Skipping Stone is a private suite in a riverfront house in East Austin 2 miles from downtown perfect for 2 people or solo adventurers here for business or play. Located on the bank of the Colorado River, it’s in the heart of the East side, close to restaurants, bars, the airport, hike and bike trails, SXSW venues, the East Austin Art Tour, and the Colorado River Wildlife Sanctuary. Stunning views of the river and parkland and a private dock for swimming or fishing.
The space is in a newer house and is clean, comfortable, and stylish with AC and heat.
Guests have access to the entire half acre exterior of the property including the river and the downstairs guest suite in the front of the house.
Общение с гостями
We can be as available or out of the way as our guests want. We can be texted anytime for information or recommendations. We created a booklet with listings of our favorite restaurants and bars in the neighborhood as well as info on how to get around including bike rentals.
Другие важные подробности
We generally do not accept reservations more than a month in advance so dates will appear blocked on the calendar but may open up when your travel dates are within 30 days. Feel free to make a request in advance.
- Must be 21 or older to rent
- Maximum 2 people
- Smoking is allowed outside only
- Owners' 2 dogs are on the property.
- All guests acknowledge the risk of potential injury involved in activities on the bluff and in or near the river, including but not limited to walking, hiking, swimming, fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing and release Owners from all liability relating to injuries or personal property damage that may occur while Guests are staying on the property
- Guests have access to the entire half acre exterior of the property and the guest suite in the front of the house downstairs. Off limits to guests is the upstairs of the house, the downstairs office/garage, and property by the river on either side of Owners' property
- Guests will close all gates behind themselves at all times to keep dogs contained
- Guests using the stairs down the bluff do so at their own risk
- Guests using the dock or swimming in the river do so at their own risk
- NO DIVING or jumping off dock- river levels rise and fall daily.
- Guests will not use the stairs down the bluff to the dock after dark
- Guests will not be on the dock or in the river after dark.
- Guests will lock the door when leaving the premises.
My husband and I look forward to sharing our home with guests from all over the world. We are in our 40's and are both in the film business. When we travel, we like to live like a local and that's what we hope to give our guests- a local's perspective on our city. We can be as hands on or out of your way as you prefer. We live on the 2nd story of the house and the guest suite is on the bottom floor.