Just ten minutes to Manhattan: large, art-filled sunny apartment with historic character. Sleeps 5 people.
Above the famous Bronx Documentary Center, where you can catch photo exhibitions and movie screenings.
Historic 1871 landmark building
A 2 minute walk to the subway (metro)
This is a wonderful art-filled apartment in a historic landmark building that houses The Bronx Documentary Center, an arts and cultural center, on the lower floors. The apartment is very large (1000 sf) and has enormous windows in every room. A great space to relax or get work done. There is a large outdoor patio on the ground floor that you can use to relax. Fast wifi is included.
There are two beautiful bedrooms. The larger bedroom has a queen size bed. The other bedroom has a full size bed. There is also a couch that folds out and can sleep 2. This apartment is perfect for families, couples or groups of friends.
There are great Mexican, Italian, Caribbean and African restaurants within few blocks of the apartment. There is a large kitchen with a great stove and everything you will need to cook, if you prefer that. St. Mary's Park is a ten minute walk away.
This apartment is SUPER accessible, a 15 minute subway ride to Manhattan (much closer than most locations in Brooklyn). The apartment is a short subway ride from the following museums:
Bronx Museum of the Arts
The Metropolitan Museum
Studio Museum in Harlem
The Whitney Museum of American Art
I speak Spanish and French: Se habla español y en parle Francais.
Towels and sheets are provided.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Check-In at/after 4:00pm
Check-Out at/before 11:00am
Other times can be arranged, please ask.
There is also a large backyard patio area that you will have access to.
Общение с гостями
I live in the building and there is always someone nearby to help you out--the building superintendent also lives a block away. I have lived in NYC for 30 years and am happy to help with suggestions of places to visit and more.
Другие важные подробности
There are two extremely sociable and friendly cats (Rollei & Babycat) who live in the building. They are NEVER in the apartment where you will be staying, but you may see them occasionally as you enter or leave the building. They don't bite, scratch or meow--they basically just want to be petted.
There is a laundromat across the street, just steps away. This apartment is on the 3rd floor (in Europe this is considered the 2nd floor) and we do not have an elevator.
1. No smoking. We are extremely allergic to it. Smokers can use our back patio.
2. No loud music or noise. This is a chill and creative space.
3. Dates are not guaranteed until the booking has been confirmed! Reservations are given to the guest who books first.
4. All bookings must be made through the Airbnb site. We prefer the legitimacy this creates for both us as the host and you as the guest. Please do not ask us to do transactions with you outside of the site (we will say no). Reservations must be made and paid for in full on Airbnb.
5. Please be prepared to show identification upon checking in.
6. Please no illegal substances
7. No outside guests are allowed without prior approval.
I am a writer, photographer and educator who has worked and lived all over the world. I am friendly and courteous and I take pride in helping others have great experiences. I speak Spanish and some French.