
Security Deposit: The amount of the security deposit is $1,500. We reserve the right to make deductions within 14 days of the Check-out Date in case of the following: damage to the property or furnishings; dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s or Rental Party’s stay. If the property appears dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform the Homeowner and Local Contact immediately via email or text message. (Contact info for the Local Contact is provided in our reservation confirmation email Guest will receive prior to the Check-in Date.)
Guest / Rental Party are responsible for any damages, fees, penalties, and cleaning costs incurred that go beyond the $1,500 deposit -- in which case we will send an itemized invoice to Guest’s home address.
Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded according to Airbnb’s “Strict” cancellation policy, as detailed on the Airbnb website: airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#strict
Rental Party’s personal property is not insured by Homeowner against loss or damage due to any cause, including but not limited to fire, theft, rain, water or negligent acts by others. We recommend that Guest/Rental Party carries or obtains travel insurance to protect themselves from any loss or damage.
1. Maximum Occupancy, Quiet Hours, Parties and Events:
a) Occupancy of the Vacation Rental: Rental Party is not allowed to exceed the agreed-to maximum occupancy limit of 8 people at all times. We reserve the right to charge a $1,000 penalty in case the maximum occupancy is exceeded, plus any costs incurred due to excessive wear and tear, damage or extra cleaning. Tents and camping on the property are not allowed.
b) Quiet Hours: Our House is located in a residential neighborhood. Please be respectful and observe quiet hours from 10pm– 7am.
c) Parties, events, and loud gatherings of any kind are NOT allowed. In addition, amplified sound outdoors is prohibited per Sonoma County Vacation Rental Ordinance.
Violation of rules related to maximum occupancy, parties / events and excessive noise carry a $1,000 penalty, plus any costs incurred due to excessive wear and tear, damage or extra cleaning.
2. Parking is limited to 3 cars. Vehicles are to be parked in front of the house in the gravel driveway. RVs, campers and trailers are not allowed.
3. Smoking of any type inside the house is NOT allowed. Violations will incur a $500 cleaning fee.
4. Pets are NOT allowed. If there is a pet on the property at any time during your stay, you will be fined $500, plus additional cleaning fees as necessary and the reservation may be terminated immediately without refund.
5. Commercial use of the property is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to professional photography, film production, retreats or workshops for which the Guest has been paid by participants. Guest will be charged a minimum penalty of $500, as well as for all costs incurred to return property to original condition, and the Rental Agreement will be terminated immediately without a refund.
6. Appliances: Guest and Rental Party agree to only use appliances for their intended purposes.
7. Toilets: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the drain system, you will be charged any costs incurred to restore the pipes to working condition.
8. Access: Guest and Rental Party shall allow Homeowner and her agents access to the property for purposes of repair, inspection and maintenance.
9. Fireplace: Please do not burn any materials in the fireplace besides the provided log or firewood. Please dispose of the cold ashes in the designated black ash bucket. Please do not use the fireplace on the morning of your Check-out Date.
10. Amenities: Besides those listed on Airbnb we provide
*Basic spices, including salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
*2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom and 1 roll of paper towels/kitchen.
*A plunger is located in the basement bathroom.
*Dishwashing liquid, as well as dishwasher and laundry detergent.
*Shampoo, conditioner, liquid hand soap.
*Trash bags, dish towel, sponge.
*Iron and ironing board.
*Propane for the gas BBQ.
*Phone with unlimited domestic long distance (no international calls). We cannot guarantee cell phone service at our location.
*Bluetooth-enabled clock radios with speakers in 3 bedrooms.
*One wrapped log of “eco” firewood.
11. Things we don’t provide: There is a 24-hour Safeway in Guerneville where additional supplies and groceries can be purchased. In addition, there are stores in town that sell sporting equipment, games and other recreational goods.
12. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While a set of fresh linens and bath towels are provided, daily housekeeping is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels, since we do not allow towels or linens to be taken from the house.
13. Tidiness: Guest and Rental Party agree to keep the property and all furnishings and other amenities in good order, and return any items, including but not limited to in-and-outdoor games, cushions, books, fans, etc., to their original locations after each use. Guest and Rental Party are responsible for missing, lost or damaged items.
14. Garbage: Trash must be disposed in the proper garbage or recycling bins, located at the side of the house. Collection day is Tuesday and bins must be placed at the curb on Monday nights for pick up the next day. At the curb, please space bins roughly 1 foot apart from each other. Keep lids closed.
