Save time when commuting from the Bay Area or Sacramento. Walk across the street to beautiful Donner Lake with the large community beach, tennis courts, playground, paddle boat rentals and concession stand steps away. Only 10 mins to Downtown Truckee & 15 to Historic Truckee.
Parking for up to 5 cars (NOTE on July 4 only 1 car may be parked here; any others need to be moved in the morning). Wood burning fireplaces indoors and out. Easy access to golf courses, fishing, major ski resorts.
This large house has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathroom, cozy living room with a large fireplace. There are a total of 9 beds and 2 sofas so there are plenty of ways to organize your group. Fully remodeled and equipped kitchen with heated floors and coffee and espresso machine. Laundry room available to guests staying 6 or more nights.
There is a small studio in-law unit that has its own access at the front of the house. It is not included in this rental but it is also listed here. If you have a large group, you can book both units with a discount!
We use a key box so you can arrive and depart without any trouble.
Общение с гостями
We make every effort to respond to your needs. Please text, call or email with questions or concerns. We provide a handout of helpful information on the house and local options.
Другие важные подробности
We are happy to host well-behaved dogs. Please note that we charge a pet fee between $100-200 depending on the location of the dog, the type of dog (shedding, etc) and the length of stay. We use pet safe snow melt for ice. We require all guests to clean up after their pets and to keep pets under control and on leashes outside of the rental unit. The park across the street is open to dogs except for Memorial Day through Labor Day. The Donner State Park is at the far end of the lake and it hosts hiking paths, a dog beach open year round, and a display on the Donner Party.
All trash must be placed in the Bear Box near the street. This is imperative for our safety.
There is no smoking in the house.
We allow arrivals any time between 3pm and 10pm.
Please be respectful of your neighbors. Quiet time is from 11pm until 7am. Do not disturb the tenant in the front unit.
What to Do Upon Arrival:
1. Please locate the security camera to the right of fireplace on the mantel. Cover it with a cup when you arrive, but be certain to remove the cup so the camera functions when you depart. This is an important safety item.
During the Winter:
2. Adjust the thermostat just over the sofa in the living room. Remember to turn it down before you depart.
3. There is a thermostat near the bar stools for the kitchen floor. If you turn it on, turn it off before you depart
4. Turn on the water. The panel is across from the bathroom door on the ground floor. Remove the panel and turn the large bronze handle outwards (towards you) so it is no longer flush with the wall.
Parking Once there is snow, you must park close to the street. If there is no snow, you may park behind the house or straight ahead at the back of our lot near the tree. If you have mobility issues, you may park by the railing along the side towards the middle of the house by the large red door – but be mindful during winter of snow that may fall and leave 10 feet between the railing and your car.
Linens We provide standard sheets, comforters & towels. Please bring your own beach h towels.
Departure Departure is by 11am. Prior to departing, please help us by doing the following:
Winter Essential Items:
1. Turn thermostat to 55 degrees and presss HOLD.
2. Turn off kitchen floor heat.
3. Turn off the wate by pushing the large bronze handle flat to the wall and replacing the cover panel.
1. Remove the cup from the security camera and make sure it is pointed towards the living room/kitchen.
2. Strip the sheets and pillowcases that were used.
3. Pile used towels in the bathrooms.
4. Run the dishwasher
5. Place all trash and recycling in the bear box by the street – this is a safety issue.
6. Close windows if you opened any.
7. Close fireplace dampers (if you used the fireplace)
8. Recover the grill (if you used the grill)
9. Return any used sporting equipment to where you found it.
10. Place the TV remote on the mantel in the living room; place the other remotes immediately next to those TVs
Sand: If you visit the beach, please be mindful of sand on yourselves and your possessions and shake off shoes, towels, etc. before entering the house.
Fireplace: The use of the fireplace is limited to Duraflame and similar products. Please review the instructions on how to open and close the flu. If you have any questions, please contact us and do not use the fireplace until you are clear on its operation.
Fire Extinguisher: There is a fire extinguisher in the kitchen in the event of an emergency.
Food You will find tea, coffee, spices and oils in the cabinets to the left of and immediately above the oven and condiments in the doors of the refrigerator. ALL other food you may find belongs to us and we ask that you not eat it. Please dispose of any half-eaten pizza and spoilable items before departing.
Laundry Laundry may be used by guests staying 5 days or longer. Laundry hours are 9am to 8pm.
Pets If you have made prior arrangements with us, we are happy to host your well-behaved dog. We charge a pet fee of $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)sed on the type of dog (shedding, etc) and the length of stay. We use pet safe snow melt for ice and natural products in the garden to protect our furry friends. All guests must clean up after their pets and to keep them under control and on leashes outside of the rental unit.
У этого хозяина 273 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Travel is fun and exciting but can be hard on the wallet. It doesn't have to be that way. Email if you have questions, especially if your requested dates are in the near term and I will do my best to work with you!
Having spent more time than I care to remember in sterile, uninviting hotel rooms, I was initially attracted to vacation rentals as refreshing, and often more affordable, alternatives. What I found were the same white walls and beige furniture or, even worse, cluttered rooms and Aunt Edna's donated dilapidated couch in the living room. Well, welcome to something different. Take a break from your busy schedule by relaxing in clean, inviting rental that that feels enough like home that you're immediately comfortable while being so special you'll look forward to your return. Many of my guests have been back 2 or 3 times, and some have found themselves venturing across the country to check out another Red Hot Vacation Rental.
My places are located in Chicago, Miami Beach and San Francisco. I've lived in all 3 cities and am happy to suggest hidden local gems or recommend the best nearby dry cleaner.