Shady Grove is a 3800 square foot custom timber frame home on 12 wooded acres in a gated wilderness development. Our home has 3 large master suites, loft, and a gourmet kitchen, 3 1/2 baths and an open floor plan. There is a second family room and kitchen on the lower level. A large covered deck is the perfect spot for entertaining or just enjoying the view of the Mitchell Range. The home can sleep up to 14 guests and pets are welcome. It is a short 30 minute drive to downtown Asheville.
Shady Grove offers spectacular views of the Smoky Mountains featuring Mount Mitchell from every room. The first floor has a timber framed open floor plan with a spacious living room, dining room and gourmet kitchen. A large granite breakfast bar will sit five. Kids will love the sleeping loft! The first floor suite features a king size bed, walk-in closet and a gorgeous spa bathroom. In the living room, cozy up to the wood burning fireplace. Entertain your friends on the large covered deck with beautiful wicker furniture. The kitchen boasts restaurant' style appliances, a butlers pantry with washer and dryer. The kitchen opens up to a fenced-in yard for your pet's safety.
The lower level features 2 master suites with walk-in closets and adjacent baths, a family room and a kitchenette all which open to a stone patio.
All of the home's counter tops are granite and all the cabinets are cherry.
One of our previous guests described the home as "elegant with a rustic touch". Shady Grove is made from hand-cut timbers secured by wooden pegs just like homes were constructed hundreds of years ago. The ceilings soar up 26 feet on the first floor and 11 foot ceilings on the lower floor. While the style is certainly Craftsman, European touches are found throughout the home.
Shady Grove is at the end of a lane and sits on approximately 12 acres of virgin forest. We hope you will come and experience our little piece of heaven.
The entire house is yours! Featuring a Large Deck, Fenced in Pet space, and 12 acres.
Общение с гостями
Tim and I are "hands on" owners. We are on call 24/7 if you have needs or issues.
Другие важные подробности
We do supply starter paper products and "some" spices. Kitchen is fully equipped with dishes and glasses for 14 and all necessary cooking utensils.
- $50.00 Per pet fee, non-refundable
- 250.00 Refundable Security Deposit
WELCOME TO SHADY GROVE!!!
Tim and I want your stay at our home to be monumental. We are very "hands-on" owners and hope you will let us know if you need anything. We recommend that you print this and bring it with you for the directions, what to do with your trash, etc.
• Check in time on your arrival date is 4pm. Check out time on your departure date is 11am.
• Our home is located in a gated, mountain development. You will be given 2 gate clickers and 2 house keys upon your arrival.
• Please call Tim when you are getting ready to exit the expressway. He will arrange to meet you at the expressway exit or at the parking lot of the development. His phone number is (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
• Directions to the Crimson Road gate of our development, Gateway Mountain are the following: take I 40; get off at exit 73. Go past the McDonalds (you will be on Bat Cave Rd. and will be going away from the town of Old Fort). Stay on this road for about 5 ½ miles. (After you pass an old gas station, you will be close to Crimson Drive). Turn left on Crimson Drive. This is where the Property Owners Association Office and parking lot is located and normally where Tim will meet you to take you up to the house.
• We have dishes and glasses for 14 people. There are 2 silverware drawers. Please wash wine glasses and pots and pans by hand. We will have starter sets of paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.). If you coming for more than 3 nights, you may need to bring or buy extra.
• Please do not turn on the self-cleaning feature on the oven. Its causes the thermostat to go out which is an expensive mistake.
• Please do not touch the owners' cuckoo clock. It is very delicate and is for ambiance only.
• There is a large pantry room off of the kitchen where you will have several shelves to put your groceries, etc. The laundry area is located in this room.
• There is no trash pick-up in the wilderness. We have two large trash containers in the kitchen. You will need to take your trash to the McDowell Country Transfer station. It is located on Bat Cave Rd about 2 miles from the Crimson Rd. gate. It is open M-W-F and Saturday 6:30 am until 6:30 pm.
• Fire is a very real danger on a mountain. There is no smoking inside the home. Fireworks, firearms, or fire pits are not permitted in our development. Please do not use candles.
• You may make a fire in the fireplace in the winter. We do not typically provide firewood. Please do not dispose of the fireplace ashes. We will clean them out after you leave. To open the flue, pull out the handle in the middle of the fireplace. Close only after the ashes are completely extinguished.
• We have a Weber and a gas grill available for your use. We do not provide charchol or gas.
• There are 3 flat screen TVs. The cable provider is DISH. Please do not order "pay" movies or shows.
• Occasionally the power will go out on the mountain due to wind or storms. We have a generator that will automatically come on in the event of a power outage and will operate most of the house.
• We want you to enjoy the wicker porch furniture during the warm months. Please bring in the seat cushions every evening since they will mildew if left out.
• We love dogs and we understand that you might want to travel with your pet. We do ask that you ask permission to bring a pet (the fee is $50 per pet). We have a large fenced pet area. Please to not leave your pet outside while you are away from the home. Pets will need to be secured in a dog kennel when you leave. There is a shovel for pet feces. Please bag this up and remove from the premises. No pets on furniture please. We have several pet beds for their comfort. There is a leash law in our development.
• Our home is not baby-proofed. We do not supply porta-cribs or highchairs.
• If you rearrange furniture or kitchen supplies during your visit, please put everything back where they were. It takes us a lot of time and effort to do this.
• Please do not leave trash or food in the refrigerator when you leave.
• When you get ready to depart, please strip the beds and towels and put them in the laundry room.
• When you get ready to leave, you can leave the 2 gate clickers and one key on the kitchen counter. Lock the front door with the other key and leave it under the mat.
We want you to have a wonderful time so please let us know if you cannot find something or need directions to anywhere in the Asheville area.
Karen and Tim Periard
((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Tim and Karen moved to the Asheville area in 2005 and built (and designed) our custom timber frame home in 2008. We have been renting out "our little piece of heaven" 3 1/2 years ago on another website. We have heard great things about Airbnb so we decided to try it. We have been collecting antiques for almost 40 years and our home is full of old world treasures. We also love to create food so the gourmet kitchen is our haven!!!