Historic home in West Downtown Dearborn. Enjoy a private room with adjacent private guest bathroom in our family home that Henry Ford built in 1921. My husband, Jono, and I look forward to hosting you in this wonderful city.
This listing is for the Maple Room. If you have a larger party, we have another room with a queen bed that might be available.
Come stay in this updated 1920s Georgian-style home. This bit of Dearborn history was commissioned by Henry Ford for his publicist, William J. Cameron, who was the first resident. Those of a certain age might remember Cameron’s voice from the Ford Sunday Evening Hour radio show.
This listing is for the third floor bedroom (one queen bed and one twin bed) and adjacent guest bathroom. My home office is on the other side of the third floor, but otherwise the floor is yours!
Hang out in the living room, relax with a book in the study, or shoot some pool in the finished basement. On chilly evenings, cozy up next to one of the fireplaces. On nicer evenings, we can get the fire pit going outside.
Common areas are the first floor, basement, and outside. Feel free to share these spaces with us. Off-street parking, free laundry, the basement bath, and the first-floor powder room are available to guests.
If you need the kitchen, let us know and we can plan for fridge space. Of course you can always store things like drinks, no problem.
Общение с гостями
Most likely, we will be around for your whole stay. We respect your privacy, but feel free to join us if you'd like to socialize. We enjoy meeting people of all types. We hope you feel welcome, whoever you are.
Другие важные подробности
Our household includes me (Maureen), my husband Jonathon, and our two long-term boarders, Mojtaba and Kaihan. We have two weird cats, Baby Kitty Monster and Robot Face the Cat, and one large, friendly, rambunctious dog, Bruin. We also have a small pond in the backyard with some fish and occasionally some frogs, named Pond Frog and Fluffy.
Please be respectful of the home that we work to maintain and preserve. A few specific things we ask:
• The party staying with us must make the booking themselves. We want to make sure our guests have a good experience, so we want to communicate with them directly.
• No smoking inside. You are welcome to smoke outside, but please don’t litter.
• Quiet hours from 10 pm to 8 am.
• Please ask before bringing guests in.
• Fires (fireplaces and bonfires) shall only be started by hosts. All can enjoy, but we must be present when starting and in use.
• Please leave common areas the way you found them. Personal belongings are best stored in your room.
• We’ll have your room and bathroom clean and fresh for your arrival, but we ask that guests tidy after themselves as necessary during their stay. Feel free to use the laundry to freshen towels or linens as needed.
• Internet may only be used for legal purposes.
• This listing is not available to be used as a filming or photography location.
С 19 октябрь 2017 - 01 ноябрь 2017 минимальная продолжительность бронирования — 1 ночь.
My husband, Jono, and I met in Boston, MA, and now live in the suburbs of Detroit.
I'm a social introvert. I crave in equal parts time watching TV and time hanging out with friends, new and old. I love community but when I hit my maximum socialization for the day, I've got a well-rehearsed Irish goodbye.