You will never be at a loss for things to do in this fun and games house near Notre Dame campus. We offer a large, new, Pinterest-inspired patio with a cozy newly constructed fire pit area. In the basement, we have a 10' bar, a pool table that also converts to ping pong table, & air hockey, stocked with board-games and game consoles. 3 comfortable bedrooms upstairs and a fully stocked kitchen where you can whip up all the best snacks for game day!
Located in a safe and quiet neighborhood 3.1 miles north of Notre Dame, this ranch-style home has three bedrooms located on the main floor, each with Queen-size beds. The basement has a fold out twin-size futon for an additional guest. We also have 2 Queen air mattresses and a full sized sectional couch available for larger parties located in the furnished basement area. (Any larger parties can be accommodated upon request but these are not made up beds and need to be pre-arranged.) The house has two full bathrooms, one available in the Master Suite and the other is a shared hallway bathroom. Guests will also have access to the full kitchen with all working appliances. The living room on the main floor has a large TV with access to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, and 200+ cable stations. Bonus-- the Master bedroom has aTV that also has access to Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube.
We have a newly remodeled, Pinterest-inspired, back yard. The patio lounge is complete with a cozy sectional and a rustic-chic table with a large umbrella.
Guests also have access to a delightful and warm fire pit area--complete with Adirondack style chairs.
All of South Bend, including its iconic bars, shopping center in Mishawaka, South Bend Cubs, and Notre Dame are within a 15 minutes drive or Uber ride of the house.
We have a 10' Sports Bar in the basement with a 55" TV hooked up to video game consoles, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. Another 50" TV provides cable access to ESPN and 200+ other stations. We have a large yard in the back with a corn hole and patio set for parties. (Cardio equipment is also available on site.)
We are 2 miles south of Michigan providing quicker, easier access to Michigan's many vineyards and breweries.
If any other special accommodations are needed, they may be available upon request.
Video Game Consoles
Back patio-- We have newly remodeled back yard lounge! There is a fantastic lounge sectional as well as a dazzling rustic-chic 'al fresco' dining area. There are cozy cushions, dining chairs, and Adirondack chairs provided. There is a shed and storage container to store the cushions and chairs. The umbrella should be closed during inclement weather or when unattended. Please note guests assume financial responsibility to anything lost, broken, or left outside in bad weather.
Fire pit-- Newly installed fire pit area to make a cozy summer or fall evening even cozier! Make 'smores, play your guitar by the fire, or just enjoy the evening together chatting! Please note, no fire should ever be left unattended and guests assume all financial responsibility if any damages occur with use of the fire pit area. No accelerator should ever be used and food and drink items must be cleaned up.
Общение с гостями
We love to meet our guests when at all possible! We love to hear your stories and help make your stay as easy as possible. We are always available with as much or as little contact as our guests desire or need. We are always available to be contacted 24/7 during any stay and we are generally close by If there comes a time where there is any issue, we will be available.
Другие важные подробности
We are available for any questions, advice, etc. about the South Bend area. Anything that may be needed, please let us know. Also, check in and check out times are normally flexible but need to be arranged in advance.
**OVERVIEW: Listen, we hate having to lay out rules as much as you hate having to follow them. So we've identified the things that are REALLY important to us so please read them and be respectful of our needs so we can be great hosts for you...
* ASK BEFORE ENTERTAINING: We love a good party as much as everyone but this also isn't a frat house. We also would like the chance to help provide you with our many amenities (such as backyard games, BBQ tools, helping finding local fire wood, access to more tables and chairs etc). We are perfectly happy hosting people who are looking to entertain themselves and guests, however if you plan on having over people that are not included in your reservation, the host should be notified first
* OVERNIGHT GUESTS: All overnight guests must be approved in advance through the booking process and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the price. BE HONEST PLEASE. We have neighbors. We live near by. We can tell the difference between 4 people and 12. This is a STEAL of a place and we don't ask for much in return-- You get so much for NO CLEANING FEE and NO DEPOSIT! What a DEAAAAL, am I right!!!!??! 5 people one night and 3 people the next still make the same amount of laundry. REMEMBER WE DONT CHARGE A CLEANING FEE!!! THATS AAAAAHMAZING, right?
