Atop West Petaluma's Cherry Valley/Brewster neighborhood enjoy your own cottage with discreet private entrance. Solitude and tranquility can be found nestled among grand heritage oaks and downtown a 10-15 minute walk through the Historic District.
Formerly a long term rental unit, "The Oaks" has been renovated as a modestly luxurious vacation cottage. With a charming gas-lit fire place and radiant floor heated bath and dressing rooms it is warm and cozy in winter months. Built below grade with northern exposure it remains cool and refreshing in the sometimes hot spells of summer.
The separate entrance and wooded back yard makes "the Oaks" extremely private.
The cottage is a separate building with separate entrance there are there no shared walls. It is what is called in the vernacular a "Granny Cottage" or accessory unit. It has it's own laundry room in the garage above. There is a dedicated off-street parking area in the driveway for one vehicle and plenty of street parking as well.
There cable TV and high speed internet service is available in the cottage.
Общение с гостями
We are on the property and available by text or phone with local knowledge and help with any issues that may arise during your stay.
Другие важные подробности
Hotel Tax will be requested to when you book this listing.
[Revise as applicable for your property]
1. Smoking is NOT allowed OR Smoking is allowed outside only with written permission of owner.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. Pets are allowed as discussed.
8. Use vent fans when cooking or showering. Smoke detector will go off if vent is not on when cooking on range.
9. Outside Entry Light Located beneath 522 house number left of garage doors.
10. Water and Sewage The cottage is served by a Sewage Ejector System, It is a very effective system, however it will clog up, an alarm will sound and the water will be turned off if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. This includes, but is not limited to, so called “Flushable Wipes”, paper towels, dental floss or other dense paper products. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. A small receptacle is provided to the back left of the toilet for such needs. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clog the sewage system, you could be charged damages of up to $1000.
We, (James and Laurie) have been married since 1979. We have lived in Petaluma for 27 years, and raised our family here. We discovered Petaluma on a trip from our flat in San Francisco to buy firewood, and we fell in love with the unprententious small town aura. We also appreciated it's close proximity to the vibrant bay area. We continue to enjoy Petaluma's evolution. Weekends you can find us walking our labradoodle Rita, from our home to our favorite coffee house downtown.