Once known as Ceol na Habhainn, Gaelic for 'music of the river', No.3, is a traditional stone built Eco-cottage (with its own private wood fired cedar wood sauna), in a tranquil riverside setting in the village of Stradbally, perfectly placed to explore the beautiful and wild Dingle Peninsula.
The accommodation comprises of:
- Ground floor open plan living room with log burner and background electric heating.
- Fully equipped kitchen with all you need to self cater, including dishwasher, hob, oven and microwave, and a breakfast bar with seating for 4.
- Bathroom with on demand shower, toilet and luxury underfloor heating.
- A cosy Scandinavian cedar wood sauna heated with a second log burner (or electric heater if you prefer), perfect for warming you up after a day of water sports or mountain walking.
- First floor open plan mezzanine bedroom with double bed.
- Second floor twin room with sea view.
The garden area has a peaceful and sheltered terraced seating area overlooking the babbling river, perfect for planning your day over a cup of coffee, or having a relaxing evening BBQ. There is also private parking.
Общение с гостями
There is a small private alleyway dividing our home and your's so we won't be disturbing each other, but we are within easy reach to answer any questions, fix any problems or just have a good natter if you wish. My wife works full time but I'm generally not too far away if you need anything.
Другие важные подробности
Eco home credentials:
Much of the materials in No.3 are reclaimed and up-cycled, and where this wasn't possible we have tried to choose environmentally friendly alternatives, such as native larch cladding, sheeps wool insulation, and recyclable steel roofing. Heating is from either 'carbon neutral' log burners, off peak electricity or air source heat pump.
For most of the year the river runs very gently but on occasion after heavy rain it can become quite powerful. For this reason and because of the terracing we would advise small children not be left to play unsupervised in the garden area.
Bed linen and towels provided, and also tea, coffee, and home baked cookies for your arrival.
Maximum 4 people.
No parties please and not too much noise between 11pm and 7am.