Relax and nourish your creativity at Spirit Wind, our spacious + architecturally significant home in the desirable Upper Friendly Hills area of Joshua Tree surrounded by acres of native cacti, Joshua trees and wildlife. It's the perfect place to spend quality time with friends and family. Hammock circle! JUST ADDED: Hot Tub!
Welcome to Spirit Wind in Joshua Tree!
- JTNP. Joshua Tree National Park West Entrance just 5 minutes away.
- RE-UP. Eat and shop in Joshua Tree Village just 5 minutes away.
- SKY. The desert stars and moon here are so close you could touch them. Satisfy your curiosity by peering at them through the Spirit Wind telescope. Stargaze with your friends in the hammock circle.
- VIBRATIONS. Spirit Wind is made for music! Spin the house vinyl or your own favorite records on Spirit Wind's vintage mid-70s Dual turntable. Curved walls give the house awesome acoustics. Play the house guitar, do a song circle.
- LIFE. Get your wild on! Hang with Spirit Wind's abundant bunnies, quail, dove, roadrunner and owls. Explore the property's many joshua trees, cholla and beavertail cactus, and other native plants. Then at night listen for the coyotes' moonlight rustle and howl.
- ALIGNMENT. Get centered and relax deeply. Spirit Wind is designed to harmonize with the planets -- windows and walls align with sun and moon to trace and make manifest equinoxes of both Spring and Fall.
= Rooms, Beds & Bedrooms =
* Entertain in style using Spirit Wind's complete gourmet kitchen -- six burner stove -- place settings for 12.
* Dining table comfortably seats 10, plus 4 more friends or family at counter seating.
* Evenings enjoy outdoor drinks around the fire pit. Cook burgers to a turn on the Spirit Wind grill.
* Master Bedroom - With private master bath looking squarely out on the desert you can shower or bathe fully bathed in morning sunlight. Twin sinks, elegant soaking tub with room for two, and private balcony with bench. Toilet area is continuous with the rest of the suite, if you're ultra-modest a private bath is a few feet away. Second floor, King bed.
* West Wing Bedroom - Cozy and private on the second floor with a King bed.
* Crows Nest Bedroom - Perched high on the third floor up a spiral staircase above everything, includes a meditation alcove. Privacy curtain. Queen bed.
* Opium Den - Lounge with your friends and enjoy expansive desert views from this charming area off the living room. Easily accommodates 2 for sleeping.
* Gallery - Second floor at the base of the spiral stairs near the West Wing bedroom. Convertible modern couch unfolds to queen size for sleeping.
* Library - Hang out and feed your mind with art objects, picture books and the telescope in this high-ceilinged plush carpeted space.
On the Spirit Wind property there are other awesome spaces you may be interested in renting separately, please ask us. The owners or other guests may be staying here too:
* Beavertail, a detached guest house with loft which comfortably sleeps 4.
** Events -- We cannot accommodate and do not permit gatherings or events such as weddings at Spirit Wind. Guests at Spirit Wind are permitted to bring only the number of guests booked in their reservation, and no more, onto the Spirit Wind property. This a maximum of 10 people. Feel free to inquire if you have questions. **
** Filming and Photography -- Contact us directly, again this isn't a booking done through Airbnb. Be ready to provide commercial production insurance with Spirit Wind specified as one of the insured; shoot time and duration; equipment list; vehicle list...and more. There is more that goes into allowing you to use our property for production than can be encompassed within Airbnb. We'd arrange payment via Airbnb but all the details of a location booking would be arranged mostly outside Airbnb. Our location rates vary depending on project and needs.**
Общение с гостями
We love meeting guests and we often stay in one of the other units on the property. We divide our time between Joshua Tree and L.A. so we make it easy for our guests to arrive at their convenience and without our having to be there.
Другие важные подробности
The master bedroom suite is quite private from the rest of the house, behind a heavy door. However, within the master bedroom suite itself the master bath toilet area is not completely closed from the rest of the suite. So be warned -- if you're extremely modest with your significant other, this bedroom's layout might not suit you! If this is the case you can always use the West Wing bath which is just a short distance away.
3 Car Maximum - We are trying to preserve and restore the fragile desert landscape at Spirit Wind which means our driveway space is limited. For this reason guest groups must have a maximum of three (3) vehicles unless prior arrangements are made with us in advance.
Spirit Wind has its own private patio and grill but please be aware that other outdoor amenities such as the hammock circle and horseshoe pit are shared with guests staying in the guest house. Make new friends! :-)
The nightly rate includes 7% Transient Occupancy Tax as required by San Bernardino County. Currently Airbnb doesn't provide any way to separately include this tax.
Spirit Wind is equipped with systems to help keep guests comfortable and secure. Indoor and outdoor lighting is on a home automation system which ties to dusk and dawn. Additionally we have outdoor security cameras to monitor exterior areas around Spirit Wind including the driveway, patio and hot tub areas.
* CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT. Check-in time is 4:00 PM. You may arrive between 4:00 PM and 12:00 AM (midnight). Check-out time is 11:00 AM sharp. Between 11:00 AM and 11:15 AM our cleaning crew will enter and begin cleaning.
* EVENTS. No parties or events without prior written approval.
* FILM AND PHOTO. No filming or photo shoots for commercial purposes or parties, weddings, or other events without permission.
* PETS. Absolutely no pets - your furry pals will have to make other arrangements
* 3 CARS MAXIMUM. Three (3) cars maximum without prior approval. Park the first and second vehicles next to the house, close to the front door. Park the third car on the far west side of the driveway, near the woodpile.
