It's all about comfort & convenience. I've poured it into this space for you!
- A quality bed with quality bedding
-A clean, well appointed bathroom with spa-quality towels
-A private and quiet space where you can rest or work without distractions
-Your own refrigerator, freezer, microwave and coffeemaker
-A central location with easy access to UT, Downtown, and major hospitals
-Easy walk to a 24-hour grocery, numerous restaurants and an ATM
-Free use of 2 Bikes
There is ample free street parking in front of the house.
Общение с гостями
I enjoy socializing with my guests, but also give them space if that's their preference.
Другие важные подробности
This location is properly licensed with the city of Austin. Lc OL(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
- I open my home to Airbnb guests because I enjoy meeting interesting people and introducing them to Austin. It’s a safe, clean home environment and as long as you respect it as such we’ll get along just fine. This is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable experience for both of us! I’ve tried to put the bare minimum into the rules and want to stress that these rules are for your peace of mind as much as mine.
- You will have the entire upstairs to yourself. I live downstairs. That’s it. I don’t host any other rooms. We both know who is coming and going
- Speaking of stairs...if they present a problem for you then this isn’t a suitable place for you to stay. If you aren’t strong enough to get your luggage up the stairs without bumping it along my new wood floor, then just talk to me. I’m strong and would much rather help you with your luggage than risk the scars.
- * Only the person(s) who made the reservation are accepted. If you don't look like your AirBnB photo, you will need to provide some official photo ID so I’ll know you are the person who booked the room (and whose profile and reviews I will have read.) If you're a business or government agency booking for other people, please contact me in advance to work it out.
- * Every guest has to be noted in the initial reservation. The more I know about who is staying and how you are traveling, the better I can have the room ready for you. For example, there are multiple sleeping options. There is the queen bed. There is also a sectional that I can convert into a comfy but narrower (30” vs 39”) twin bed. Yet another option is a Serta queen-sized air mattress. The more information I have, the more ready I’ll be. I also provide a welcome basket with complementary snacks and cold water in your refrigerator, so I want to make sure I have enough!
- * If you want to have family or friends over, please clear it with me first so I’ll know who is in my house. Non-guests are to leave by 10 pm.
- * “Quiet Hours.” Actually, I’m pretty quiet all day since I’m usually working from home. If you are keeping late hours please tread softly. If you want to crank up your music, I can loan you a nice set of bluetooth headphones.
- * Please wash your dishes and coffee carafe in the kitchen sink. Since you have a refrigerator, freezer, microwave and coffee maker in your room, you’re probably covered. Plus there are many great eateries within an easy walk. If you need more kitchen access, we’ll need to talk first.
- * You will no doubt notice the shiny espresso bar that is prominent in my kitchen. You may be tempted, but walk away from the light. Really, I mean it. This is a finely tuned system that has an exclusive relationship with only one barista - me. However, should you show up one day with a bag of fresh, dark roast whole coffee beans with a sweet caramel finish...well, I can probably be talked into pulling you a shot along with mine in the morning.
- * I’m not banning you from doing a load of laundry. But you do need to talk to me first. These machines aren’t as particular as the above referenced espresso machine, but I do want to make sure you know how they work before you dive in to do laundry on your vacation :(
- * Since you’ve no doubt read my profile, you know that I’ve been sucking wildfire smoke for many years. While the smell of a burning forest is a bummer, the smell of cigarettes or cigars puts me right over the edge. Don’t do it. Not inside, not outside.
- ILLEGAL STUFF
- * Not allowed in my house. And remember, this applies to the internet, too.
- OTHER STUFF
- No Children. No Animals.
I have so enjoyed staying in Airbnb and meeting hosts that I decided to become a host myself.
I have travelled extensively during my career as a fire information officer. Most of these travels have been in the western United States. And most of these wonderful places have been full of smoke during my stay. Ever seen the Grand Canyon fill up with smoke? I have.
Now I have settled in Austin and as a host, I'm excited to share with you all that I have discovered in this wonderful town.
When I travel, I make it a point to leave the space as good or better than I found it. I enjoy good food and intelligent conversation and am always ready to put those two together. I also like to find the cool and different architecture of a place, and the hidden gems.