We have a peaceful guest bedroom in the basement of our lovely home located in central Rapid City, SD.
Our sweet home is the perfect location to see the Black Hills while still being in Rapid City. Within two blocks of our home you can access Starbucks, a local public park with tennis courts, a bus stop, a grocery, Walgreens, and the local Chocolate shop.
We are a quick 3 minute drive (15-20 min walk) from historic downtown where all the local shops are. And in less than 30 minutes you can access either the southern or northern Black Hills including: Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Sturgis, hiking trails etc.
The room itself features a queen size bed, two windows, a full closet, a table with a stool, and a locally-crafted bison-leather chair.
You have the newly remodeled bathroom next door all to yourselves. There is also a laundry room across the hall with a washer, dryer, iron, and chest freezer that guests are free to use! We have a kitchen area upstairs that is also available to use if guests wish to do their own cooking, store food in the fridge, make tea/coffee, etc.
There is free parking right outside the house along the curb, and an external side door with easy access to the bedroom.
We two dogs that are friendly and well-trained (Shosta more polite than Zoay, however). They sleep across the hall from you in the laundry room. Both have loved-on scores of guests but will still insist on barking at you upon arrival. Please don't be too alarmed! They won't usually jump, though, and will be doe-eying you in no time.
We usually wake around 7:30-8:00am and eat a half hour later. On days where we're gone or busy, help yourself to whatever is in the kitchen (bagels/toast/cereal etc. is almost always in cabinets).
We're both regularly in and out of the house; our work schedules differ depending on the week and season. We have a spare house key if you're staying more than one night that you can use for access.
Guests have access to the following spaces:
1. Large patio in the backyard (ask if you want to make a fire in the firepit)
2. Kitchen (for meals) + fridge for storage
3. Laundry room
4. Guest bed room (downstairs)
5. Guest bathroom (downstairs)
6. Conditional access to living room downstairs with TV; the condition is simply if we are not using it, then you are free to use the space. If you choose to hangout there, please do not eat food in the room.
Другие важные подробности
*If this is your first Airbnb experience, please let us know so that we can be mindful of helping you learn the ropes*
*If you are deathly afraid of pets, perhaps it would be wise to make a reservation elsewhere!*
- All arrival times are just fine, however, please let us know the day before what your estimated arrival time is so we can get all in order for you.
- Keep 11pm-7am quiet enough for everyone to sleep.
- You can use the kitchen as you please, keeping in mind a couple things: (a) avoid using metal tools for the ceramic non-stick pan, (c) please clean up after you're done.
- In the winter, there are extra blankets in one of the closets.
One or the other of us is almost always available to answer questions you may have about the Black Hills or help you get comfortable in our home. We are open, low-key people and would love to get to know you. But we respect the need for private rest-space too, especially when traveling.
Some days we will be very busy and and gone from the house entirely, while other days we'll be around if you need anything. Our schedules are very unpredictable, so that's just something to keep in mind.
We are a young married couple who enjoy serving guests in our home. Jamin is a college professor and Jessica a family counselor. We live like hobbits, enjoying peace, tea, books, deep conversation, and plant and animal life. We both love the Black Hills and hope you enjoy your stay!