15. Hot Tub: Always rinse off before using the hot tub, especially after swimming in the River. Do not use soaps, shampoo, body lotion or oils of any type when in the hot tub, as they render the cleaning chemicals ineffective and may cause excessive foaming. Any violations will incur a $100 fee for the drain and clean service to restore the hot tub to usable condition. Children are not permitted in the hot tub without adult supervision. There may be health risks associated with using the hot tub. Avoid hot tub if you are pregnant, have a heart condition, or are intoxicated. Always use hot tub at your own risk. Do not use glass in or around the hot tub. Do not remove the blue floating device. Never stand on the hot tub cover. The cover is used for insulation and is not designed to support the weight of a person. It may rip and you will be charged for replacement. When not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm, and lock the 2 front latches to prevent debris from entering it. Keep temperature set between 100 and 102 degrees. Please do not use if the water appears dirty, cloudy or otherwise unsanitary.
16. Russian River: During the summer months, the River is generally gentle and warm enough to swim in. In addition, River water is tested weekly by the County. If River-based activities are in your plans, please use caution and review the Sonoma County Health Department's most recent recommendations for safe River use. Children must be supervised at all times on the property, especially near or when swimming in the River. Swim at your own risk.
Please note: We cannot guarantee water conditions or river access at any time. During the Fall, Winter or Spring in particular, the River may be fast, deep and muddy, and not safe for swimming or boating. Depending on rainfall, beaches or River docks may be under water.
17. Floating Dock (Seasonal): The dock is generally in place mid-June through mid-September, depending on when the summer dams are installed and dismantled. But times of installation and possible use may vary. We do not issue a refund if the dock is not in place.
18. Boats (Seasonal): Boats are only available as long as the floating dock is in, which can vary. Please use our life vests when boating. Children must be supervised at all times on the property and while swimming or boating. All boats and equipment should be returned to their original locations and secured after each use. For the boats, please use the numerical lock to prevent theft.
19. Wildlife: The Russian River area is home to wildlife such as River otters, foxes, raccoons, garter snakes, moles, numerous bird species and fish, etc. Please be respectful to all wildlife while on the property.
20. Weather: If there is a storm, flood or other type of severe weather occurrence, no refunds will be given unless state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations.
21. Refunds will not be given for occurrences out of our control including, but not limited to, power outages, interruption of water service, maintenance issues, loss of Cable, Internet or Phone Service. Optional travel insurance may be purchased to cover these losses. We encourage Guest / members of the Rental Party to purchase travel insurance.
22. Maintenance Emergencies and Lock-Outs: We strive to create a super comfortable environment. But if a maintenance emergency does occur, or any other matter that cannot wait, please contact our LOCAL CONTACT (info provided in our confirmation email). If it is not an urgent matter, you may be assessed a $50 fee. There is a $50 fee in the event of a lock-out during non-business hours, and a $50 fee for lost keys or keys not returned to the lockbox.
23: Housekeeping and Check-Out: It is your responsibility to tidy up the house before leaving. Please complete the following before checking out:
*Strip sheets from used beds and sleeper sofa.
*Place all used linens and towels in a pile near the washer / dryer.
*Clean all pans, glasses, cups, dishes, etc. in dishwasher (wooden utensils and cast-iron pan must be washed by hand) and put away.
*Please clean BBQ Grill and remove any spilled or stuck food.
*Clean up all spills or messes.
*Dispose of all trash / recycling in bins outside next to the garage. If it is Monday, please move bins to the curb. Trash pick up is Tuesday. Please do not overfill bins and keep lids closed.
*Make sure the heater is turned off.
*Turn off all lights except where indicated by sticker.
*Close and lock all doors, sliding doors, screens and windows. There is a $100 fee if we find that you’ve left any windows or doors open or unlocked.
*Lock front door and return both keys to lockbox and reset dial.
24. Lost & Found: We will try to return lost items to you, but you must contact us ASAP if you forgot something at the house. There is a $50 fee for retrieving and shipping lost items + applicable postage. Any items not claimed will be donated to charity after 30 days.
25. Disclaimer: The Homeowner of the vacation rental and her agents are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while Guest, the Rental Party or their invitees are in and on the property and during use of any of the facilities or any provided equipment. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest or Rental Party. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guest and all members of the Rental Party are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property or others whom they invite to use the property and all of its contents.
26. Indemnification & Hold Harmless: Guests indemnify and defend Homeowner and her agents and hold Homeowner and her agents harmless from any and all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from any loss, damage or injury to Guest, Rental Party, or invitees or any other person in or on the property. Guest also acknowledges and agrees that if Guest or any members of the Rental Party, invitee or any other person in or on the property chooses to engage in any activity, including but not limited to, swimming in the Russian River, use of the hot tub, docks, decks, boats, hammock or other activity gear, whether the Homeowner’s or not, while in, on or near the property, such activity shall be done at their own and sole risk.