Newly renovated bright, fun house in Historic Downtown, a short drive to Front Street shopping/nightlife. Next door, a funky art bar/cafe, the Juggling Gypsy, has live entertainment, full bar, wine & artisan grilled cheeses. Within 15 mins of local beaches, UNCW, Midtown, Shopping Centers, restaurants and bars. This home has a resident rescue cat: Gelloe, who loves being pet. Espresso+Keurig machines, an open floor plan, Netflix, widescreen, wifi, comfy lounge areas, and parking.
-Like Coffee? so do we. There are 3 different styles of coffeemaker in the kitchen. Keurig machine, Espresso machine, and a simple Mr Coffee pot. While we can't promise there's always coffee in there, a convenience store is across the street, and a grocery store is 0.5 miles away, with a Whole Foods another .5 miles.
-There is a house guitar and drum in case you feel musically inspired.
-We supplu plenty of sheets and towels for the house, but you should bring your own beach towels.
- We have a wines of the world rack, containing bottles gifted from other travelers. You are welcome to drink one, provided that you replace it with something unique/special~ something you enjoy, and hope others will enjoy as well.
- there are 2 bedrooms with queen size beds and a fun curtained side room with a full size futon ( there are also 2 trundle beds available if needed)
You can have full use of the entire house during your stay.
Другие важные подробности
There is a resident cat named Gelloe. He is a super affectionate rescue that showed up one day. He helped renovate the house and has been there ever since. He does like to talk a bit and it's normally him wanting attention and some pets. He definitely has a lot of personality and isn't afraid to show it.
-$25 per person charge per day for parties over 2 people.
- Chateau Gelloe is named after our resident cat. He is very outgoing and friendly, he does love laps and attention. He goes outside during the day depending on the weather. We have a separate entrance on the side of the house, as we do come over to feed and let him in and out. We try not to be intrusive.
Gelloe MUST stay in at night as we don't want him to be squished by a car.
- in order to ensure security for our guests, lost keys or keys not returned will be charged $50 for rekeying locks.
- The House is next to the Juggling Gypsy Cafe, a funky fringe arts bar and eatery, hosting a wide variety of live musical and performance acts at night both inside and outside. The house has new double-pane windows, and noise is generally not an issue. However if you are a light sleeper and we have an act outside you might want to use earplugs ( supplied in the bathrooms)
***By renting, you accept that noise may occur, and agree not to file noise complaints. ***
-No smoking in the house.
- No third party bookings, you must stay in the house to book the house.
Sebastian and I live super close, and can tell you all the cool, secret little spaces in town. When it comes to arty, local, entertainment, and unique spots, (and craft beer/wine!), we have you covered.
My partner Sebastian and I run the neighboring cafe, called the Juggling Gypsy~ a super eclectic place where amazing an interesting people meet. I am an IT specialist for a global registrar, and he's a professional juggler/fire dancer. We wanted to create a place where traveling folks could come in, relax, and enjoy themselves. We decided to renovate using all reclaimed material, and to do everything ourselves... And we had a great time doing it! We are relaxed and easy going, live next door, and are easy to reach ! We have been to Burning Man a combined 17 times and participate in many local art and music events. Come say Hi! we would love to meet you and ask us anything about Wilmington we have been here a good long time :)