Об этом жилье
Located in beautiful downtown Leadville, The Colorado Trail House is the perfect basecamp to explore the high country of the Rocky Mountains. Our 100 year old Inn has 3 king rooms, 1 Queen room, 1 double room, 2 bunk rooms, and a 4 bed dorm style room, all with private ensuite bathrooms.
At capacity, the house can be occupied by 20 people and we appreciate andencourage conversation and mingling but for any parties, late nights or heavy drinking, please visit some of our nearby establishments.
The Apartment is located upstairs of the main house. It is comprised of two separate rooms - The Evelyn Room and The Blue Room. There is a comfortable king size bed, a twin size sleeper and a set of bunks giving you a spacious 500 sq.ft room with two private en-suite bathrooms. The Blue bathroom (which is actually red) includes a shower over bath, sink and toilet. The Evelyn bathroom has a shower over a claw-foot tub, marble sink and high tank toilet. The upstairs floor is shared with 2 other guest rooms. There is an adjoining enclosed sun room in the Blue Room that has a twin size sleeper sofa in it. There is a 3" memory foam pad on top of the sleeper mattress which makes it more comfortable. Perfect to accommodate your fifth guest or child. If you don't find the sleeper comfortable enough there is an extra foam mattress stored under the king bed that you can use. The bay window has a ledge which you can sit on and take in the street life. There is a small love seat and dresser with mirror. Along with the sofa, the sun-room has a small desk and chair and a wardrobe and could also easily accommodate a pack'n'play, which we can provide on request. We have high-speed (as far as Leadville goes) wireless internet which reaches this room and all areas of the house including outside. The door that is closest to the top of the stairwell is the door you will use to lock off these two rooms creating your own large personal space.
The guesthouse has a communal style approach to accommodation. You can retreat to the privacy of your room or hang out in one of the common areas and meet and mingle with other guests. With our downtown location you can mix with like-minded outdoor enthusiasts and have a unique taste of what it's like to live like a Leadville local.
The Colorado Trail House is a B&B style guesthouse. Guests access the house via an electronically locked main entrance. You are given your own unique code prior to checking in and you may come and go as you please. All rooms have their own individual room keys. Guests may access all communal aspects of the house including the kitchen, dining room, lounge room, gazebo and hot tub (when in operation).
The house has quite good sound proofing, however we ask you to respect the other guests in the house and keep noise down after 10pm.
Общение с гостями
We live on site and will try and greet you on arrival and show you around the property. We do have a self check-in process that allows you access to the house, especially when we're not around, and directions to your room. We are always running errands and fixing things around the house, or playing with the kids, so we are likely to see you coming and going. We love a glass a wine and a chat and would love to sit and talk with each of you and share stories. But if you prefer, the house can also be very private and you can spend time in your room, or sit out under the gazebo or on the front porch.
There are 6 rooms in the main house and 2 in the carriage house and it can accommodate up to 20 guests at any one time, so you may find yourself in a big house on your own or if we have a full house (which is often the case, especially around event times) you may find the house full of a whole bunch of people, probably like-minded and often visiting Leadville to do the same thing you are.
Parties are not allowed and no extra guests without prior approval.
Другие важные подробности
There are 6 rooms available ranging from bunk beds to king beds. Please click on our profile to see all rooms and their availability.
Due to the communal and residential nature of the house we request a quiet time of 10pm.
This is a large share house and so the number one rule while staying here is RESPECT. Respect for the other guests, respect for the owners/host and respect for the house and its contents. We hate to harp on about the rules but being such a large house we have found that it’s better for everyone’s enjoyment if everyone knows what they should and shouldn’t do. If you wouldn’t do it at your mother-in-law’s house, or your grandmother’s house, you probably shouldn’t do it here either!
People (both old and young) from all walks of life, stay with us and there can be as many as 20 people staying at the house at any one time, so we please ask you to follow the rules below. We really want everyone to have a great time but any guests thought to be disturbing the vibe of the house or breaking the rules will be asked to leave.
• Quiet time is from 10pm. No loud noise after this time.
• No parties and no extra guests without discussing with the owners first. Please enjoy any excessive drinking at the nearby pubs and bars and Leadville has many for you to choose from that stay open late!
• The hot tub is for the use of all guests. Please shower before swimming. You may use the hot tub after 10pm but the quiet rule will be strictly enforced. Please switch of the high jets and light before leaving and close the cover. Not doing these things will overheat the motor and guests will be charged for the repair if this happens.
• Do not share your door code. There are many guests coming and going and we need people to know that they, and their belongings, are secure.
• Please do not enter a room that is not your own.
• Common spaces are for the enjoyment of everyone. Please respect these areas and keep these areas tidy.
• Winter Parking – please park parallel to the curb to allow for snow plows. Please minimise extra space and ensure three cars can park within our boundary line. Any fines given to us for incorrect parking will be passed onto the guest.
• Please do not use the wifi to download or view any copyrighted material.
• Standard room occupancy is shown in each room description. Extra beds/cribs and adjoining rooms are possible if we have them available. Please call us to confirm.
• All rooms are smoke free. Anyone caught smoking or leaving traces of smoking in their room will be charged a $25 cleaning fee.
• Rooms are not wheelchair accessible and there are stairs to access most rooms.
• Cancellations/Changes: If cancellation or changes are made 5 days before arrival you will receive a full refund. Cancellations made within 5 days of arrival, bookings made within 5 days, or no shows will forfeit their deposit.
• Our rates are inclusive of all taxes and fees unless otherwise stated.
• Check-in is from 2pm. Early check-in may be possible, please contact us ahead of your arrival to confirm. Late check-in (after 10pm) is fine but please give us a call to let us know if you will be arriving late so that we can make sure you get access to your room.
• There are no meals prepared at the property and rooms do not come equipped with any amenities however you're welcome to use all facilities in our kitchen and dining room. We provide basic breakfast items in our shared kitchen including coffee, tea, milk, eggs, bread, oatmeal, yogurt and we have most basic staples for cooking ie. oil, sugar, spices, butter etc.
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 5 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем всю сумму бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 5 дней до поездки, то мы вернем 50% стоимости всех ночей бронирования, кроме первой. Стоимость первой ночи не возращается.
У этого хозяина 587 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
We're an adventurous young family that likes getting outside. We like to travel, spend time with friends, climb mountains and play in the dirt. We run a trekking business in Nepal and spend a few months there each year. Rick is originally from Ohio but has lived in Australia for 12 years, Bec is originally from Australia and used to play the trumpet. We got married in a Vegas drive-thru so Bec wouldn't get deported. Also because I love her. We like to hike. A lot. One year we hike the Appalachian trail, we completed it with Bec seven months pregnant. The picture of her standing on top of Mt. Katahdin in Maine with a big bump sticking out of her shirt is pretty funny. Our daughters middle name is now Katahdin (I guess we're kinda hippies at heart) We now have two beautiful daughters Evie & Frances. Evie thinks it is normal to play barefoot in the snow. We won't tell her about our past life as bankers living in the city.
Overall we're pretty easy going people that enjoy the company of others and like to play. We'd love to help you plan your trip or sit around the gazebo sharing a beer. If you just want to slip in, get some rest, and slip out in the morning, that's fine too. Most of our rooms are very private and we actually live in a separate building out back. We look forward to welcoming you to our family on your next trip to Leadville!