Our home sits hill-top in beautiful Highlands with amazing views to Seattle, Bellevue, the mountains. Our amenities include Big Fish Grill, RAM Restaurant, Caffe Ladro, Safeway . . . even our own neighborhood Cinema! We have TWO lovely rooms to book privately for 2 guests each or in combination for 4 guests. Each room is spacious, well-appointed with its own entry & comfy new bed. En suite bath adjoins BR's for combined or separate guests. Come enjoy your stay in our wonderful, safe community!
Each bedroom is very spacious while still feeling cozy and comfy. Each space also has the flexibility of being a one-BR guest accommodation for 1-2 persons OR a 2-BR combined suite for up to 4 guests in your party. This makes our space perfect for the single traveler, the couple on a nice 'getaway', or the family affair with children along! Rooms are 'Jack & Jill' style with bath adjoining; ideal for having parents in entry bedroom with children safe and comfy in adjoined 'inner' room (away from exterior doors)!
**NOTE: Other than different entries and their own distinct décor, each room is amply furnished and offers its own lovely space and charm. Understand that when rooms are booked separately, they will be booked based on my booking calendar as best suits each room's availability ease. Unless specified by guests, one bedroom will not be preferred over the other in booking. So, if you particularly like one bedroom over the other ('Sunshine' over 'Seaside', for example!), be sure you request your room preference when you first book! Otherwise, rooms will be designated per guests upon arrival as my booking calendar best allows. Thank you for being flexible here!
Access to your own space is of course private and at your leisure. Access to our family space is, for now, the same: for our privacy and at our leisure. We are only just beginning this B & B adventure in our home and, until we learn the ropes with guests, the family living space will be *by invitation only*. We lead very busy lives with lots of children's activities and programs. Consequently, when we find ourselves 'home', we truly appreciate settling in, relaxing, and enjoying our private family life with our kids. At this time, we prefer to not allow guests access to the other living areas in our home. Guest access will be limited to the agreed space of bedroom (or bedrooms) and bathroom. On the positive side, the guest accommodation IS very nice space, and you should have everything you need for an enjoyable stay. If not, please ask and I will be happy to help in whatever ways I can. Thank you.
Общение с гостями
I am readily available as your host while you stay in our home. However, as above, I am quite the 'busy Mom' with small children on up. Provided there are no real problems with your space or your stay, I prefer that guests direct your own course during your stay with us. Of course if you need my help, I am available and will do my best to take good care of you while you are here!
Другие важные подробности
I don't know of any other areas to note, other than asking that each guest please read my attached 'House Rules' before booking a room in our place. I am quite friendly and flexible in most every way, but for the safety and well-being of my children, I expect a certain standard of guest and a certain standard of behavior while any guest is staying in our house. Thank you for making sure you read and agree with my House Rules before we move forward.
- No yard, patio, or balcony usage on the property unless requested and approved by host.
- No access to host family's living space(s) within home unless invited by host.
- No cooking allowed within guest accommodation except via microwave oven.
- No disorderly conduct or inappropriate behavior of any sort during your stay. No parties! Drunkenness, drug usage, or reckless behavior of any kind will immediately terminate your stay. This is a FAMILY home with small children and we insist on mature, responsible, courteous guests!
- No other visitors other than agreed guests are allowed access to guest accommodation during your stay.
- No late-night entries. *Before midnight nightly is preferred please.
- Quiet hour begins nightly @ 10 PM please. This means NO loud music, noises, shouting, talking, laughing, or other disruptive activities after 10 PM nightly. If a guest must return later than 10 PM (*before midnight is preferred), please do so as QUIETLY as possible.
- No entry into the house except through the guest suite entries for which guests will be given their own keys. This means no entry through the front door, garage doors, or usage of the balcony or interior stairs.
-Please preserve the nice new appearance of your B & B space by taking off your shoes upon entry! Leaving your shoes at the door will not only keep your space cleaner during your current visit but will of course ensure that the space stays nice for you (and future guests) when you return!
- Please text or call host rather than knocking on our front door or coming up balcony stairs. We have small children and prefer a private family life. Texting or calling will allow you and us our personal privacy and some preparation time for a more scheduled visit. Thank you!
Hello to fellow travelers and possible guests in our home! I am also a traveler and have stayed in many B & B locations in various wonderful world locations. My husband and I met while both being independent world travelers, also pursuing our separate advanced education degrees. We both hold doctorates; have lived in 6-7 different countries on our own and together; and did much of our travels while having 5 of our children---each in their 'own' country as we moved around! Mostly though now, I call Washington my home. My most important role (and the job that I enjoy most in my life!) is being a Mom to my children. I have small children all the way up to nearly-grown kids, so our family (and our home life) is a very dynamic one. Never a dull moment, that's for sure. We stay very busy and each day is super-full. We welcome the opportunity to meet new people who are discovering 'new places' as we also loved doing and still do, when we can! Most of our trips now are road tent-camping trips with our kids (not too luxurious!). This is not to say we don't make a grand adventure of it though. This Summer, I drove (on my own without husband) from WA to NY with 5 kids age 12 and younger in tow. Camping out all the way for 3 weeks and then another 3 weeks' travel once we got there! Yes, this was the travel adventure of a lifetime for me and kiddoes! At the same time, we very much enjoy just being our own family in the privacy of our cozy-comfy home----without too much disruption. We hope that you will be mostly independent in your stay, but of course look forward to meeting you and helping as we can. I hope that tells you a little bit about me and the kind of 'space' we'd like to offer you. We look forward to meeting you soon! My thanks in advance for choosing to stay with us, as I know there are many choices out there! Our best, Laurie