Stately home near the historic Irvington neighborhood on half an acre of land with plenty of outdoor spaces. Close to art and culture, restaurants and dining, micro brewery, and family-friendly activities. We're open to couples, individuals, business travelers, and small, well-behaved dogs. We have no cable TV. We have a 5 year old son so we need general quiet after about 8 pm. Bedroom is on 2nd floor with queen bed. 2 rooms are available - see other listing for second bedroom.
Our house is just west of historic Irvington. Irvington is an off-beat area with local shops, restaurants, and a microbrewery. We're within half mile of two wonderful parks - Christen Park and Ellenburger Park, both of which are accessible via the Pleasant Run Trail. The drive to downtown takes about 15 minutes (up to 25 at rush hour) - it's 4.3 miles to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument (Circle). IUPUI is about 1/2 mile further.
Our house was built in 1926 and has been restored to its former beauty. It's 3,500 sq ft, so there is plenty of room in the house. Our yard is 1/2 an acre, which is rare in the city. There are several seating areas outside for when it is warm.
Guests are welcome to use any parts of the house except the master bedroom, master bath, and our child's bedroom. We have two rooms listed, so the other bedroom would be off-limits if it was being used. One bedroom doubles as a library - we have over 3,500 books in our house that you are welcome to peruse.
Общение с гостями
We are open to interacting as much or as little as you would like. Our son is very active so he will likely want to say hi to you. We're pretty quiet people and we do ask that it is quiet after 8 since our son is in bed at that time. We're willing to help direct you to any local areas that you would like to explore.
Другие важные подробности
This listing is for the second floor bedroom, which doubles as the library.
The room shares a bathroom and is upstairs where the rest of the family sleeps. It's a big spacious room with plenty of room.
While we like dogs, we have hardwood floors so we limit the size of dogs to under 50lbs. If you have a larger dog, please inquire prior to booking.
- We have a 5 year old son so we require it to be quiet after 8 pm. NOTE: We do allow "check-in" after 8 as long as we know about it ahead of time. Also, you are free to come and go after 8 as long as you do so in a manner that respects that he is asleep.
- We have a Welsh Corgi so any dogs must be able to get along with other dogs.
- No cats allowed.
- No smoking within 20 feet of the house. If you smoke outside, please clean up your cigarette butts.
- Parking is available on the driveway for one car. Additional cars need to use street parking.
- Please clean up after your dog.
- While we like dogs, we have hardwood floors so we limit the size of dogs to under 50lbs. If you have a larger dog, please inquire before booking.
***NO PETS MARCH 16-20***
- Note: we are a gay male couple, so if this bothers you, we are not the right hosts for your trip.
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 5 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем всю сумму бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 5 дней до поездки, то мы вернем 50% стоимости всех ночей бронирования, кроме первой. Стоимость первой ночи не возращается.
У этого хозяина 40 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы