Spacious & unique apartment in the center of Madrid, between Lavapiés & Cortes. Was once residence of a famous Cuban painter. Right in the very heart of old town and in walking proximity to many of the capital´s most famous sights & "must-do" attractions: Royal Palace, Puerta del Sol, Prado Museum, Plaza Mayor, etc. Beautifully furnished to the highest standard with antique pieces and top design. The silence, once you enter the apartment will make you doubt you are in the center of this big city
Located in a small and ancient road of the Ambassadors neighborhood of the Centro district of Madrid, and just two blocks away from the neighborhood of Las Letras in a late 18th century building (1790's), this spacious apartment of 150 sqm that was once home of a famous Cuban painter, has now been fully renovated and decorated in a contemporary style, with original pine wood flooring throughout and hidraulic cement in kitchen and showerroom. It has all been undertaken with a superb and loving attention to detail and homaging its previous owner with his full of color caribeean paintings. Once you enter the apartment, you will be surrounded by an incredible silence that will make you doubt you are in the center of a lively Madrid street. The focal point of the property is its almost 6 meter height in the living and dining area where the ceiling has been restored leaving the original wood beams seen and painted white to give even more light to this incredible bright space. This living and dining area have been furnished with highly confortable sofa and upholstered armchairs and a beautiful antique dining table and modern chairs that can be used either as dining or office table.
The stair in the living takes you up to the loft where the old ceiling has been replaced by a new modern glass ceiling. An electric blackout blind has been placed on the outside to avoid excessive heat and light in summer and that can be slided with a remote from the inside. This loft is the "open" second bedroom furnished with a sofa bed for two, a beautiful antique Swedish dresser and two Cuban cabinets to store the guests clothes.
The main bedroom is next to the living room and has two 90x200 cms (35"x 79") beds that can be arranged as king or two separate beds (total of 70" x 79"). It has a wall to wall closet with plenty of space for hanging and shelves. Besides air conditioned, the main bedroom and the living room have ceiling fans, very silent and controlled by a remote.
A door from the living room lets you step down into a bedroom attic with sloping ceilings where either an adult or two children can sleep. Note that the ceiling in this bedroom is very low and only meant to be used for sleeping.
The kitchen is separated from the living area by iron and glass walls giving it an industrial and modern look and letting it be integrated into the main space.
There is a modern full showerroom (note that it has no bathtub) with a big walk-in shower and a separate room with toilet and a small sink.
TV in living area and in main and third bedrooms. Internet and wifi, Gas for heating and for hot water, Air conditioning (not to be used at night from 11pm to 11am). Kitchen furnished with everything you would need: fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, oven, microwave, iron, coffee maker, juice squeezer, mixer, toaster.
Общение с гостями
We will arrange the check in time depending on your arrival. It is normally from 4pm but we will do our best to have the apartment ready for you asap. Anything you need during your stay, feel free to contact me, I am happy to help.
Другие важные подробности
Please note that whilst the building has NO elevator, and that the apartment is on the 2 ½ floor, the common stair is an easy one and you will not find it hard to go up and down.
The air conditioning which is only available from June to August is individual and only permitted to use between 11am and 11pm, due to the city and housing noise regulations.
-The house is rented through a company and is therefore obliged to pay taxes. Guests will need to give to the host an address and NIF or Passport number for invoices.
- Guests travelling with children need to agree before booking that they are aware the apartment doesn't follow the "Safe Kids Worldwide’s guidelines" and that children under 10-12 are under their parents supervision and responsibility. There are areas in the apartment where children under 10/12 should be supervised.
- Check in is from 4pm-9pm. (early check ins are unfortunately not possible unless agreed beforehand). There is no concierge in the building. Arrivals after 9pm may be subject to an extra charge.
- Remember to let us know your arrival time in advance.
- Although there is no elevator in the building and the apartment is on the 2 ½ floor, the common stair is an easy one and you will not find it hard to go up.
- 2 sets of keys to the home will be given in person upon arrival. Both sets should be left on the wood bench at the entrance inside the appartment.
- Check out is at 11:00 am, including all baggage. Cleaners will arrive at this time to clean the home so if you wish to extend your stay beyond this time, it must be cleared with me first.
-Please leave the home as you found it. If you can, please leave the towels and bathmats inside the shower.
- Please do not leave any unattended baggage in the common areas of the building (hallway, stairs, etc.) If you need to store it before your departure, please let me know.
.Beware of common stairs. They are over 210 year old and can sometime be a little slippery. There is a railing that we advise you to hold on the way down or up.
.BEWARE of LOW CEILING on some areas of apartment. Although there are areas over 5meter high, there are others where you will need to be careful -specially in the entrance and the wooden beam just going up the stairs on the loft-.
.Guests who do NOT RESPECT these RULES will LOSE their SAFETY DEPOSIT:
- SMOKING is totally FORBIDDEN in any area of the apartment. It is not allowed in any area of the whole building, from the entrance lobby.
-PETS are totally FORBIDDEN from ENTRY
- NO PARTIES or EVENTS are ALLOWED in the flat. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. That includes common areas like stairs and lobby. Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
- Unless otherwise informed, AC is available only from June to September. It is individual but only permitted to use during the day between 11am till 11pm. AC is not permitted between 11pm untill 10am in the morning.
I love getting lost and finding special places. I love music, food, cooking, movies and most of all I love creating spaces where people can feel at home.