* COOKING: You are welcome to use the kitchen as your own to make anything you have brought yourself. Just as you would be grossed out to use dirty dishes, we also ask that you keep the kitchen tidy and put things back to how you would like to find them.
* DOGS: Please do not instant book if you plan on bringing your dog. We charge an additional fee for your pet's overnight accommodations that you must agree to in advance. We cannot commit to dog-sitting so unattended dogs must be crated. At this time we are currently ONLY accepting dog fur friends (along with their owners of course) in our home as guests.
* NO SMOKING: There is no smoking of any kind in the house or property including on the deck and around the firepit. If you need to smoke, you can step out to the curb and pocket your butt.
* QUIET HOURS: We prefer to keep it to a dull roar after midnight and before 7am. Ya gotta sleep some time. Our neighbors tend to not be pleased if it gets to be 3am and there are still loud noises. Getting a phone call in the middle of the night from our neighbors to tattle on you, is not our idea a good night's sleep either.
*DON'T SEE WHAT YOU NEED? ASK!: We'll do our best to anticipate what you may need by way of towels, blankets, or such. Shampoo, conditioner, and soap are available while you are staying with us. If you don't see what you need, please ask.
* TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENTS: If you are hot or cold, please adjust the thermostat in the hallway. We tend to keep the house about 3 degrees north of icicles and realize not all people like this. Adjust away! Make yourself comfortable!
* USE OF OUR HOME: You are welcome in all common areas of the home and our yard. We have newly remodeled back yard lounge! There is a fantastic lounge sectional as well as a dazzling rustic-chic 'al fresco' dining area. There are cozy cushions, dining chairs, and Adirondack chairs provided. There is a shed to store the chairs but all cushions should be brought inside the house when not in use or during inclement weather. The umbrella should also be closed during inclement weather or when unattended. Please note guests assume financial responsibility to anything lost, broken, or left outside in bad weather.
*THE BASEMENT: We have a large sports bar, video game entertainment center, loads of board games, and pool table that converts into a ping pong table and air hockey table! Please put things back how you found them, nobody likes to play with games that are missing pieces. And its kind of hard to play ping pong if you lose the paddles. Guests will assume costs for lost or damaged games/equipment. Speaking about ping pong-- we love beer pong (or Beirut if you're from New Hampshire) and flip cup and all kinds of fun games like this--but please do not play these near the felt. We have a fabulous table outside that is better suited for this anyways! Thank you.
*FIRE PIT-- We have a newly installed fire pit area to make a cozy summer or fall evening even cozier! Make s'mores, play your guitar by the fire, or just enjoy the evening together chatting! Please note, no fire should ever be left unattended and guests assume all financial responsibility if any damages occur with use of the fire pit area. The Fire Department being called, although close-by, would be a real downer to your vacation stay. No accelerator should ever be used, and food and drink items must be cleaned up to avoid the bears. No there really aren't bears but we do not want to attract animals or leave scraps of stuff behind that might be harmful to our dogs or your kids.
* ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR ISSUE: The key is, we're almost always just a few minutes away, just ask if you need something or want to know something. We appreciate the opportunity to make things more comfortable for you. If we aren't here, just text. We'll point you in the right direction.
**Whew! Now that we got that cleared up lets have some fun :)
My girlfriend Heidi and I run our Airbnb here in South Bend. We are both young professionals that share a love for food, music, sports, games, and most importantly travel and dogs (we have 3 that live in the property part-time). Heidi is bi-lingual in French and from all over. She grew up in Portland, Oregon and has resided in many exciting places throughout the country and world as an adult. I am born and raised in the South Bend area. This is our first fixer upper together. We love adding value, character, and fun to our home. It is always a work in progress but we enjoy the process of adding value to our home and showing pride in our property. We love to go new places and see new things. As we are both very outgoing we love hearing others' stories and getting to know people along our life journey and in our Airbnb guest and host experiences! We of course are not intrusive and are here as little or as much as you need us to be!