Visitors are always amazed at how unusual my house is. Come and discover for real. A comfy sprung double bed with top layer of memory foam awaits you, next to it your own bathroom. Cosily decorated with ample sockets, seating for two + good storage. Electronic gated parking for car. Transport links are brilliant. Chalk Farm is an eclectic/leafy part of London: Camden Town, Belsize Park, Regent's Park, Primrose Hill, Hampstead, Swiss Cottage all walkable. Suitable for holiday or business.
Visitors are always amazed at how unusual my house is. Come and discover for real. It's a one off, built 20 years ago by a very ingenious architect who had to think creatively on how to get the most out of an odd shaped plot of land. The front is deceptive as when you walk in you find yourself in a surprisingly large, light-filled, airy lounge/dining room which has a very high ceiling. The bespoke door to the kitchen is enormously high in length. There is a large, four-panel, glass door that opens up onto a small balcony with a table for two. At the centre of the building is an unusual, concrete semi-circular stair-case, off which there is a 3rd separate loo for all to use, in addition to your sole-use bathroom and my ensuite. Also off the stairs is a back door leading to a small patio and barbecue area. Coming back to the dining/sitting room, there is a cosy yet modern in-built gas fire, and although the house has a modern feel, there are also a few, unique antique furniture pieces, including a rare one-handed grandfather clock, passed down from my family. So there's the modern and very old. I do love my home and hope you will enjoy it too
You are free to use the kitchen for light snacks (microwave) where there's a small table for four, but plenty of work surface. If you are staying for longer than 2/3 days you may want to use all the kitchen facilities. Please ask when you enquire to make a booking. My dining room table sometimes doubles up as an office so is not available for sit down meals. The kitchen is more private anyway as it has a door, whereas my dining table is part of my sitting room. You are most welcome to make hot drinks from a wide range of teas, instant coffee and hot chocolate. As the stair case is open plan you automatically have access to my dining/sitting room So, if I'm home, watching TV/working there's no missing me!! However your bedroom is totally self contained as you have your own TV/DVD combo and you are welcome to borrow any DVD. So you have you're own contained, private space. Either join me or feel free to use the balcony if not in use. There's use of a third, shared loo, so you shouldn't be caught short! There is also a second bedroom with double sofa bed, ideal for a second couple at great price at £30, as there is limited storage. This is only rented out together with the main bedroom.
Общение с гостями
Do ask, and if I can help, I will. I am always about, if not at home, through messaging. My aim is that you have a good time and maybe even visit again. :-). Also if there is anything not to your satisfaction then please let me know immediately so that I can put it right. I pride myself on very high standards, but if you are an individual who is particularly fussy, an extremely light sleeper or OCD on cleanliness, then my home is not for you. I do my very best but there are some people who will always find fault whatever one does; the worst being who say everything was fine, write a great review and then drop a star and I don't know what was wrong, so I cannot put things right. Lastly, if you damage anything please notify me immediately. Airbnb have an insurance policy but any claims need to be made immediately.
Другие важные подробности
I have an empty building next door to my property. It has been given planning permission to be re-developed into three maisonettes so a small project. I am still awaiting a starting date. If you're out most of the day it shouldn't be a problem. There are also strict laws when building work is allowed. Before booking please ask status so you are fully informed
1. Please treat my home as you would wish someone to treat yours.
2. IMPORTANT. Always lock your bedroom window when leaving and If I'm not about lock patio and balcony doors (if used) and put on alarm and lock front door. My home insurance is not covered if my home is not fully secured. IMPORTANT. When leaving DO NOT put key into top lock, just lock bottom lock. If you accidently double lock the top lock and I am in the house, you will effectively have locked me in.
3. Please take off your outer footwear, more so if it's wet. You are most welcome to leave them by the front door, if you like. Hard outer ware scuffs the paint on the staircase, exposing lighter coloured cement.
4. You are free to use toaster and microwave in kitchen, plus condiments, butter, jam, salt/pepper etc, but please clean up afterwards. You have your own kettle in your bedroom as well as teas/coffees. Let me know if they're running low during your stay so I can replenish.
5. IMPORTANT – only use white china plates or your mugs in microwave. Anything metal will cause sparking and danger of fire.
6. I would prefer no food in the bedroom so no lingering smells and please take care with hot drinks, avoiding spillages. Please use coasters provided. You are welcome to use the kitchen table and chairs.
7. Particularly in the summer, please open the window and remember to lock it after having a shower. You need to have the light on to use the extractor fan in the bathroom. I'd appreciate it if you switched it off after use. Also think green with all light switches - switch off after use.
8. There is a brown towel in your bathroom. I would really appreciate if you could use it to wipe around the sill when you have finished showering, to prevent build-up of mould. Should take only a few seconds.
9. No overnight guests. Quiet time after 10pm
10. If you're unhappy with anything please tell me immediately so that I can put it right and gain a good review from you.
My aim is to give you a good experience so that you will come again and recommend me to your family and friends. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions regarding transport links, eateries, and anything else I may be able to help you with.
Easy going and look forward to meeting new people from all walks of life. Children flown the nest. Love all things Arts, from museums to art galleries, plays to films, guided historic and cultural walks, architecture, great music fan (most genres, except country and head bashing stuff), poetry club and have recently taken up Argentine Tango!! London is just one of the best places to be for such a diverse, cultural heritage and a lot of things are free. I regularly visit a sports centre which is just 10 minutes walk away and has a gym and a children's pool and a separate, what I call, proper adult pool.I particularly enjoy swimming and water work out classes to get those endorphins going. I like to eat healthily, but have a weakness for chocolate. I have had four professions: journalist, domestic engineer, mature student and counsellor. I believe you should live life to the full and enjoy learning from one another's rich experiences. Kindness goes a long way.