This handsomely appointed 1,961 square foot, 4 bedroom Tahoe Donner home is perfect for family gatherings, reunions, retreats, and romantic getaways. Bedrooms are spread out between 3 floors - each floor with its own full bathroom. Open plan living/dining/kitchen is great for hanging out. A redwood deck encircles 3/4 of the home featuring forest views through tension wire railings and a built-in hot tub.
New listing! Be among the first to stay here and discover it's charms.
NOTE: this is NOT a party house, it is the home of the owner who frequently stays here too. We welcome all who can use the space respectfully.
• Gourmet chef's kitchen with black granite counter tops, new stainless steel appliances, including 6 burner gas stove.
• Bathrooms feature grey limestone tile surrounds and floors.
• Natural stone flooring on main level, Berber carpet in bedrooms and office.
• Vaulted wood-paneled ceiling with double stacked high windows creates a sun-drenched living/dining/kitchen open plan on main floor.
• Wrap-around redwood decks on 3 sides of home with tension wire railings.
• Deck includes built-in hot tub (protected beneath a roof that keeps it sheltered from rain/snow) and charcoal BBQ
• Dining room seats up six plus four additional folding chairs are available in garage.
• WiFi and high-end sound system utilizes AirPlay to broadcast your tunes throughout the house and back deck.
• Cable TV and Apple TV.
• Full sized washer/dryer on upper floor (outside master suite).
• New high end bedding including memory foam-topped mattresses and Restoration Hardware sheeting/duvet covers on every bed.
• Full sofa sleeper in office annex outside the master bedroom has high end AirDream foam/air bed topper that is just as comfortable as a real bed.
• Two-car garage has room for ski/sporting storage. Able to park up to 4 additional vehicles in the driveway.
• Entire home was recently remodeled by San Francisco architect, Todd Davis.
• Open plan living/dining/kitchen area means the center of the home is an active social core while the multi-level nature of the house allows for private/quiet spaces for relaxing.
• Restoration Hardware leather sofas, throws, suitcase coffee table, and bed linens in all bedrooms. Animal skin accent pillows and hand carved wood rocking chair in living room.
The property is conveniently located just blocks from Coyote Moon public golf course, a few minutes from restaurants and shops in Truckee, 20 minutes to premier ski areas (Northstar and Squaw Valley) and 8 minutes from Tahoe Donner ski area. The house is set back from the main road a bit but some car traffic can still be heard, especially when on the deck, even thought the hot tub and hang out area is at the rear of the building (furthest from the road). If you're wanting a remote and secluded feel, this may not be the space for you.
As a successful San Francisco restaurateur, the homeowner eschews gas in favor of an old school Weber grill which he believes to be the best and only way to enjoy grilled food. While it may take a little extra effort, we provide coals and an electric starter for your use.
TAHOE DONNER AMENITIES:
• Cross Country Ski Area: One of America’s premier Nordic skiing facilities With 51 trails.
• Downhill Ski Area: Known in the Lake Tahoe region as the “Best Place to Begin.” Three carpet lifts and world-class instructional staff make it a great place for learning to ski or ride.
• Snowplay: Located on a hill next to the Trout Creek Recreational Center, this is a perfect place for sledding and tubing. Fire pits, comfy furniture, hot chocolate and snacks
• Golf Course: The highest elevation course in Tahoe, known for the best greens in the region.
• Equestrian Center: Trail rides, pony rides, private lessons, horsemanship boarding, Saturday Night BBQs and other special events.
• Bikeworks: Offers bike rentals and guided rides on its extensive trail system, with a home base at the Alder Creek Adventure Center offering easy access into the pristine Eureka Valley.
Three nights minimum stay during federal holidays; however, last minute shorter stays may be available 1 week prior to booking -- please inquire to check on your dates.
Discounted weekly rates are available (10%).
Cusp (low) season: April/May and September/October
Summer (mid) season: June-August
Winter (high) season: November- March
Price includes 10% Transient Occupancy Tax and 2% Truckee Tourist Business Improvement District Tax (we are registered as Property Management RCN#830).
For stays of 12 days or longer, we require an additional cleaning fee of $240 and ask that the guest accommodate the cleaners by vacating the home for an afternoon at their convenience.
Absolutely no smoking inside the home.
You will have access to the entire home with the exception of two locked owner's closets/storage areas.
Общение с гостями
You can expect complete privacy and will not be disturbed... yet we are available for help or questions should you need it!
Другие важные подробности
PARKING: Parking is ok anywhere in the driveway area, or in the garage. Up to 4 cars can fit in the driveway easily. During winter season, please park so that the snow plow still has access to clear the driveway (park near the house or the sides of the driveway)
A thorough house manual is available on site. Here are a few important house rules to note:
1) Absolutely no smoking inside of home.
2) Be respectful of neighbors, keep loud talking/music on the deck confined to 9-9 on weekdays and from 10-10 on weekends.
3) Check in is any time after 4 pm. Check-out is by 11 am. Please ask the manager in advance if you wish to modify either of these times.
CHECK OUT RULES
•You are required to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by ensuring the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted, and sanitized (additional fees will be assessed if excessive cleaning is required). Any furniture/furnishings that have been moved should be placed back in their original locations.
•Strip all used linens from beds (NOT comforter covers - unless soiled) and leave in a pile on the floor in the room where they were used
•Start one load of towels in the washer.
•Leave no dirty dishes – place all dirty dishes in dishwasher and start cleaning cycle.
•Turn off all lights.
•Lock all doors, including slider doors in basement
•Turn hot tub down to 80 degrees