Superb two-story with pool & cabana. (Note: we love families, couples, singles, well-behaved pets, you name it, but a caveat: this is *not* a frat party house. No events or parties can be permitted). Storybook design in beautiful upscale neighborhood on San Diego's peninsula. Close to boat/kayak channel, Liberty Station, beaches, airport, etc. Master BR is huge (w/sitting room). 2BR, 2BA + a single bed off kitchen common area. Rollaway avail for a 6th (add-on $50 guest fee, after 4 guests).
Curtis Cottage: Beautiful 2BR, 2BA with private pool (sleeps 4, but can sleep 6 with rollaway) with convenient 10-minute access to airport (in flight path *note* there are NO flights allowed in or out between 11pm and 7:00am), and short walking distance to boat channel (1/4 mile) while looking at view of downtown San Diego, Lindbergh Field, Coronado Bridge, and on a clear day, Mexico; also, walking distance to Liberty Station’s myriad restaurants, bars, shopping, and movie theater. And in the opposite direction, a 2-mile stroll to quaint Ocean Beach, with wide beach, long pier, restaurants, bars, and shopping. Sea World and Balboa Park are 15-minute drives. Downtown San Diego and harbor are an easy 3 ½ -mile walk. This is a spacious 3-BR house, but one bedroom is closed off, so it’s available with one bedroom upstairs and one down —upstairs master bedroom is very large w/sitting area—and there are two full baths, also one up and one down. Backyard swimming pool available every day except Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. House has central AC, parking, and washer-dryer. Lovely garden in front, and deck and cabana in backyard. Maintenance on 24-hr. call.
Access to all of the house, except one bedroom upstairs (it is closed off). Access to all of private backyard with full use of deck, pool and cabana. No entry to the pool utility room--sorry.
Access to laundry room (back of the property), but not the garage per se.
Общение с гостями
Maintenance person on 24-hour call. Host (or on-call substitute) always available via text/phone.
Prospective guests required to read very basic house rules (on this site). A subsequent booking will serve as confirmation/acceptance of these rules.
Другие важные подробности
Well-behaved, housebroken pets welcome (except on the living room sofa, and note there is a $50 surcharge per pet per visit). Kids welcome. Everyone welcome except party people who bring in a band, too many guests, and enough alcohol for a party of 50 (it's happened). Please be respectful of neighbors! No noise after 10pm. Note: Any conversation on the deck is audible to the next-door neighbor on the left.
NO DIVING in the pool and swim at your own risk. Sorry, the spa is not available.
2. Please be mindful of noise after 10pm (so as to keep our very nice neighbors nice), and park in the driveway if at all possible.
3. Kids and select pets welcome (pets= $50 xtra per stay). Pets and children must not be unaccompanied in the house.
4. No parties or large events, unless cleared by property mgr.
5. Curtis Cottage is in one of the (3) Lindbergh Field flight paths. There is a landing and take off curfew, from 11pm to 7am-- no flights in or out between those times. Curtis Cottage has been noise-abated, but if out-of-doors during a busy flight time, you *will* --full disclosure-- see and hear planes. Complete house rules and info follow here:
This Lease Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between Airbnb host (“Homeowner") and (“Guest") as of the date last set forth on the agreement made via the (website hidden). For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property definition: house, and swimming pool and its immediate environs. The property address will be disclosed to guest no later than one week prior to tenancy.
2. Rental Party. The rental party shall consist of Adults and Children (under age 18). The number of guests is limited to five persons. Additional guests staying the night beyond the agreed-upon number is not allowed. Any guests found staying at the house over the agreed number at the time of reservation will be charged a $200/night fee, taken from the deposit.
3. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 11:00am on (the “Check-in Date") and ends at 11:00 am on (the “Check-out Date"). No refunds are issued for late check-in or early departure.
4. Rental Rate and Fees.
As listed in the Airbnb reservation system and subject to change. Refer to the official reservation for details.
5. Security Deposit. The Security Deposit is required to protect Homeowner from loss or damage to the Property, including the house, its furniture, the swimming pool, and other contents located on the Property. Any damage to the Property during the term of the lease or additional cleaning required will be paid from the security deposit. Guest will be responsible for any excess cost of repair or replacement required as a result of damage caused by the Rental Party or other invitees during the lease term, and Guest shall pay the same promptly to Homeowner upon written request, provided such written request is accompanied by documentation of such excess costs of repair or replacement.
6. Rental Rules. Guest and all members of the Rental Party shall abide by all local, state and federal laws and regulations at all times in conjunction with the rental of the property. Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property (“the Rental Party") to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. At the termination of this Lease, Guest shall quietly yield up the Property in good and habitable condition in all respects, as it was when the Guest took possession.
7. Liability. Guest and all members of the Rental Party personally assume all risks of property loss or damage and physical injury or death that exist or may exist in connection with use or occupancy of the Property, including grounds and the swimming pool. Guest and all members of the Rental Party release Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim for damage, accident or injury that and any members of the Rental Party may sustain from use or occupancy of the Property, including the swimming pool, during the term of this Lease Agreement and agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim, action or proceeding by Guest and all members of the Rental Party, their family, estate, heirs or assigns related to a claim for damage, accident or injury during the use or occupancy of the Property.
8. Access. Guest shall allow Homeowner and their agents, upon request, to enter the property at all times for purposes of repair, improvement, and inspection.
9. Other. Guest shall not assign the lease or sublet the Property. The terms of this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, San Diego County.
10. Cancellation Policy: Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
- The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
11. Payment: Payment is received through the Airbnb processing system.
The parties agree to the terms of this Lease Agreement.
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES
1. Absolutely no smoking permitted inside home. Absolutely NO diving in the swimming pool (note: it is shallow at both ends ... it is not kept heated and spa is not available for use unless cleared by the property mgr ... pool equipment area is a no entry area). Failure to abide by these rules will result in full loss of Security Deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a full loss of Security Deposit.
3. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the Property—this includes the swimming pool. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. There is no landline phone.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Use appliances only for their intended uses. Household items (towels, utensils, games, etc.) are not to be removed from the Property.
6. Be respectful of neighbors and keep music at reasonable level during the day. Please refrain from noise after 10:00 PM. Any noise complaints from neighbors will result in the complete (100%) loss of the security deposit.
7. Pets are not permitted on living room furniture. The sofa is not an extra bed.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, but we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
9. The Property is well equipped with kitchen essentials such as seasoning, condiments, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. If you use such items please be courteous and replace prior to departure.
10. Prior to departure:
a. replace all chairs, cushions, games and equipment where originally located;
b. remove all perishable food from kitchen/refrigerator/freezer;
c. place all used dishes in the dishwasher;
d. strip all used beds
e. clean up and properly dispose of all trash in the outside (in lattice shed) garbage and recycling bins
f. turn off all lights and furnace and/or AC
g. please bring in any mail and newspapers and leave on kitchen counter
11. Please treat our home as if it is yours and have fun. :P
I am a novelist, reader, walker, and native Californian who travels frequently with my partner, a professor. We enjoy art, architecture, museums; we also love movies, theater, dogs, concerts, sunsets, good food and wine. We sometimes even like bad food.