Our home is close to Fort Knox but quiet and open with easy access to the military post and all the restaurants, shops, and activities of Elizabethtown. Good central location if you wanted to take trips out to Louisville and Churchill Downs, get on the Bourbon Trail, take the kids to Dinosaur World or Kentucky Down Under, or see Lincoln's birthplace or Mammoth Cave.
The guestroom has a queen-sized bed with a brand new memory foam mattress and mattress topper. Mattress and pillows covered with allergen-blocking, waterproof cases. There is also a full-sized futon sofa which can be adjusted/extended to accommodate two more adults or about three kids. (There is also a couch in the adjoining television room that could accommodate a fifth adult). The carpeting in the guest room is new, and there is an exterior door for your own private entrance/exit that also leads to the back porch area and the yard. The patio has a table, chairs, and a solar-lit umbrella during the night and you are welcome to use those. You might see a few bunnies out there, deer, or a fox or two during the spring/summer/fall. Guest bathroom contains a shower/bathtub, toilet, and sink. We have lots of towels, washcloths, and shampoos/conditioners/lotions/soap available for guests also so you don't have to bring any of that if you're trying to save space. Guests have full access to the tv room which has a flat screen 45" television with DVD, cable, Wii, and Netflix, and full access to the office which has a desktop computer and Bluetooth printer. A mini-fridge stocked with breakfast drinks and normally some yogurt, a Keurig with an assortment of drink options, and some other breakfast type foods/snacks are available as well. We just added a microwave (May 2017) also. We have a pack and play available to those travelers with infants/toddlers, but please let us know you need that and/or the futon set up in advance so we can plan for that.
Your entrance goes directly to your room and you'll have the keys to get in and out as you please. You'll have your own private room, private bathroom (which has a basic shower/bathtub, sink, and toilet), access to the television with a sitting area (couch, love seat and chair), as well as access to the office area, which has a desk, desktop computer, printer, and another couch. Your part of the house is separate from the rest of the house. You can also hang out on the patio which has a patio table and chairs, overlooks the sunset, and has an umbrella which lights up at night if you flip it on.
Общение с гостями
We'll normally be here at the house and can give you any recommendations for what you're trying to do in the area (restaurants, Fort Knox access, etc), but we're in a separate (and blocked off) part of the house and we'll stay out of your way unless you need us. Every few days or so we'll probably pop into the tv room area for a minute to replenish your drinks and snacks, and make sure you're good with towels, etc, but that's about it. We try to take care of that when you're out and about as much as possible. The girls are quiet, won't bother you or see you at all really, and they're in bed by 8:30 on a separate floor of the house (and heavy sleepers), so no worries about your privacy. There's not a lot of great insulation between our floor and yours, so you'll probably hear their voices throughout the day if you're not watching tv or anything like that.
Другие важные подробности
We can be pretty flexible with things like checkout times and checkin times as long as we don't have other guests who have overlapping conflicts with what you're trying to do. Last minute plans and super late checkins are welcome also. We hire a professional cleaning service to help keep your space clean, which is what the cleaning fee goes towards. They come every other Friday and they are wonderful.
- Smoking only allowed outside house, home is otherwise smoke-free
- You'll have your own private room, bathroom, and entrance with access to parking, the patio/porch, television, mini-fridge/microwave/Keurig and a desktop computer/printer if you need it. Wifi (25MB/3MB) and streaming Netflix available as well. Not a great space for guests with mobility issues as the bathtub/shower isn't wheelchair accessible and the entrance requires walking about 30 feet in grass. Back porch access available for sitting around and watching the sunset, also overlooks a large backyard. Fire pit available as well. House is at the end of a street in a quiet residential neighborhood. Just a few miles from the post office, numerous little restaurants, grocery stores, and about 10-15 minutes from the two main gates at Fort Knox. About 20 minutes from the mass of restaurants and malls/stores located in Elizabethtown. About 40 minutes from Louisville Airport.
- No undeclared guests during your stay
- If you break an item, please pay for a replacement
- No parties or illegal activity