Come stay in the heart of the new downtown, 2 blocks from the restaurants and shops of upper King and only a few minutes more from everything else the city has to offer. Large queen bed and queen sleeper sofa, fully equipped kitchen, clawfoot tub and even more luxuries.
This apartment is uniquely at the intersection of newly-built luxury and historical charm. It just had the finishing touches put on in January 2016, so it is brand new. However, it is an addition to a lovely Caribbean-inspired Victorian house built in 1886, so that facade is what you will see from the street. Charleston suffered a large earthquake in August of 1886, and even though the house was not yet finished it withstood the earthquake that destroyed hundreds of other bigger, stronger buildings nearby. It was repaired and finished before the year's end. The materials, decor and furniture chosen for this addition are a mix of salvage from the original house, antiques, and reproductions. This is intended to reflect the eclectic range of styles that were most prominent in the house as it was found.
This light-filled hideaway is a quick walk to most of the main museums, theaters, music venues, parks, and of course our excellent shopping. Nothing on the peninsula is more than about a mile away. There is a free bus that is easy to pick up, rickshaws, and of course you can always grab an Uber!
It is also only a five minute walk from the best restaurants and bars on Upper King Street, directly across the street from Sugar Bakeshop and a block away from the world famous Hominy Grill. A food lover couldn't ask for a better location!
Some special features of this apartment are:
-ability to sleep four with queen size premium mattress sofa bed
-a spacious roof deck with a view of the Ravenel Bridge complete with pool chairs, table and umbrella
- Third-story 360-degree glassed-in sun room with plush seating
-wifi and smart/cable televisions in both living room and bedroom
-off-street parking area
-Freshly reglazed antique clawfoot tub with ceiling-mounted adjustable shower head
-fully equipped kitchenette with all new appliances including gas stove, full-size refrigerator, garbage disposal, and every utensil you need to make a meal with the beautiful things you'll buy at the farmers market in Marion Square! And don't forget to peruse what could be called the Second Bible in Charleston, the cookbook "Charleston Receipts," as well as the other cookbooks on the shelves
-Kitchen is also stocked with coffee, tea, spices, flour, sugar, oils and most other non-perishables for your convenience
-Washer and dryer (including detergent and fabric softener) available upon request
-local owners to answer your questions and bring extra blankets, towels, etc. or fix anything that may go wrong
Cannon Street and neighbor Spring Street are where most of the wedding businesses and many of the wedding venues are located if that is a concern.
We live nearby and happy to assist with any of your needs, issues with the property, or even just recommendations for things to do or places to eat.
Private roof deck, semi-private staircase (leads to one permanent tenant's aparment as well) Back yard/Parking Area
Общение с гостями
I would like to meet with guests to give over keys and show how the apartment works, answer any questions, etc. If am not available, I will provide the code to the lock box. I am usually not there for checkout so I ask the guests to return the keys to the lock box. The lockbox is directly adjacent to the front door.
Другие важные подробности
What sets this Airbnb apart:
-The huge roof deck and belvedere are like nothing else in the area
-Close attention to detail in accommodating guests' every need
-Completely full kitchen with pots, pans, baking dishes, variety of flours, oils, and spices.
-Premium regular and decaf coffee, with every sort of sugar and sugar substitute and creamer
-Reuse of antiques and salvage from this very site: The old bathtub was moved from accross the hall and scraped of its many many layers of paint. This particular model stopped being manufactured in 1926. Also reused from the original Victorian house are the stair treads on the ladder leading up to the belvedere. The beam accross the belvedere ceiling is one of many we reused throughout the house for decorative purposes.
-Almost all of the artwork /photos are made locally or made by the owner. Some document the renovation of the house.
• Check-in time is 4PM.
1. Please do not bring any pets
2. Do not smoke on the premises. If you absolutely have to smoke, please do so outside on the sidewalk or on the parking lot side of the roof deck. Please, never toss butts off the deck or anywhere else- make sure they are cool and put them in the trash.
3. Please observe local noise ordinances. This means keeping noise to a minimum at night, as well as knowing what the law is before asking others to be quiet or calling the police about noise.
4. Please be very careful when going up and down from the belvedere (sunroom/cupola). Never let young children into the bedroom -where the ladder is- unsupervised. Always keep the portal closed when not exiting or entering as it is a long and hard fall down. We know the ladder is steep but this is a clear and pointed-out danger. We will not be responsible for any injuries.
5. When on the roof deck, do not hop the fence onto the roof.
6. Exercise caution when on the roof deck, especially around the corners of the belvedere as they can be sharp. Also, always turn the lights on when you are up there at night.
7. Never leave the umbrella open when not in use.
8. When showering, put the plastic liner inside the tub.
9. Notify me if you will be using the washing machine in advance.
10.When washing dishes (you do not need to do this before leaving- only if you need them of course) please use the dry rack and mat which is under the sink to dry them if you don't plan to thoroughly dry them with rags.