* NO VEHICLES OF ANY KIND OFF DRIVEWAY. It is absolutely forbidden to drive your vehicle anywhere other than the driveway. "Vehicle" here includes any wheeled thing whatsoever, such as a car, truck, motorcycle or bicycle. NEVER drive in the front yard or backyard. A car's weight harms the fragile desert landscape and could crush septic system components. Guest acknowledges that driving or riding a vehicle off driveway by any member of guest's party will result in forfeit of security deposit.
* FLORA/ FAUNA. Do not harm the plants, animals and bugs of Spirit Wind. This is their home, we are just visiting.
* NO CAMPING OR SLEEPING OUTSIDE. For example, no sleeping all night in the hammock circle. The hammocks are not intended for sleeping.
* AMPLIFIED MUSIC. We don't permit amplified music or sound outside at any time.
* NO OUTDOOR NOISE AFTER 10:00 PM. Please refrain from loud noises and anything else you think might disturb and annoy the other guests and neighbors. If you are outside late at night you should be quietly looking at the stars.
* NO DRONES. Guests who fly drones or any kind of unmanned aircraft on or over the property will be asked to leave immediately.
* NO GOLF. Guests who drive or hit golf balls will be asked to leave immediately.
* DON’T MOVE THINGS AROUND. Do not move indoor furniture outside. Do not move outdoor furniture inside. Do not move plants. Do not move the TV or turntable. Do not take pillows and bedding/blankets outside.
* WOOD STOVE. If you want to use the wood stove, you must read the “How to Use the Spirit Wind Wood Stove” document we provide. Follow all instructions and safety precautions. Do not leave a fire burning unattended. We often provide a little wood but in general you need to buy your own (e.g. from Home Depot 10 minutes away in Yucca Valley). Don’t hesitate to call or text us if you are uncertain about how to use the wood stove.
* OUTDOOR FIRE. No outdoor fires except in the provided propane fire pit! The San Bernardino County fire department is very strict about fires.
* ROWDINESS. Do not cause damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties.
* SAME AS YOU FOUND IT. The house is professionally cleaned prior to each guest's arrival. When you leave, do your best to leave the property in the same condition as when you arrived. The only exception is, please do NOT make the beds -- if a bed has been slept in this needs to be clear to our housekeeper.
* NO RENTING ON BEHALF OF OTHERS. Guest is an adult and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants may be family members, friends or adult acquaintances. Others may be denied access to the premises.
* UNAUTHORIZED GUESTS. Guest will not allow overnight occupancy of the unit exceeding the number of guests stated on the reservation confirmation. We ask that you do not bring additional/unauthorized guests to the house unless receiving prior approval. This includes having a party or hosting an event.
* SUBLETTING. Do not sublet the property in any way.
* BOOZE. Please don't use the premises for any illegal activity, including serving alcoholic beverages to people under 21.
* SMOKING. Don't even think about smoking in the house. If you must smoke, do it outside and collect and throw your butts away in the trash can.
* SEPTIC. The property uses a Septic System for waste disposal. Please do not discard anything in the sinks or toilet other than the provided, septic safe, toilet paper because it will clog (which means you will not be able to use the toilet, shower, and sink).
* DELICATE STUFF. Please exercise extreme caution when operating the telescope, binoculars and turntable.
* TOWELS. Guest agrees to pay for towels which following guest's stay are too stained to wash clean (e.g. from makeup removal) at the rate of $15 per bath towel and $5 per hand towel.
* CAREFUL. Please treat the space as if it were your own - use coasters, pick up after yourselves and if something happens to happen just let us know! Please safeguard the premises including, landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances and all mechanical, electrical and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary.
* HOLD HARMLESS. By renting our property, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner and Owner's Representative from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, cost and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage or injury to Occupant, Occupant's guests or licensees or their personal property.
* HOT TUB AVAILABILITY. We strive to keep out hot tub in top condition and ready for guest use, but due to the variety of variables regarding spa water conditions, circumstances may arise which prevent safe or enjoyable use of hot tub for some or all of a guest's stay. Should this occur, guest agrees that compensation for inability to use hot tub is limited to $15/day.
* WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR HOT TUB. You understand use of hot tub is at your own risk and that special risks may be involved in using the hot tub. You accept full responsibility for any bodily injury arising from use of the hot tub and hold owner harmless. You understand there are potential dangers that the hot tub may present to children who are not carefully supervised, as well as the danger to any person using the hot tub, or if a person has health risks, or if a person uses the hot tub while intoxicated or using any kind of drugs or medication, or uses the hot tub if pregnant. You agree to explain the risks of using the hot tub to any guests you may have at the property and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents your guests may incur. You understand the risks discussed above and agree that you will assume all responsibility for yourself and your guest for the consequences of those risks. You agree to waive any claim whatsoever against owner for accidents or claims arising from your guests’ use of hot tub.
* CONSEQUENCES. In any case of improper use of the premises, the guest and any other occupants may be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee.
* UNSURE. Not sure if something is allowed? Just ask us. Text Jonathan and Patty.
У этого хозяина 90 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
We split our time between our homes in Echo Park (Los Angeles) and Joshua Tree, California. We love the city and the solace of the hi-desert. We love architecture, art, design, renovation projects, plants, textiles, traveling, snorkeling, meeting new people, etc.
Once a year we try to take a big international trip. Recent adventures have taken us to Bali, Hong Kong, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Turkey...
Patty is originally from Cleveland, Ohio. She has a BFA from the Cleveland Institute of Art and a masters degree from the University of Pennsylvania. These days she is an artist/designer and realtor. She sells homes in NELA and the desert. Jonathan grew up in Los Angeles and graduated from UCLA. He is a network engineer in the entertainment industry.