Located at the border of the Marigny and Bywater, the city's bohemian core and a 10 minute walk to the French Quarter, this spacious and historic two bedroom home has both the polish of a boutique hotel and the unmistakable soul of New Orleans—complete with a whimsical cat to keep you company! It will put you in a local's shoes while providing easy access to soak up the magic of downtown.
The listing is in something of a beta (and less expensive) phase, as furniture is still coming following an extensive renovation to restore it to its past glory and bring it into the modern era. That said, it will more than amply put you up in high, minimalist style. Suffice to say that if you like the photos, you'll LOVE the spot, as it's constantly being updated.
Some highlights of the place:
- Soaring ceilings, wide-plank flooring, restored original details, the home is spacious, airy, and over 150 years old.
- 1200 square feet total, including an open kitchen/dining/living set up with the bedrooms located in the back for privacy. Second bedroom is in the process of being turned into a cozy room for watching TV/reading/napping.
- Deep soaking tub lined in black soapstone and old-school brass shower for decadent bathing.
- Queen-sized Casper mattress in a quiet bedroom to ensure a good night's sleep.
- Unpictured: 50 inch flat-screen hooked up to all the streaming goodies: Netflix, HBO, ESPN, Showtime, Amazon Prime.
- Tropical back garden, shared with another unit, perfect for morning coffee and afternoon cocktails.
- Snazzy Nest thermostat for managing temperature.
- High speed wireless internet.
- Large chef's kitchen with new, high-end appliances and marble counters.
- Confirmed guests receive a personal, curated guide I've written highlighting spots and activities beyond the tourist radar.
- Walk to the French Quarter in 10 minutes, or $5 in a cab/Uber.
- Street parking is as easy as it gets.
Общение с гостями
As a SuperHost who has been part of the Airbnb community for six years, I love making sure everyone who visits my properties has a lovely time. This is my home, so while I won't be there—wouldn't that be awkward?—I'm always reachable by text message. I have a property manager who lives in the neighborhood who will take care of anything that comes up.
Другие важные подробности
There is a very sweet cat named Blue who lives in the house. She loves people, will likely hang around near you, always wants pets and cuddles, so I prefer guests who enjoy animals rather than just put up with them. She requires very little effort, but guests are asked to keep her food and water filled, and her litter box clean (otherwise she may yell at you in the night, which looses its charms quickly). Those staying for over 3 days may be asked to water the plants.
Номер лицензии или регистрационный номер
Подробнее об этом номере
Smoking is fine in the backyard.
While extravagant partying is encouraged while in town—this is New Orleans, after all—please keep it out of the apartment.
С 05 октябрь 2017 - 10 октябрь 2017 минимальная продолжительность бронирования — 3 ночи.
У этого хозяина 255 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Hi there! I'm a magazine writer and novelist in my thirties who splits time between homes in New Orleans and Brooklyn. I travel constantly—for work and pleasure—and love hosting people at my homes when I'm away.