The large porch is covered & shaded with many trees. A catch 22 because you can't see the lake, but with a short walk down the steps you are enjoying the lake/dock/slip--2-story w/ sun deck! 2.5 miles to Historic Granbury Square!Game room Foosball/shuffleboard/darts). Charcoal/propane grills, fire pit, wood burning fireplace. Couples, business travelers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (fenced yard and dog run in side yard) come on!
You will have the house to yourself. The guest house may be rented in high season simultaneously (or increase the size of your party, it is also available on AirBnB. It is an efficiency (typically rented by 1 couple, maybe 1 child) and it has a private porch. I haven't had any complaints on sharing the large dock. Stay on the lake, bring/rent a boat, fish, swim, relax, and enjoy the trees and the shade when not indoors (game room Foosball/shuffleboard) or in the sun! There is a charcoal grill on site and a fire pit outside (as well as a wood burning fireplace inside). FYI this is a 4 bedroom home, however, the game room is the 4th bedroom. There is a comfortable futon but no door for privacy from the living room.
You will have access to the entire property (with exception of the guest house unless you have rented it also).
* Be respectful. If you treat the home like it was your own place this list becomes unnecessary.
* Do not drive or park in front yard (there is ample parking) as the lateral lines for the septic system are under the ground (to the right of the garage when facing it).
* With the exception of TP, nothing should be flushed unless you have eaten it first, septic systems costs many thousands of dollars to repair/replace.
* Children should be supervised at all times as this is a Lake house.
* Do not smoke inside (use one of the porch swings) and dispose of butts appropriately.
* Accidents happen. If you notify us I promise to make every effort to return as much of your security deposit as possible, and I have been renting property for decades so I am creative in my solutions. :-)
* Any amount of guests above 10 and we need to be notified.
* Parties "within reason" there ARE neighbors.
* Pets require a hefty security deposit (though there is outside fencing, and a dog run) for accidents or damage.
* When checking out please load and start dishwasher. Please do not make up beds and put dirty towels on the floor (not the wood of course). Please take trash to the street in the blue can in or outside of the garage.
* Below is ONLY if you are bringing pets: Pet Contract
1. Can you assure me 100% that the dog is house trained? If not it should not be in the house "off leash" or outside of a crate. Please be honest with me (and yourself here) I want this to be a 100% positive experience for both of us. Please respond to this question via email within the airBnB website.
2. I require $400 deposit ($250 standard, plus an additional $150 for the pet). I do NOT want to keep a single $1 of your deposit and I truly want you and your family pet(s) to have an enjoyable stay, but the deposit is large to protect my home.
3. All animals like to mark their territory
a. Trained at home is not equal to "no accidents" away from home.
b. This is a known animal behavior.
c. They MUST be walked until they have gone #1 & #2 before coming into the house
1. Everytime you leave and come back in.
2. If you keep doors shut in rooms you are not in you remove temptation.
3. They are NOT to be left alone in the rooms or house EVER.
a. There is a dog run outside
b. There is a fenced yard.
c. If an exceptional circumstance arises--they MUST be left in a crate.
4. My neighbors have dogs that often wander the neighborhood and they WILL come to meet and greet your dog. Be aware!
5. If the dog is sleeping inside he/she needs to be in a crate while you are sleeping as most accidents happen during the night.
6. I need to be notified which room the dog is sleeping in.
7. Upon checkout I will use a urine detection kit which is comprised of 2 steps. First, I follow my parents 6 dogs inside the house (making note of any areas they sniff more than others). Secondly, I use a UV light and spectrum glasses which shows if there has been an accident in the house (even if it has been cleaned up). I WILL know if an accident has happened.
8. This is a part of your rental agreement. I LOVE pets, there is even a built in "dog house" in the downstairs bathroom. Owners cause me more problems than actual pets. :-) I am not unreasonable however I cannot allow accidents in the house.