A stunning 19th century Parisian flat completely renovated by an interior architect in June 2013. In the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Pres. It is a bright, quiet and modern 2 bedroom flat that can accommodate 4 people. It is located on the 3rd floor with a lift.
The flat is 55 sqm and includes original features such as parquet, ceiling moldings, and chimney (decorative). The two main entrance doors are digicoded for safety, and are armoured doors. The lounge and 2nd bedroom are on a quiet street and the master bedroom facing a courtyard, both with double glazed windows. It offers a lot of storage thanks to built-in closets. It has an East-West exposure ensuring light through the flat the entire day.
All the appliances and TV equipment are brand new and top-of-the-range. The open plan kitchen is fully equipped: frige/small freezer, washing machine/dryer, micro-wave, dishwasher, 4 zone inductions hob, extractor, Nespresso machine and everything you need to cook with. The bathroom is super design, including an AirPower Rain shower. The toilet is separate. The internet enabled flat screen TV has cable and is hung on the wall with an articulated arm to adjust to watch it either from the sofa or cosily in bed. It includes a Blue-ray DVD player. The flat offers high speed internet through WiFi. Telephone is free for calls on landlines in most countries around the world.
THE MASTER BEDROOM
One bedroom with 2 single beds (90cm) that can be joined to make a king size bed (180cm). It has a lovely view on the courtyard.
LOUNGE + 2nd BEDROOM
The lounge is a large and bright open space with 2 big windows. Half of it can be turned into a second bedroom with one of the sofa’s becoming a very comfortable queen size bed (160cm) thanks to sliding doors giving complete privacy.
Right next to the Bon Marche, the first and most exclusive department store in the world where you can enjoy the delicatessen food from the Grande Epicerie, and get all the best designers brands in one place. There is a bakery on the ground floor of our building and all around the building, you will find cute streets packed with terraces, cafes, brasseries and cute local shops, like fishmongers, bakeries and small antique shops. You can even get your fresh groceries at the famous St Germain food market 5mn walk from the flat, 3 times a week. There is also a small park 1mn away with children area and merry-go-round.
The flat is 10mn walk to the latin quartier, square of St Germain, café de Flore, Seine river side and Luxembourg garden, and only 15min walk to the Louvre.
There is no better location to experience the local Parisian life and its landmarks.
3 choices of metro stations:
Sevres-Babylone (1mn walk), or Saint Placide or Vaneau
Taxi stops: in front of Bon Marche (1mn walk)
Large public carpark 1mn away
Or very popular now, ride a bike: the Velib’; we have a self service bike rental in front of the flat.
- Costs of water, electricity and heating.
- Fast (ADSL) and unlimited Internet connection, Wi-Fi. TV is internet enabled, but best to bring your laptop/tablet.
- Cable TV
- Telephone- Incoming calls + free and unlimited outgoing calls to fixed home phones in France, Europe, USA, Canada, Brazil, and other countries… (Complete list of countries in the apartment or on request), not free for mobile/cellular
- A professionally cleaned flat at arrival (including linen and towels)
- Personal reception at the apartment on arrival and departure for formalities and keys
- Flexible check-in and check-out times between 8am and 7pm (see House Rules for specific guidance)
- Arranging for additional cleaning (with change of linen & towels) if you want. Cost is Eur 80 for 2 people and Eur 110 for 3 to 4 people. Please note it does not include washing of clothes nor dishes, pans, etc
- Our concierge will ensure that all appliances are working properly, are fixed promptly or replaced if need be. He speaks English, French and Portuguese and you can pay any extras you may request to him directly.
- Baby crib. We can provide you with a portable baby crib at a fee of 50 euros for the period of your stay, please bring your own baby sheets & covers
This is our home in Paris and we have spent substantial effort to make it as nice and comfortable as possible, and we really hope you treat it as your own home. Basic rules are to use common sense and respect our neighbours, particularly on arrival and departure with luggage.
Given we have neighbours we do not want any noisy guests after 10pm. Also if there are more than 2 guests aged 18-35 we would like to know the purpose of the trip and who is going before booking please.
Check in/ Check Out
Arrival times: After 3 p.m., unless otherwise agreed (house cleaning/maintenance is usually performed between 11am-3pm). Departure times: before 11 a.m., unless otherwise agreed.
Any delays or variations are possible, but they must be communicated to us at least 72 hours before arrival so we can communicate with concierge arrival service.
We do propose an option of late check-out and early check-in at half price of the daily rate, but can be flexible if just outside above mentioned arrival/departure timings.
Someone will be at the apartment on arrival and departure for formalities and keys, unless otherwise agreed with us. We need to know a few days before when you arrive, and then again when you are on your way from airport (or other location).
The check-in is not guaranteed if the client does not provide us the flight details or the expected arrival time to the apartment. We kindly ask the guests to inform us about any eventual delay on arrival time.
Late check in: for a check-in between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm, we will charge you 50 euros extra to cover the concierge arrival services.
Moreover, on Sundays and public holidays, we will charge you 50 euros extra for check in and check out.
Flat is NON SMOKING and NO PETS allowed.
I am French and my husband Norwegian/Spanish. We have two daughters. We love travelling. We would be happy to share our lovely flat with you from time to time.