Welcome to Old Town Lafayette! Mid-way between Boulder and Denver, our 100 year old farmhouse is ideally located in the sweet town of Lafayette. Lafayette is close to the mountains and the big city with an eclectic, creative, small town feel. Our place is walking distance from coffee shops, breweries, parks, trails, and restaurants. You really can't beat the sense of community you will find here. We think our place is ideal for families with kids, couples, and business travelers.
Our house is big on charm and we have worked hard to make it comfortable. It has a large, tree filled lot and feels like a wonderful retreat in the midst of busy cities and the suburban sprawl. The house has been decorated with care and we think it's pretty great. However, guests should know that our home is 100 years old and a little quirky in some ways. The bathroom is downstairs when the bedrooms are upstairs, the stairs are steep, the bedroom doors do not lock and do not close completely, and there is no central air.
Guests with kids will find themselves at home with cribs, toys, children's books, and a great outdoor space that includes swings, toys, a climbing wall, a mud kitchen, and a sandbox. High chairs are also available at your request. However, we would not say that our space is child proof (staircase is steep with a widely spaced railing, no locks on cabinets, and our back yard is designed by free range type of parents). Children will require supervision.
The entire house is yours to use with the exception of the unfinished basement, two out-buildings (locked), and the trampoline. On-street parking is readily available in the front of the house. If our vehicle(s) are not present you are welcome to park in the off-street spaces (uncovered).
Общение с гостями
We will be out of town during your stay, but will be accessible by phone if you need us. We will arrange access via a key lockbox with a personal code.
Our house is over 100 years old, so there are a few important instructions:
- Please take your shoes off at the door to help protect our aging floors.
- Do not flush anything down the toilet besides waste and toilet paper. Our pipes cannot handle it.
- Coffee grinds can go in the compost or trash, but they cannot be washed down the sink.
- We use portable heaters in each bedroom. They make the rooms quite warm. You do not need to turn them off when you leave the house, but please keep the area around them clear. The general rule is nothing within 12” of the heater.
- No smoking on the property.
- No fires in the fire pit (or on the property) as we are in a drought and under a fire ban.
- No drugs (including 420).
- No parties.
- Trampoline is off-limits for guests.
We have three kids (5 and 2 year old twins) and are new to the western part of the country. We love eclectic places, good food, culture, beer, and coffee. We do have young kiddos, but we also really value them learning to be respectful of the property around them. Our house is not "kid proof" and we do not expect that the places we stay will be either.