In the center where Reykjavík City‘s old heart beats stands a unique house that is owned by a family of artists who have left their mark on its every detail. The interior architecture is an interesting fusion of old Scandinavia and raw modern art.
The location is fantastic, with a view over the streets of the Old Town, surrounded by museums, galleries, cafes, restaurants and the Old Harbour.
If you love the unconventional and want to experience an artistic side of Reykjavík; this is your place.
One of Reykjavík's oldest houses, built in the year 1898 by the beloved Icelandic poet Einar Ben. The house was imported from Norway and one can see signs of its history here and there, such as markings on the beams.
The house is filled with artwork, paintings, photographs and ceramics by its owners which make it totally unique.
You will have the whole apartment to yourself, on the mid floor of the house with a wonderful view over the Old Town.
Upon booking you will receive a pass code for the key box, hence check in may be flexible -please contact the proprietor.
Общение с гостями
The proprietor is quite a seasoned traveler herself, speaks several languages and is well in tune with her beautiful country. She will be happy to be of assistance.
Please be advised you can contact the proprietor directly by phone from 3 pm - 5 pm GMT weekdays. Otherwise, email is best.
Другие важные подробности
- This is a whole apartment which is ideal for a couple but also works for a couple with 1-2 children. It also works for 2 couples travelling together as long as one couple is OK with for snuggling up a little as the sofa bed in the living room is 140 cm wide.
- Summer nights in Iceland are bright so sleep masks may come in handy for some (even though the windows have curtains).
- Water is in abundance, hot and cold. And don't be fooled to believe you have to buy water in Iceland - it's all fresh and natural spring water on the tap.
- Air conditioning is not needed at all in Iceland, hence not implemented.
- The house is as warm as you need it to be as there is plenty of radiators around.
- There is sugar, coffee and tea in the kitchen, and some basics like cornflakes and pasta which may come in handy for tired travelers.
- We may add a little flavour to your stay with little details here and there for you to enjoy, but we'll not disclose too much at this time. Surprises in a life flooded with information are underrated.
- Parking is included during your stay, which is quite a catch in the center of Reykjavík. By staying with us, however, you are in walking distance of countless attractions.
- This is one of Reykjavík's oldest wooden houses and is located so centrally that there may be some noises from the city's street life.
- Children's high chair is available upon request.
See you in 101 Reykjavík, in the old center where this young city began!
- Check-in is after 1pm
- Please do not leave any windows open when you leave.
- Please be careful with the artwork in the house.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the apartment.