Thank you for your considered review and opinion. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some of the points you have raise, in the effort that others are well informed.
1. Each guest receives specific, very detailed, information about how to find our house. It is easily understood and given with the understanding that finding places in a strange city, anytime, can be a challenge to some.
2. The home is located in a natural bush reserve location right on the edge of the Cataract Gorge, but almost in the city centre, therefore the entry/driveway is a little natural track, yes there are rocks on the side but plenty of space to drive carefully without any damage to vehicles - and the rocks are painted white to assist those who's driving skills may be challenged. We even have trucks go in and out of the driveway. You can also park in the sealed driveway. We supply pictures of this in our listing.
3. I am unsure why you think that letting you know where the laundry is located (because you had not read this before) is a stern reply. You cleaned the facilites well enough and we had no further issue with this. Our cleaners could rectify the problem.
4. The notes you refer to are meant to be helpful, so that all guests do the right thing. One note is about locking the doors. Many guests do not lock the doors and this compromises the security of the property. I have often arrived at the house to find the doors not locked. Another note reminds guests to please not put water on the bathroom floors. Unfortunately some guests tend to flood the floors with water by not putting the shower curtain in the bath or splashing water everywhere. This is a safety issue, as well as that, the water has damaged the vanity base. There is a note in the kitchen to ask that guests please wash up their dishes properly and put things away, again so many guests do not do this. So yes there are a few notes to try to help all guests do the right thing.
5. It is strange you have mentioned you felt you were imposing, yet on arrival you would have found we had left the heaters on for your late arrival, had soft music playing for you, left freshly baked cake, chocolates and other sweets for you. There was fresh fruit from our tree for you and there were ample supplies of tea, coffee, milo etc as well as other pantry items. These are not actions hosts take if they think people are imposing, it is more considered genuine hospitality.
I'm please you found the house "all in all a good house" in a lovely location. We do not fill the house with expensive antiques or fine china or glassware, specifically so that families can feel as ease. There are small toys and games for children to use whilst there, which most appreciate.
Generally our reviews state how clean and comfortable the home is and they have appreciated the efforts we go to to provide a lovley quiet place to stay. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.