The House of Bamboo is an exquisite little gem in the heart of downtown, just a 5 minute walk from UNC and the epicenter of Chapel Hill. Tucked in a grove of bamboo, this well designed guest cottage feels larger than its petite size. Renovated in 2017, this sweet 1 bedroom pied-a-terre has mini-luxury touches throughout. Enjoy a well-appointed kitchen, Keurig coffees, ambient faux fireplace, smart TV w Netflix & a charming outdoor garden seating area, complete with tiki torches.
One bedroom, one bath cottage. Recently renovated- new floors, walls, sinks, granite counters, etc. New queen memory foam mattress in the bedroom, queen sofa pullout mattress in living room. A door separates the two sleeping areas. The home is well laid out but at just 440 square feet- it is ideal for a single person or a couple.
Please enjoy a bit of Zen in the pebbled bamboo garden.
The property has 2 separate houses, you'll be staying in the guest house at the rear, #303A. This guest house is yours alone. The pebbled garden area and patio seating outside your house is also yours alone, as is the single parking space immediately in front of the guest house / garage area. The front house (#303) is occupied by 3 lovely graduate students. The 2 parking spaces immediately behind their house are for them, please do not block or park in these spots.
Общение с гостями
Easy entry is provided with a custom door key code, allowing you to check in and out at leisure. Unless requested, we will not be on hand to meet you. We are readily available by phone and text. You may occasionally see us watering in the garden area, or taking the trash bins out to the curb. Please say hello if you'd like, we would love to meet you!
Другие важные подробности
Early check in and/or late checkout can sometimes be arranged (subject to change and with no guarantee).
There's an active fire station near the house. We hear sirens at least once a day and occasionally at night.
This is a college neighborhood and we sometimes hear rowdy kids making their way home from the bars up on Franklin Street.
The air purifier in the bedroom is great for white noise. Incidentally, we have not had any noise complaints from guests so far.
The large TV has Netflix but it does not have cable service or local channels. It's a new smart TV though, so it's possible to stream a feed from a website, or watch something on youtube.
The home has a cute screened porch but it currently has just one chair.
The stove vent fan and overhead range light on the microwave are currently not working.
Please do not book our home if you have fragrance or chemical sensitivities. I try, but I am not always able to use unscented & green cleaning and laundry products.
IMPORTANT: In the unfortunate event that a white supremacist / "southern heritage" / KKK type rally were to be scheduled in Chapel Hill during the dates of your stay- I'm sorry, but due to the risks of our downtown location- we would need to cancel your reservation. Guest safety is tantamount and we would recommend that you completely avoid downtown Chapel Hill and Carrboro during such a rally.
- Due to the proximity of the fire station to the house and the location in downtown, the house can sometimes be noisy, more so on the weekends. The air purifier in the bedroom can assist in providing white noise.
- Parking for one vehicle only.
- Please park in the spot immediately in front of 303A only & do not block the very narrow driveway.
- No smoking or pets.
- We keep the house extremely clean and pet hair is immediately evident on the blond floors and furniture. There is a non-negotiable $500 flea fumigation fee if a guest brings a pet.
- If wiping kitchen or bathroom counter surfaces, please only use windex.
- No candles or open flames in the house. Please feel free to use the tiki torches while outside.
- Mosquitoes are active during warmer seasons. For your sake and the sake of subsequent visitors please keep screened and front door closed as much as possible. FYI - Mosquito sprays are on hand in the bathroom cabinet and the tiki torches have citronella oil.
- Please respect our neighbors.
- 3 guests maximum, due to small size of home.
- Our downtown / college area location makes us extra wary of unwanted visitors (both people and critters). Please be vigilant in keeping doors locked, including your car doors. In addition, please keep opened food tightly sealed, please wash dishes promptly (or place in dishwasher), keep trash bagged and dispose of it in the receptacle outside before you leave.
- Children are permitted but please be aware that the matching ceramic lamps in the living room have a replacement value of $400 each. With a bit of notice we are happy to remove the breakable lamps in advance of your visit, there is plenty of overhead light in those areas.